Pages:
Author

Topic: Inputs.io | Instant Payments, Offchain API, Secure Wallet, 235k+ BTC transferred - page 48. (Read 158131 times)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10
are you able to have multiple address on one account???

sending to multiple accounts sounds good too

Smiley
Activity: 375
Merit: 250
is there a total number of transactions number available?
Activity: 658
Merit: 502
Doesn't use these forums that often.
IMHO, you don't need a sendmany replacement, as off-the-chain tx's are instant, and require no tx fee (why people use sendmany).

Also, TF: you promised me a free WhiskChat ad on inputs Tongue
Activity: 420
★☆★777Coin★☆★
@TradeFortress

Is that "Generate Receipt" function still working?

Looking into Smiley

Can you add sending to multiple addresses?

If a lot of users request it, yes.

1+
Activity: 322
hi TF,

Minor bug. On sweeping in a key i got a string of text saying had swept in 10x the actual number of bitcoins in my address. (some 40.xxxx instead of the actual 4.xxxxxx)

Is that what shows up in your balance? O.o
Activity: 329
hi TF,

Minor bug. On sweeping in a key i got a string of text saying had swept in 10x the actual number of bitcoins in my address. (some 40.xxxx instead of the actual 4.xxxxxx)

vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
@TradeFortress

Looking into Smiley

If a lot of users request it, yes.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
Making a transaction now has a cool progress bar thanks to NProgress Smiley

So now we can watch in agony as our Bitcoins are sucked from our wallet into someone else's? YES!

o.O. That's like buying something from the store and the cashier having to wave your money in your face and do a dance with it before they finally take it away, never to return to you.

Now I'm depressed, Sad.

Look for the lawsuit in the mail for induced depression and the pain & suffering associated with it. ALL UR BITCOINS R BELONG TO ME!
this is LMAO, good post, gg

(tip sent!)
Activity: 633
Merit: 768
BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC
By the way, why not setting fees like that (for blockchain tx)?

Code:
if ( tx >= 0.01 , fee = 0.0005 , fee = 0.0001 ) ;

Huh
Activity: 633
Merit: 768
BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC
I sent some funds + transaction fee to my inputs.io a couple of hours ago and they have 13 confirmations on the blockchain but still shows in inputs.io as unconfirmed.

Should have confirmed.

New feature: Payment receipts!

This allows you to participate in things that require you to sign a message from one of your sending addresses. As inputs.io mixes your wallet for you automatically, none of the sending addresses of your transactions actually belong to you for privacy. However, this means that some things (like lottos that send back to your sending address, or group buys) cannot be used with Inputs.io ... until now!

You're able to (retroactively) generate receipts for all your outgoing transactions to the Bitcoin network. We'll sign a message from one of the sending addresses of that transaction with one of your addresses. It looks like this:

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Signed by Inputs.io on 20/07/13 06:38:48

The transaction 03f4e309a037e8c45e30eb01828f2f08be0ac26a4825eeaf0c2aac5bf535b186 was sent by the owner of the address 13LUGyXdAenEEMzKKP1Tr2a1ASSyKW9ixR. Messages signed from that address are representative of the actual sender of this transaction. This receipt was signed with one of the inputs of the transaction for verification.

-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1K6Tfakyn3mzkndYx5oTdoEA3RXqBK3puR
IGOiOikZhGxoFLnWkFjPW6dsnyoN5IAbeavQnfhGHT4RvuHJbjLUJfIqjOv/th+MX4mj1VGSf381CkVO6br23C0=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

As you can see, this message was signed by 1K6Tfakyn3mzkndYx5oTdoEA3RXqBK3puR even through I don't own that address, but Inputs lets me sign this message as it has verified that this transaction did come from me. 13LUGyXdAenEEMzKKP1Tr2a1ASSyKW9ixR is my address.

@TradeFortress

I tried to run some tests and could not get it to work properly (for me).

I just copied and pasted the example you brought to us above at http://brainwallet.org/#verify and I got the result "Verified to: 1MqrSzUK2euqevNxFSDwMDnbehCFTvRtZE". That address is way different than the result you got yourself.

P.s.: I did not try on Qt unfortunately.

Would you mind adding some mini-tutorial or FAQ about that function on inputs.io?

Keep up the good work!
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
would it be possible to publish some transparency report? (And would you - customers - be interested?) Motivation is, that we all hate fractional reserve banking, so I'd like to see proof that inputs.io does nothing like it. Basically you'd have to publish all assets and liabilities of inputs.io. Ownership of assets (BTC) is easy to prove, just sign a message. For liabilities, completeness should be checked, so every depositor would check his deposit is listed.

Of course, there is problem that such report threatens anonymity. I hope this can be solved, by clever use of splitting accounts into subaccounts, just for the purposes of this transparency report. So if I have 6 BTC in inputs.io, I would be given 2 random numbers id1 and id2 after my login, and the report would contain, say
id1 - 2.3 BTC
id2 - 3.7 BTC
Still not sure how to do it well and simply, I guess it is good to have many equal subaccount balances, and many "random" balances (not correlated to transaction volumes).
Needless to say, this should be checkable automatically.

I have to admit my interest is more theoretical than practical, I only use inputs.io for accessing coinlenders. Perhaps this report would have some marketing value - "we are not bank, we are better", "don't trust us, check yourself".

So now we can watch in agony as our Bitcoins are sucked from our wallet into someone else's? YES!

o.O. That's like buying something from the store and the cashier having to wave your money in your face and do a dance with it before they finally take it away, never to return to you.

Now I'm depressed, Sad.

Look for the lawsuit in the mail for induced depression and the pain & suffering associated with it. ALL UR BITCOINS R BELONG TO ME!

I laughed for so long
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007

Now I'm depressed, Sad.

Progress bar? Yay! Cheesy
vip
👻
vip
👻
I've been routinely noticing that transactions are put out with much less fees than the site is charging (0.0001-0.0001) as opposed to the 0.0005 it charges. TradeFortress says that the site automatically adds the needed fee to get it confirmed, but waiting 5 blocks for a transaction to be confirmed when less fee than I paid for included is near infuriating. That's the difference between a lot of money on some betting sites when things are noticed at the last minute. I have never seen an outside TX of mine EVER incur a fee MORE than 0.0005 to "make it confirm on time".

i noticed this the other day and ended up having to wait several hours for a transaction to confirm
We pay the default fees that makes Satoshi's client happily relay and mine the transaction, however I'll look into paying a higher than recommended fee.

Yeah, I know. But sometimes, when the balance is unconfirmed, and I refresh, the balance goes to 0 Tongue

Fixed, thanks!
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
KUPO!
I've been routinely noticing that transactions are put out with much less fees than the site is charging (0.0001-0.0001) as opposed to the 0.0005 it charges. TradeFortress says that the site automatically adds the needed fee to get it confirmed, but waiting 5 blocks for a transaction to be confirmed when less fee than I paid for included is near infuriating. That's the difference between a lot of money on some betting sites when things are noticed at the last minute. I have never seen an outside TX of mine EVER incur a fee MORE than 0.0005 to "make it confirm on time".

i noticed this the other day and ended up having to wait several hours for a transaction to confirm
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

This is how the site makes a profit: not include the same amount of transaction fee's as they charge you. So I guess this won't change.
Pages:
Jump to: