Pages:
Author

Topic: [INFO] The Bitcoin Penny Company Doodle Collection - page 8. (Read 32084 times)

legendary
Activity: 2662
Merit: 2203
BitcoinPenny.com
I ordered a single penny, but got two seperate packages. In total I got two pennies in seals, two doodles, two BTC decals, and two stickers. Tyvm! Will upload the doodles soon.

Congratulations! That's pretty lucky, my friend. Our mistake is your good fortune. Smiley

We look forward to seeing your doodles.

Regards,
Chris
legendary
BitcoinPenny.com
I'm almost certain it came with the very first roll...Which would make it the very first SCRIBBLE.

COOL, proof that I am the first and number 1 Bitcoin Penny fan.

Oh, yes. I can officially confirm that you were, without a doubt, our very first customer. And since you purchased our very first Limited Edition Roll (before we had them individually numbered), that's probably our very first scribbled note.  Smiley

Regards,
Chris
BG4
legendary
Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024
PaperSafe
I'm almost certain it came with the very first roll...Which would make it the very first SCRIBBLE.

COOL, proof that I am the first and number 1 Bitcoin Penny fan.
legendary
BitcoinPenny.com

How many "Pre-doodles" like this 1 ,are there in the wild....Huh

First one, only one Huh

Wow! It's been a long while since I've seen one of those, BG! Smiley Those brown Kraft paper scribbles went out with our first sales, and I believe only for our Limited Edition Rolls. I don't think we sent similar notes along with our Short Rolls. We may have, but I don't think so. (The Short Rolls were miffman's idea, if I remember correctly. You might ask him if he ever received one with his Short Roll, which was our first one sold.)

Regardless, our simple books show that until we placed the order for our first THANK YOU cards, we had only sold four (4) Limited Edition Rolls and two (2) Short Rolls. So...six (6) of those brown Kraft paper scribbles at the most?

Regards,
Chris
BG4
legendary
Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024
PaperSafe

How many "Pre-doodles" like this 1 ,are there in the wild....Huh

First one, only one Huh
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
Any new doodles out there??

I know many have ordered and received a doodle

Will YOU be the one to submit the next doodle? Grin

Thanks Smiley
Be careful what you ask for MJ this is the internet, maybe i just have a dirty mind but i read that you want people to post pics of doodles, what if Gleb found this thread  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222
Just looking for peace
That is a very nice doodle. How long did that take you? Shocked

Thank you for the kind words, Mitchell. How long it took is a complex answer. The actual doodling didn't take too long. I did have to Google a picture of the Death Star and various fighters, though. (Did you know there were two Death Stars? Yep, surprising what odd info a Google turns up.) But that doodle was a long time in the making. I kept forgetting to start it. LOL It's actually going to TMAN. He won a raffle earlier this year where we donated a professionally framed doodle as one of the prizes. When the doodle was finished being framed, I PMed him to say that it would be shipped soon. He mentioned something about being very excited to see it, because our doodles are "epic." Personally, I felt rather bad, because he may have been expecting a special epic-level raffle doodle, when it was just a normal simple doodle (the kind of minimalist doodle that I prefer) that happened to be professionally framed. I feared he may have raised his hopes too much, so I promised him an "epic" consolation doodle. (Being a true gentleman, he declined my offer of an additional doodle, and he assured me that my raffle doodle would be more than good enough. However, I insisted on making that epic consolation doodle anyway.) So here it is, the "epic" doodle that I promised to TMAN a long, long time ago. Wink

Regards,
Chris
Really good story Cheesy

Congrats TMAN

am not a fan but that deathstar looks amazing Cheesy
legendary
BitcoinPenny.com

Thank you for the kind words, Mitchell. How long it took is a complex answer. The actual doodling didn't take too long. I did have to Google a picture of the Death Star and various fighters, though. (Did you know there were two Death Stars? Yep, surprising what odd info a Google turns up.) But that doodle was a long time in the making. I kept forgetting to start it. LOL It's actually going to TMAN. He won a raffle earlier this year where we donated a professionally framed doodle as one of the prizes. When the doodle was finished being framed, I PMed him to say that it would be shipped soon. He mentioned something about being very excited to see it, because our doodles are "epic." Personally, I felt rather bad, because he may have been expecting a special epic-level raffle doodle, when it was just a normal simple doodle (the kind of minimalist doodle that I prefer) that happened to be professionally framed. I feared he may have raised his hopes too much, so I promised him an "epic" consolation doodle. (Being a true gentleman, he declined my offer of an additional doodle, and he assured me that my raffle doodle would be more than good enough. However, I insisted on making that epic consolation doodle anyway.) So here it is, the "epic" doodle that I promised to TMAN a long, long time ago. Wink

Regards,
Chris
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
legendary
BitcoinPenny.com
This doodle is a bit more epic... Wink

Regards,
Me
legendary
BitcoinPenny.com
With the release of the new 2017 Bitcoin Pennies, there should be some sweet new doodles forthcoming.
If anyone wants to donate or trade their doodles, let me know.
Feel free to post pics of any that we have not seen yet!!!

Thanks Cheesy

Here are a few that went out recently... Smiley

Regards,
Me
legendary
BitcoinPenny.com
That looks amazing Cheesy
I wonder , what mine looks like?  Roll Eyes

Thanks, Sky. I would've posted a photo of your doodle too, but I thought it might spoil the surprise. Wink Hopefully, it'll reach you soon.

Regards,
Chris
legendary
Just looking for peace
One of our very first doodles of 2017...  Smiley

Regards,
Chris

That looks amazing Cheesy
I wonder , what mine looks like?  Roll Eyes
legendary
BitcoinPenny.com
One of our very first doodles of 2017...  Smiley

Regards,
Chris
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1029
I just received my 2-coin set from the BitcoinPenny today. Not trading it yet, but just wanted to showcase it to the world as they look really really beautiful.

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072
Interesting information about the differences and good to know! 

Fully agreed, MJ has done an exceptional job cataloguing these so far and I look forward to the 2017 additions.  Smiley
legendary
BitcoinPenny.com
A little FYI:

There are 3 versions of the Bitcoin Penny Doodle.

1st - (2015) made in 2015 for the original releases of the 2015 Bitcoin Penny. These cards measured 5 x 3.25 inches. Had the 2015 CJB penny on the backside. Signed with a "C"

2nd - (2016-A) made in 2016 for the new release rolls. These cards were quite larger than the originals and were limited in their release. They measure 6 x 4 inches. They feature the 2016 SN coin on the backside. Signed as "Chris w/ smiley"

3rd - (2016-B) made in 2016, continuation of the larger 2016 cards. These newest cards measure 5.25 x 3.5 inches and feature the 2016 SN coin on the backside as well. Signed as "Chris w/ smiley"

And a little more FYI:

The original (2015) cards were printed five (5) per sheet (8.5x11") on standard white cardstock, then hand cut on a Dahle 533 Professional Guillotine paper cutter, so many of those first-year THANK YOU doodle cards are a little off, dimension-wise. Some are a bit smaller; some are a bit larger. (However, my personal notes confirm that the intended dimensions of those 2015 doodle cards were exactly 5" x 3.25"...so well done, MJ.)

For the 2016 release, I decided to splurge and have the THANK YOU doodle cards professionally printed as 6" x 4" postcards. (No more measuring and cutting for me!) However, because of the limited size of our padded shipping envelopes (which are just under 4" wide) as well as the smaller of our two standard shipping boxes (which suffers from the same limited width), we were forced to repeat the 2015 hand-cutting process for many of our 2016 shipments. (My personal notes confirm that the intended dimensions of the 2016(B) hand-cut doodle cards were exactly 5.25" x 3.5". Again, well done, MJ.)

As for the "C" vs "Chris w/ smiley" signatures, I really hadn't noticed the signature change, so I have no clue as to when we made the switch, and it's quite likely that we made the switch sometime during 2015 (or 2016) and not exactly between the two releases. (Does that confusing explanation of jumbled words makes sense to anyone?)

MJ has done an OUTSTANDING job of cataloging these Bitcoin Penny™ THANK YOU doodle cards!

Thank you for taking the time to do this, MJ! Smiley

Regards,
Chris
legendary
Just looking for peace
If anyone has any more doodles to contribute, please contact me!!!
Willing to buy or trade!!!

A little FYI:

There are 3 versions of the Bitcoin Penny Doodle.

1st - (2015) made in 2015 for the original releases of the 2015 Bitcoin Penny. These cards measured 5 x 3.25 inches. Had the 2015 CJB penny on the backside. Signed with a "C"

2nd - (2016-A) made in 2016 for the new release rolls. These cards were quite larger than the originals and were limited in their release. They measure 6 x 4 inches. They feature the 2016 SN coin on the backside. Signed as "Chris w/ smiley"

3rd - (2016-B) made in 2016, continuation of the larger 2016 cards. These newest cards measure 5.25 x 3.5 inches and feature the 2016 SN coin on the backside as well. Signed as "Chris w/ smiley"

Never knew that
thanks for the info Smiley

They look awesome , i need to check which am i missing Grin
legendary
BitcoinPenny.com
I got a very special doodle from CJB/Lauda/Minerjones when they shipped me a very nice gift. Grin

wow that one is amazing!  Shocked

Did Chris made it or was edited by Lauda and MJ

Thanks for the kind words, Sky. Smiley

I doodled it. (And I'm not the best poet in the world, but I did my best.) MJ and Lauda asked me if I would make a special doodle for our friend Mitchell as part of a special gift package, and I was honored for the opportunity. MJ and Lauda gave me advice/suggestions/guidance about what to draw, so it's really a group effort. I couldn't have doodled it without them. (Thanks, guys!)

This is definitely one of my favorite (and most elaborate) doodles of all.

Enjoy our special doodle, Mitchell! Wink

Regards,
Chris

legendary
Just looking for peace
I got a very special doodle from CJB/Lauda/Minerjones when they shipped me a very nice gift. Grin

Click on the image for a bigger picture

wow that one is amazing!  Shocked

Did Chris made it or was edited by Lauda and MJ
Pages:
Jump to: