Pages:
Author

Topic: Inputs.io | Instant Payments, Offchain API, Secure Wallet, 235k+ BTC transferred - page 19. (Read 158131 times)

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
A question for those who had a balance on Inputs. Are the refunds you are getting partial or total? I had money on CoinLenders instead, but at least that should give some insight as of what to expect whenever I get refunded.  Undecided

Partial. Thankfully I didn't have much, and I received about 75% of my funds back.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1030
The attacker was able to empty the balance on accounts with the API key enabled. The issue is being actively looked upon. API access has been disabled.

Everyone who has lost money will be fully reimbursed.

Oh, thanks. We are waiting! Smiley
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
A question for those who had a balance on Inputs. Are the refunds you are getting partial or total? I had money on CoinLenders instead, but at least that should give some insight as of what to expect whenever I get refunded.  Undecided

I got a partial refund.

I got 2.58 and had around 4.2.
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
Certified fox posing as a cat posing as a human
Activity: 287
Merit: 250
It's one thing to have a security breach occur, draining BTC4,000 from the site. To continually allow the site to run normally for over 14 days with users unaware of the gravity of the situation is not just irresponsible, but borderlines criminal negligence. You were aware of the situation, yet you allowed deposits to continue.
Yep.  TF has some serious legal exposure if he lives in a western nation (did I read somewhere that he resides in Australia?) and his identity can be ascertained.  Completely separate from the question of whether this was a hack or a scam, TF's actions after the "hack" -- deceptively allowing his customers to put further deposits into an insolvent "bank" when he knew he could not repay them in full -- are likely a violation of the criminal laws wherever he resides and almost certainly exposes him to civil liability.

Activity: 42
Just got an e-mail back, quote :
"Because the hack occurred neraly 2 weeks ago and the public announcement was only made now?"

This makes no sense, why did TF let people use a COMPROMISED wallet for two more weeks?

Why its now public and not before 2 weeks?Huh  Angry

So he could file a police report, hahaha just kidding Smiley

LOL !!!  Grin i'm sorry i had to laugh
Activity: 59
For a start, has anyone received a confirmed refund? I got my unconfirmed refund today and am waiting for it to process. TF is likely sending 1000's of transaction. I have an ETA of 40hrs. I'll come around to update when this time is up.

I got mine 10 hours ago and it's still unconfirmed, but it's expected.

He's probably going to be sending 1,000+ transactions, meaning that if he paid the 0.0005 fee it would be 0.5 in fees which is 0.5 someone could be getting refunded.

Unfortunately no miner fee was paid, so we will have to be patient.

I am one of the few that got refunded last night and am still waiting for it to confirm.
Activity: 229
Merit: 101
Has anyone who got a refund had problems with them not confirming?

no miners are fees are paid so they take forever confirm
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
For a start, has anyone received a confirmed refund? I got my unconfirmed refund today and am waiting for it to process. TF is likely sending 1000's of transaction. I have an ETA of 40hrs. I'll come around to update when this time is up.
Activity: 71
Has anyone who got a refund had problems with them not confirming?

Activity: 112
I got back .23, but I had .28XX from a deposit made on Tuesday of this week. So the coins I deposited were not stolen and I expect the rest of my money back. There was a small balance there before that and I dont care about it but I do want back what I deposited this week.

Also my partial refund is still unconfirmed since last night.

Consider yourself lucky, and a pretty cheap lesson not to trust web wallets.

Some people lost loads!
legendary
Activity: 2321
Merit: 1292
Encrypted Money, Baby!
Also, unless being a computer forensic expert, "investigating" on one's own on a compromised server is totally irresponsible!

RAM traces are likely gone now, as well as other traces which could lead to the hackers (whether they exist or not).
Activity: 71
I got back .23, but I had .28XX from a deposit made on Tuesday of this week. So the coins I deposited were not stolen and I expect the rest of my money back. There was a small balance there before that and I dont care about it but I do want back what I deposited this week.

Also my partial refund is still unconfirmed since last night.
Activity: 45
"Because the hack occurred neraly 2 weeks ago and the public announcement was only made now?"

This makes no sense, why did TF let people use a COMPROMISED wallet for two more weeks?

Since Boelens have decided to only selectively pick responses, after the 4K btc compromise I cloned the disk image as soon as I could (after disbelieving and in horrendous shock), investigated the scope of the breach, regenerated all credentials, and have been exploring any options that allows Inputs users to not lose any money.

You let users send good money after bad.   You continued to take deposits and didn't come clean.   You should of shut the site down while you "investigated".    Anyone who has deposited ANYTHING for the past 2 weeks should be 100 percent refunded.  

I think so !
Activity: 109

Since Boelens have decided to only selectively pick responses, after the 4K btc compromise I cloned the disk image as soon as I could (after disbelieving and in horrendous shock), investigated the scope of the breach, regenerated all credentials, and have been exploring any options that allows Inputs users to not lose any money.

You let users send good money after bad.   You continued to take deposits and didn't come clean.   You should of shut the site down while you "investigated".    Anyone who has deposited ANYTHING for the past 2 weeks should be 100 percent refunded.  
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

You never told me this. All you said was that it was re secured and thus you announced it now.
legendary
Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072
quack
Could TradeFortress explain how the loss of bitcoins happened exactly?
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

No one noticed for 14 days that their coins were vanishing?

Nothing to notice, it was run like a bank, your balance was still shown but the bank no longer had the funds to pay out. All Ok unless everyone tries to withdraw, a bank run.

When the hacker came back and hit the API, then customers saw their balance disappear, causing the said bank run that led to him having to admit what happened.
Activity: 229
Merit: 101
It was working quite fine until yesterday
Pages:
Jump to: