Pages:
Author

Topic: [INFO] The Bitcoin Penny Company Doodle Collection - page 5. (Read 32084 times)

Activity: 1288
Merit: 295
Those Gold penny doodles look amazing Grin

What happened to making that doodle book? I need it Cheesy

I love having my pair of Bitcoin Penny Doodles and I'd pay Bitcoin Cash for a doodle collection book. Chris, are you looking for a new project now that the manhole cover was a success?

Thanks for the kind words! Grin

Regarding the doodle book...The truth is that it's probably a quick and easy project. I have enough doodles. (Although, it's not a bad idea to wait until summer when I have a  lot more to sort thru and choose from.) I have a pretty good informal outline for the book too. And I have a secret idea for it that I absolutely LOVE!!! Unfortunately, I do not have the will to make the doodle book project a reality. You see, I simply can't get over the feeling that releasing a book of my own doodles is just...arrogant. They're silly little doodles meant for momentary amusement, not real art. I'm in NO WAY a legitimate artist, and to release a book of my doodles feels like I'm pretending to be a real artist. It's hard to explain, but it feels unwarrantedly vain and self-absorbed to release a doodle book.

OTOH... Maybe I just need to print the darn thing and stop worrying about if my doodles are art-worthy enough. Undecided

Regards,
Chris

I think they are absolutely awesome, and I think a book would be totally unique and extremely cool.  I love that you included these with the rolls.  Very clever and very fun.   Cheesy
Activity: 210
Merit: 143
Here's my Bitcoin Penny doodle! Hopefully someone can provide a repost service  Grin

https://imgur.com/OYyfTHT
legendary
Activity: 2662
Merit: 2203
BitcoinPenny.com
TBH i don't know a lot about that but IMO you should just chill about it! i do know that you do not make that as an art but started as a fun little thing which we all have come to love. I just think, it would be cool to have a little book of those doodles like a part of my bitcoinpenny collection and how it will depict the history with little intro on how and why you started the doodles Smiley

Good point, Sky. This book isn't about/for me; it's about/for you and everyone else. I lost sight of that. Thank you for reminding me.

I am a little confused here though, are you gonna make the book with new doodles or put all the old ones ever made? I was thinking the later one Smiley

Definitely the old / mailed doodles only. There are MANY doodles that were mailed to customers but never posted in this forum thread. Luckily, I scanned most of them, so if we print the doodle book, then you're sure to see several of those doodles.

Regards,
Chris
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222
Just looking for peace

I love having my pair of Bitcoin Penny Doodles and I'd pay Bitcoin Cash for a doodle collection book. Chris, are you looking for a new project now that the manhole cover was a success?

Regarding the doodle book...The truth is that it's probably a quick and easy project. I have enough doodles. (Although, it's not a bad idea to wait until summer when I have a  lot more to sort thru and choose from.) I have a pretty good informal outline for the book too. And I have a secret idea for it that I absolutely LOVE!!! Unfortunately, I do not have the will to make the doodle book project a reality. You see, I simply can't get over the feeling that releasing a book of my own doodles is just...arrogant. They're silly little doodles meant for momentary amusement, not real art. I'm in NO WAY a legitimate artist, and to release a book of my doodles feels like I'm pretending to be a real artist. It's hard to explain, but it feels unwarrantedly vain and self-absorbed to release a doodle book.

OTOH... Maybe I just need to print the darn thing and stop worrying about if my doodles are art-worthy enough. Undecided

Regards,
Chris

TBH i don't know a lot about that but IMO you should just chill about it! i do know that you do not make that as an art but started as a fun little thing which we all have come to love. I just think, it would be cool to have a little book of those doodles like a part of my bitcoinpenny collection and how it will depict the history with little intro on how and why you started the doodles Smiley

I am a little confused here though, are you gonna make the book with new doodles or put all the old ones ever made? I was thinking the later one Smiley
But either would be awesome
legendary
BitcoinPenny.com

Regards,
Chris

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
I found this one digging through a box earlier, might be a forgery though because the signature is in the wrong place:

An obvious fake. Plus, I would never spell unicorn incorrectly.

Me

Chris is a better artist, he requires about 80% fewer strokes of the pen to make an incredibly more detailed image. Sorry, doodle, doodle.

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222
Just looking for peace
Those Gold penny doodles look amazing  Grin

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
That’s a good point! Plz do! This time I’ll be applying your sticker as only half a noob but more importantly know how a WS feels  Grin (and we still sigh relief)
legendary
BitcoinPenny.com
These are like finding the Golden Ticket in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!!

What a compliment! Grin

I remember my first doodle, before my btalk days.  I don’t know where it is but I can share that I’ve been rockin BTC Penny on the ol IPad since then. This feels like forever ago. The SW holo used as sticker showing strong noob skillz.
https://imgur.com/a/nVBJt
Won’t misplace it this time   Smiley

Thanks for allowing us to be featured on your iPad, ChiBitCTy! (No Cubs sticker?)

And the new 2018 coin stickers will be here soon! (Free with every purchase, as usual.) We'll be sure to send a few your way. Wink

Regards,
Chris

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
I remember my first doodle, before my btalk days.  I don’t know where it is but I can share that I’ve been rockin BTC Penny on the ol IPad since then. This feels like forever ago. The SW holo used as sticker showing strong noob skillz.
https://imgur.com/a/nVBJt
Won’t misplace it this time   Smiley
legendary
BitcoinPenny.com
A few of the Bitcoin Penny™ GOLD doodles...

Regards,
Me

legendary
BitcoinPenny.com
So we got a creative guy here that includes free doodles with any order (note that the doodles are not the order, but the pennies are, doodles are just freebies on top of it),
and everything we can discuss is how easy their signature is to fake?

Kudos BP, keep being awesome Smiley

Thanks, Lutpin. Smiley

Regards,
Me
copper member
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874
Goodbye, Z.
I think their point was how ridiculously easy signatures are to copy, and mine was "all things matter"
So we got a creative guy here that includes free doodles with any order (note that the doodles are not the order, but the pennies are, doodles are just freebies on top of it),
and everything we can discuss is how easy their signature is to fake?

Kudos BP, keep being awesome Smiley
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
lumpy red potatoes, I'm not trolling this is re-programming.
legendary
BitcoinPenny.com
At this point, I'm inclined to wonder if you're simply trolling...

No, those are not genuine BP doodles.

Regards,
Me
surely you must remember this one if nothing else:

#sally

I think their point was how ridiculously easy signatures are to copy, and mine was "all things matter"
I didn't pay for those ones they just appeared.
legendary
BitcoinPenny.com
Should I be furious? I don't think this is the only one I ended up with.

Furious? I suppose that depends on how much you paid for them and/or how much you value the thought of having a genuine BP doodle. In my case, I can draw a genuine BP doodle anytime I wish, so they aren't incredibly valuable to me. However, to collectors (and other people who aren't me), they may have monetary and/or sentimental value. In fact, I seem to recall a few doodles being sold for ~$30 each a while back. Maybe that's changed. I don't know.

EDIT: I do value the doodles from the summer's Daddy-Daughter Doodle Project. I value those very much. Wink

Regards,
Chris
I found this one digging through a box earlier, might be a forgery though because the signature is in the wrong place:

Me

Are you certain?

I'd hate to have been collecting forgeries...

Yes, I am certain. I did not draw that. You may wish to contact the person from whom you bought it.

Regards,
Me

I think I'll do that! Should I be furious? I don't think this is the only one I ended up with.

yup, found this one too:

legendary
BitcoinPenny.com

Me

Are you certain?

I'd hate to have been collecting forgeries...

Yes, I am certain. I did not draw that. You may wish to contact the person from whom you bought it.

Regards,
Me
Pages:
Jump to: