Pages:
Author

Topic: Inputs.io | Instant Payments, Offchain API, Secure Wallet, 235k+ BTC transferred - page 18. (Read 158131 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
nearly dead
As TF liquidated bitfunder: BTCINVEST, he sent the payouts to each investor's Coinlenders account... more than a week after the hack occurred.

I'm not convinced it was nefarious. He might have just been trying to keep everything running while he saw if he could recuperate the losses.

I am inclined to think that. Earn enough interest on Coinlenders and use that to keep the bank operational and liquid. That's what all the other banks in the world do.
If someone breaks into a bank's vault, the bank might still survive as long as there are no massive simultaneous payout requests (bank run). If not for the current price hike, when a lot of people decided to cash out at the same time, inputs.io might have made it through the rough stretch and operational without anyone noticing any problems.

You are forgetting some detail there buddy, people noticed their bitcoins from inputs.io went missing. That is, they didn't even request a payout, they were taken from them. You are not going to see a real world bank doing that nowadays without facing huge problems (at least a country-wide kind of problem), please do not compare this to a bank in any way.
Activity: 112
Understand: TF operates business, business gets hacked, TF won't pay shit to anyone (depends on him.. he can do as he wants - nobody can affect it).
If he wants, he can just disappear with the money you've gave to him. He's anonymous, remember.

Is he that anonymous?  The found the guy behind Silkroad, they found Pirate40.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--327178

Namecheap surely have his info.
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
Understand: TF operates business, business gets hacked, TF won't pay shit to anyone (depends on him.. he can do as he wants - nobody can affect it).
If he wants, he can just disappear with the money you've gave to him. He's anonymous, remember.

Is he that anonymous?  The found the guy behind Silkroad, they found Pirate40.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--327178
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
As TF liquidated bitfunder: BTCINVEST, he sent the payouts to each investor's Coinlenders account... more than a week after the hack occurred.

I'm not convinced it was nefarious. He might have just been trying to keep everything running while he saw if he could recuperate the losses.

I am inclined to think that. Earn enough interest on Coinlenders and use that to keep the bank operational and liquid. That's what all the other banks in the world do.
If someone breaks into a bank's vault, the bank might still survive as long as there are no massive simultaneous payout requests (bank run). If not for the current price hike, when a lot of people decided to cash out at the same time, inputs.io might have made it through the rough stretch and operational without anyone noticing any problems.
legendary
Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072
quack
Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Activity: 644
Merit: 260
there is absolutely no excuse for saying your website got hacked for 4k coins two weeks ago and then after it you do nothing , you don't tell your customers, you didn't take the site offline to investigate, you just allowed everyone to keep sending coins as if nothing happened. That is absolutely disgusting and i don't believe this "hack" BS for one second.

TF is a scammer
this is the key. he let everyone keep depositing, just lining his pockets with BTC that he is now "partially refunding." coinlenders is still up --- TF are you fucking STILL taking people's coins on coinlenders? i can't believe you let us go so long just lying to us that everything was okay. it is truly disgusting and i hope you are ostracized from the btc community. makes me so sick thinking about what you've done. if you really got hacked? fucking own up to it when it happens. don't let your loyal customers walk into a trap you set so you can steal from them for weeks while you figure your fucking mess out.
Activity: 504
WTF???
Are you opening up your wallet to pay this off as you promised?

What about the profits from your 500BTC JD bet and the BTC from the bet itself?  You F$#*$#D up, time to pay up.

You are one of many to ask this question, with no response.

I guess he is just hoping this will all go away, and people will forget about it / focus their attention on the next scam.

Doesn't that seem like how these go?

Oh.. sorry I lost everyone's money. Message me with your account and I'll refund you.

Gets the majority of the people paid off, keeps people that are away and don't notice. He might be able to claim the majority was refunded and still keep a bit for himself.
Activity: 358
Merit: 250
there is absolutely no excuse for saying your website got hacked for 4k coins two weeks ago and then after it you do nothing , you don't tell your customers, you didn't take the site offline to investigate, you just allowed everyone to keep sending coins as if nothing happened. That is absolutely disgusting and i don't believe this "hack" BS for one second.

TF is a scammer
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Fourth richest fictional character

What about the profits from your 500BTC JD bet and the BTC from the bet itself?  You F$#*$#D up, time to pay up.

You are one of many to ask this question, with no response.

I guess he is just hoping this will all go away, and people will forget about it / focus their attention on the next scam.
Activity: 763

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Well, email sent.. we'll see what's up now.  This really sucks as I've deposited 15 btc after the hack occured.
Activity: 658
Merit: 502
Doesn't use these forums that often.
This is a series of hacks: first WhiskChat, then CoinChat, then Inputs. :\
Activity: 602
Inputs is dead and you'll need to find a new service provider. I don't recommend storing any Bitcoins accessible on computers connected to the internet.

What about CoinLenders?  Is that dead too?

Just received an email about my coinlenders coins.

Hi,

This claim involves CoinLenders which will be handled soon. Due to major hacks, Inputs does not have enough BTC to repay everyone fully which has also affected CoinLenders. If you have had balance shown on Inputs.io, we're dividing up the coins we do have left based on a sliding scale, and have sent it to the specified address. On your Inputs account, your balance should have flipped to the negative to indicate you've received a refund.

We apologize sincerely for the lost Bitcoins. It's been a very hard lesson for us, and we're sorry that we have to pass it onto our users. Please respond to the email if you have any queries.

Lol, it affected CoinLenders too?  what a magical "hack" that was.

Funny thing is this scammer is going to send back a percent of the coins to try and scam again later.

Funny if it will work again. After all Nefario is setting up and exchange. Amir is doing some wallet and Zhou hacked himself twice.

BTC land sure is funny.

i was just thinking this.... it's really run by amaterus. i mean if you really think about it how retarded was the community for trusting zhou, a *14* year old from China to code and not hack himself. 1) he's a minor so no legal action possible because of your own stupidity 2) he's a 14 year old coder with no real life experience.  it appears that people are extremely trusting of incompetent young ones!!! given how much shit gox has had over the years at least they didn't get emptied out fully by a hack. i'm starting to trust gox ever so slightly more just because of their track record.
Activity: 633
Merit: 768
BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC
TradeFortress,

Just sent an (signed) e-mail to you.

BTW, in a few words, what's gonna be the refund policy?

My situation is as follows: all tx that I made funding my acc at inputs.io have occured after the hacker date.

What will you do with clients' funds in that specific scenario?

Creating some straight refund policy would bring some transparency to the whole situation.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
I got 41% of 20btc back

Who is the troll now! That is what you get for trusting a scammer Wink
Activity: 112
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
Activity: 245
Merit: 124
I had an almost full refund. I lost .07 and received .06.

Roll Eyes Wow, you received $18!

Has anyone with significant amounts of exposure (1XBT+) to TF's services received a refund? For how much?
Activity: 98
nearly dead
Any chance you can tell us how many bitcoins in total were available for all your services ? I hope it is not 4100.
Pages:
Jump to: