Pages:
Author

Topic: Inputs.io | Instant Payments, Offchain API, Secure Wallet, 235k+ BTC transferred - page 27. (Read 158131 times)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
So its only people who lost over 1 BTC that can expect anything back?
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
I do not have anything to my bitcoin address yet, and still show a balance on inputs.io..  Will report in when something shows up.

Your btc address? If you have a balance on Inputs that's >1 BTC and have received an email, you should have received a refund already.
Inputs is dead and you'll need to find a new service provider. I don't recommend storing any Bitcoins accessible on computers connected to the internet.

What about CoinLenders?  Is that dead too?

Just received an email about my coinlenders coins.

Hi,

This claim involves CoinLenders which will be handled soon. Due to major hacks, Inputs does not have enough BTC to repay everyone fully which has also affected CoinLenders. If you have had balance shown on Inputs.io, we're dividing up the coins we do have left based on a sliding scale, and have sent it to the specified address. On your Inputs account, your balance should have flipped to the negative to indicate you've received a refund.

We apologize sincerely for the lost Bitcoins. It's been a very hard lesson for us, and we're sorry that we have to pass it onto our users. Please respond to the email if you have any queries.

That e-mail doesn't make any sense... "Users of coinlenders are also effected (read: fucked) but only users of inputs are currently getting any BTC returned."
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
Got a quick reply from inputs.io:

If you have had balance shown on Inputs.io, we're dividing up the coins we do have left based on a sliding scale, and have sent it to the specified address.

I do not have anything to my bitcoin address yet, and still show a balance on inputs.io..  Will report in when something shows up.
Activity: 172
TradeFortress has to pay his debitors
Inputs is dead and you'll need to find a new service provider. I don't recommend storing any Bitcoins accessible on computers connected to the internet.

Just received an email about my coinlenders coins.

Hi,

This claim involves CoinLenders which will be handled soon. Due to major hacks, Inputs does not have enough BTC to repay everyone fully which has also affected CoinLenders. If you have had balance shown on Inputs.io, we're dividing up the coins we do have left based on a sliding scale, and have sent it to the specified address. On your Inputs account, your balance should have flipped to the negative to indicate you've received a refund.

We apologize sincerely for the lost Bitcoins. It's been a very hard lesson for us, and we're sorry that we have to pass it onto our users. Please respond to the email if you have any queries.
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
I have sent an email to [email protected]. Will update this if/when I get a refund.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

Activity: 224
SOME PEOPLE ARE GETTING REFUNDED!!

https://blockchain.info/address/1GLadosEkeAsLReqS3yQ51E1R3wVtbJCDF

Could some of these people tell if they are getting a percentage of the losses or some further info?

Thanks and lets ignore people that likes to make fun of other´s disgrace.

I have yet to get a refund, I'm sure he will though.

EDIT: He's a man of his word, sent quite a bit of what I lost.
Activity: 172
TradeFortress has to pay his debitors
SOME PEOPLE ARE GETTING REFUNDED!!

https://blockchain.info/address/1GLadosEkeAsLReqS3yQ51E1R3wVtbJCDF

Could some of these people tell if they are getting a percentage of the losses or some further info?

Thanks and lets ignore people that likes to make fun of other´s disgrace.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
The hack was not an inside job. I find people who accuse that insulting.

I understand that's not proof. There's little that I can do to prove that I'm not the hacker, through.

what about coinlenders balance then?
can we give you a bitcoin address and you send us our coins?

You lost your money, what don't you understand?

Possibly. Also possible that some coinlender assets were in a separate wallet or that there are loans due to cover some of the coinlender deposits.
Yep, but CL used Inputs as it's wallet. CL still has some assets and people did not lose all of their money. Send an address to [email protected]

did that, when to expect something?
The coming days.

The disturbing thing is people apparently still trust Linode.

I fail to understand why Bitcoin companies use Linode at all, let alone keep a 4000 BTC hot wallet on it! Did Bitcoinica and slush teach us nothing?

Yes it did teach something. That Linode makes for a handy fall guy when it's time to cut and run.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

I understand that's not proof. There's little that I can do to prove that I'm not the hacker, through.

Possibly. Also possible that some coinlender assets were in a separate wallet or that there are loans due to cover some of the coinlender deposits.
Yep, but CL used Inputs as it's wallet. CL still has some assets and people did not lose all of their money. Send an address to [email protected]

The coming days.

I fail to understand why Bitcoin companies use Linode at all, let alone keep a 4000 BTC hot wallet on it! Did Bitcoinica and slush teach us nothing?
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

The coming days.

Activity: 182
Fourth richest fictional character
Where is that "AND ITS GONE!" South Park graphic when you need it...
Activity: 237
Merit: 101
email sent regarding a sizeable deposit on coinlenders.
Activity: 261
Merit: 250
Since TeamFortress will not answer my emails. I guess I have to post a message on here.

I have asked, what exactly is going on with our funds? Is everyone getting a refund at some point in time or is all our coins gone? I didn't lose anything but I would like my funds released. Is inputs.io dead? Do I need to find a new service provider? Simple questions that should be answered. Stop ignoring these questions and give us an answer please.
There's a huge amount of emails that are being worked through. People are getting refunded, but Inputs doesn't have enough coins to pay everyone fully. Send an email to [email protected] with your BTC address.

you have an email from mar****[email protected], please confirm
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
Since TeamFortress will not answer my emails. I guess I have to post a message on here.

I have asked, what exactly is going on with our funds? Is everyone getting a refund at some point in time or is all our coins gone? I didn't lose anything but I would like my funds released. Is inputs.io dead? Do I need to find a new service provider? Simple questions that should be answered. Stop ignoring these questions and give us an answer please.
There's a huge amount of emails that are being worked through. People are getting refunded, but Inputs doesn't have enough coins to pay everyone fully. Send an email to [email protected] with your BTC address.

Activity: 112
oh i get it, they think that since their balance says BTC: 4 they think they still have 4 bitcoins..

yeah sorry dude your coins are gone.

I assume you've logged in to your inputs.io account to see your balance still there? That doesn't necessarily mean the bitcoin actually exist within TradeFortress' possession.
Activity: 224
IIRC error logging was turned on for your environment. As the email account compromise happened after, it seems the same attacker that compromised gigadice weeks earlier was responsible for the Inputs hack. Thanks for pointing this out, pretty big.

I'm not too worried as I have come to grips with the loss, but a reimbursement would be great.
Pages:
Jump to: