Pages:
Author

Topic: Imagine a cashless society - page 6. (Read 1751 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 100
ApolloX
April 26, 2018, 04:10:42 PM
I don't have any need to imagine it - I already live in it, I avoid using cash because it's absolutely not so comfortable as I want it to be.
Activity: 556
Merit: 250
April 26, 2018, 04:05:00 PM
Just by using your phone, you could purchase almost anything. No need to withdraw on an atm. No more heavy coins on your pocket. Paying bills, and purchasing tickets without standing on a line. Very convenient and less time consuming. I know we're already using credit cards right now, but using a single currency like bitcoin world wide could really help on transaction, having less error than the normal and faster transfer and of course the security. Do you guys think this could happen in the future of bitcoin?

Cashless society would be more convenient for most of us especially that it is easier for us to transact and have bitcoin as a mode of payment. What we really need is as assurance that bitcoin would be legalize by the government world wide. Educating people about it is also necessary and important so that if the time comes, people would know how to use it wisely.
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
April 26, 2018, 03:22:07 PM
This would be very good for all people, especially in those countries where inflation is present. Everyone would use one currency that would always be valuable. Is it possible?
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
April 26, 2018, 02:38:28 PM
Just by using your phone, you could purchase almost anything. No need to withdraw on an atm. No more heavy coins on your pocket. Paying bills, and purchasing tickets without standing on a line. Very convenient and less time consuming. I know we're already using credit cards right now, but using a single currency like bitcoin world wide could really help on transaction, having less error than the normal and faster transfer and of course the security. Do you guys think this could happen in the future of bitcoin?

I like to live a cashless society because it was very hard to hold a physical cash, another thing is that there are crimes today like bank robbery and families as well that are being robbed each day.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1233
April 26, 2018, 02:12:49 PM
I imagine a cashless society already happening in Japan for the people who want to buy many things with bitcoin as not everything can be bought with it even in Japan which is a pioneer country in accepting cryptos widely.

People there can use bitcoin to shop and buy electronics , bitcoin is 100% accepted in the biggest mall there so anyone wanting to go and buy things there directly with their phone , can do it.

A world cashless society is impossible for a few decades to come because of unfriendly governments versus bitcoin and cryptos. I see a world cashless society happening not before 50-100 years from now , if it will ever be possible.
Activity: 462
April 26, 2018, 02:07:45 PM

Pursuing crypto as a world currency would be quite hard knowing that most of the countries these days don't accept bitcoin. However, if every government would unite to have it, it would be great if we'll have a single currency worldwide. What the government must do is to educate every members of the society about bitcoin.
Activity: 315
Merit: 15
April 26, 2018, 01:55:32 PM
We are all looking forward to that kind of future but I think that kind of living would result to less interactions with people around you which can affect us negatively. We should atleast appreciate still the presence of fiat wherein it made us smart and socializing to other from the past. Having a cashless society can be a good thing but we should still look back on where we all started.
Activity: 210
April 26, 2018, 01:13:40 PM
actually i imagined that before for people wants increases every new generation. When there is new generation absolutely there will be new wants to arouse and new things to be created to satisfy the wants or maybe needs. So my it will probably happen in the future. No question for technology engage this world already.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
April 26, 2018, 01:06:43 PM

I am not sure I like a cashless future even I am fascinated by the blockchain technology. The most annonymous "coin" is our cash. With blockchain all transactions are transparent, even there are anonymous coins developing different technologies to reduce transparency. The Administrations cannot even wait, till they can get rid of cash. So it will certainly happen. How long it is going to take, I do not know. But it will need its time still.
Activity: 168
April 26, 2018, 01:03:18 PM
It will be a good news for everyone since all people will be adopting a new modern economy where all transactions were cash less. This will make all trasactions easier and faster. Hoping that this all might happen in the future.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
April 26, 2018, 12:48:09 PM
This sounds great until you think about how a discharged phone will be equated to losing a wallet. It is not necessary to completely switch to this method of payment. A person should have a choice.
By the time a cashless society becomes a reality it is very likely that the batteries of smart phones will last for weeks or even months, in fact if you do not use your smartphone that much the battery will last a very long time, however that is the point, in a cashless society you will not have a choice you will have to use a digital form of currency whether you like it or not.
Activity: 518
April 26, 2018, 08:58:32 AM
Such time has already come, at me in the smartphone applications from banks which allow to make money transfer practically in any place are installed. With bitcoin will be in the same way.
Activity: 58
April 26, 2018, 08:11:25 AM
The truth is, most governments and central bankers around the world believe it is important to gradually eliminate the use of cash in the years ahead. They claim the absence of cash would help reduce crime and terrorism, expedite monetary policy and help the global economy.
Activity: 22
April 26, 2018, 06:44:18 AM

This is already happening with the help of credit cards. Since credit cards do not require you to have any internet connection or charge in any device, it is more convenient.
Activity: 840
Merit: 266
April 26, 2018, 06:41:35 AM
I strongly believe this can happen in the future , In fact in near future . But crypto currency overall still have some flaws that need to be taking care of before that can happen . The biggest flaw is the security for average persons , Just look at what happened 2 days ago MWE dns got attacked and people was redirecting to a phishing site , Now I now that most people will notice that the SSL is not secure but what about the average person ! They will probably fall in this phishing site the attack was for few hours and the attacker managed to get 215 ETH i think from victim people . I dream of a blockchain where people can revers transaction by vote , And I believe it will happen in the future , Because seeing the attacker wallet with the money on it and knowing you can not do anything about it is kinds hurting .
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
April 26, 2018, 06:34:01 AM
This sounds great until you think about how a discharged phone will be equated to losing a wallet. It is not necessary to completely switch to this method of payment. A person should have a choice.

Yes, we must always have the choice. However, I can admit that if future almost all people will prefer to use cryptocurrency. Maybe this future will not come soon, but there is a big possibility of a global usage of the crypto.
Activity: 60
Merit: 4
April 26, 2018, 06:03:14 AM

I 100% think cash will be phased out in the next 20-50 years. Wr are already seeing the world heading in that direction. Thinking about it I think it could be way less time than 20-50 years. I get strange looks if I try to pay for anything of value with cash. You can see the culture shifting.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 507
April 26, 2018, 05:52:03 AM
All this goes, paper money is simply not needed. Today we are more often using credit cards or other services. And the future behind cryptocurrency payments with the help of portable devices.

We are definitely moving towards a cashless society but I think there is still much space for development and awareness for this field. And second thing we are using Debit or Credit cards and now a days many online wallets like Amazon Pay, Samsung Pay and so on but all of them are centralized and we are not using cryptocurrency on large scale. One should also note that there are many countries which are still under devolved and places under war area zone, at such places it is hard to implement cashless society.

Thereby, I believe e are developing for cashless society but the goal is still far away.
Activity: 149
April 26, 2018, 05:40:26 AM
All this goes, paper money is simply not needed. Today we are more often using credit cards or other services. And the future behind cryptocurrency payments with the help of portable devices.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
April 26, 2018, 05:30:10 AM
It kind of worries me how many in this thread think a cashless society is some sort of utopia.

You need to step back and ask why governments and banks want a cashless society, hint its not for your benefit.

Cashless society =

Banks have complete control of your finances.
No more bank runs the next time they fail.
No escaping negative interest rates.
Every transaction is traceable and taxable.
No financial privacy.
What happens during a banking system failure - no access to funds (one happened in the UK for TSB customers over the last week).

A cashless society also does not equal Crypto, a cashless society could be achieved with existing technology in place i.e. debit and credit cards.

In the UK you can see children are being pre-conditioned ready for a cashless society.  Many schools now use finger print recognition to pay for school lunches linking to an online credited account.

My advice is to use cash where you can and hold on to it as long as your can, its another way of holding wealth outside the system like precious metals and crypto.

Pages:
Jump to: