Pages:
Author

Topic: Inputs.io | Instant Payments, Offchain API, Secure Wallet, 235k+ BTC transferred - page 25. (Read 158131 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002
Either way, I'd like to know ASAP how CoinLenders refunds will be handled.  I was only using my Inputs wallet as a gateway into CoinLenders.  And now it's impossible to actually make a withdrawal out of CL.  It registers on the CL side, but not on the Inputs side.

I had a look at CoinLenders and all my CDs are missing.

My coinlenders account page looks fine. CDs are there.

.... at least the numbers on the screen are pretty....

weird, my CDs are still missing.
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
Just received most of what I had deposited on October 27th, the day after the hack was discovered.  It wasn't a lot of coin, but it was to me, and I salute TF's efforts.  Immediate responsiveness, contrasted with Roman/bitfloor.

As I have said in another thread, while I am angry at how this happened, I am not accusing TF of being a scammer.  I've always told my kids that making a mess is regrettable, but leaving it is really bad.  TF seems to be trying to clean up. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I remain hopeful at this time that I won't lose the larger amount in Coinlenders.
Activity: 237
Merit: 101
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Why is the community not demanding the most obvious demand?

TradeFortress, you failed. Time to get out your personal cold storage and start paying everyone back.

You failed and must pay the price.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10

And allowed people to continue to deposit, as I did??

Please don't, although if you deposited very recently you should get 100%. It'll be handled on a case by case basis, specify that in the email.

I received most of what was left over from a deposit yesterday but not 100%.
Either way, I'd like to know ASAP how CoinLenders refunds will be handled.  I was only using my Inputs wallet as a gateway into CoinLenders.  And now it's impossible to actually make a withdrawal out of CL.  It registers on the CL side, but not on the Inputs side.

My coinlenders account page looks fine. CDs are there.

.... at least the numbers on the screen are pretty....
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

I don't understand how people who made deposits to inputs (then onto coinlenders) well after the attack are out money.

The amount has been withdrawn in full by other users. There was a limit designed to prevent much of that, but it was per transaction and people got around it.

Then this puts coinlender customers in the same camp as the inputs customers. We should be included in this same pool and not be handled at a later time. (unless there are other coinlender-specific assets in play, like incoming funds from outstanding loans, etc).

this. also, the coinlenders coins should be "safe" with lenders, or am I wrong?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

I don't understand how people who made deposits to inputs (then onto coinlenders) well after the attack are out money.

The amount has been withdrawn in full by other users. There was a limit designed to prevent much of that, but it was per transaction and people got around it.

Then this puts coinlender customers in the same camp as the inputs customers. We should be included in this same pool and not be handled at a later time. (unless there are other coinlender-specific assets in play, like incoming funds from outstanding loans, etc).

I don't understand this either. Hopefully an explanation will hit us very soon...
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
If you actually read about what has been going on instead of jumping to the "Post" button, the attack was detected in hours but it was only announced today as we investigated and explored our options.

Where is the best place to read about what has been going on?  This is the first I have heard about the hack having happened back in October.

vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
I have many problems with this.

• "We" refers to one person, am I correct?
  • Why were deposits and withdrawal not disabled?
  • If the hack occurred in October, how is it possible API keys were compromised in November and money was stolen?
  • Why was the "hot pocket" not immediately emptied after the hack?
1. No. Inputs.io isn't just me, although I do the majority of the work.
2. They were in limited capacity. A withdrawal amount limit didn't work as people simply broke up.
3. The hacker dumped API keys and PIN from the DB. API keys (re)generated after the hack haven't being stolen.
4. The attacker didn't take all of the BTCs, perhaps wanting to remain undetected and steal more.

Please don't, although if you deposited very recently you should get 100%. It'll be handled on a case by case basis, specify that in the email.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
indeed, if there were 4100 coins in the hot pocket, he should easily have 10k in cold storage.
That'd be great, but it's not the case. The majority of the coins were on the 'hot pocket' which was hacked Lips sealed.

Why did this change from a few days ago, when people were complaining about a too-small "hot pocket"?
The hack occurred on 2013-10-26.

and you just now noticed?
If you actually read about what has been going on instead of jumping to the "Post" button, the attack was detected in hours but it was only announced today as we investigated and explored our options.

• If the hack occurred in October, how is it possible API keys were compromised in November and money was stolen?

Yeah me either. Too many shady things that don't make sense here...
Activity: 194
indeed, if there were 4100 coins in the hot pocket, he should easily have 10k in cold storage.
That'd be great, but it's not the case. The majority of the coins were on the 'hot pocket' which was hacked Lips sealed.

Why did this change from a few days ago, when people were complaining about a too-small "hot pocket"?

Activity: 182
Fourth richest fictional character

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

So you do have the coins I deposited yesterday but I cant have all of them back?
Activity: 182
Fourth richest fictional character
Where is that "AND ITS GONE!" South Park graphic when you need it...

NOOO, I lost a lottt!!!

I still hope he hill return some of the money! I have a lot at coinlenders!

Thank you Chaang Noi (Goat). That made me full warm and fuzzy inside! Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: