Pages:
Author

Topic: Inputs.io | Instant Payments, Offchain API, Secure Wallet, 235k+ BTC transferred - page 51. (Read 158131 times)

vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
As you may have heard, Lavabit has shut down. Here is the a quote from their website:

My Fellow Users,

I have been forced to make a difficult decision: to become complicit in crimes against the American people or walk away from nearly ten years of hard work by shutting down Lavabit. After significant soul searching, I have decided to suspend operations. I wish that I could legally share with you the events that led to my decision. I cannot. I feel you deserve to know what’s going on--the first amendment is supposed to guarantee me the freedom to speak out in situations like this. Unfortunately, Congress has passed laws that say otherwise. As things currently stand, I cannot share my experiences over the last six weeks, even though I have twice made the appropriate requests.

If you have a @lavabit (or @tormail) email, please create a new account with another email and contact us at [email protected]

-----

You can now see the historical "value at time of transaction" or "value when sent" in fiat. We are storing the BTCUSD, BTCEUR, BTCCAD and BTCGBP conversion rates. If you're a developer, you can access this data too - see advanced in the API page.

Please note that only recent transactions has this value as we only recently started storing exchange data. As outlined in our legal disclaimer, exchange rates are for informational purposes only and we do not guarantee the accuracy.

----

Here's an idea
Say I want to get some to pay me, but I'm logged out of ky wallet and cant copy paste my address or otherwise do not have access to it and I want to give my inputs account to someone to pay me. how about instead of 1v.io/Mooshire redirecting to whatever it gives them an address that they fan send to, the default receive address of that wallet so that they can still send me coins. Feedback?

Implemented. Thanks for the feedback!

----

Also, welcome to new members to the Inputs family: BitAds.net and 3-6dice.com Smiley
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Here's an idea
Say I want to get some to pay me, but I'm logged out of ky wallet and cant copy paste my address or otherwise do not have access to it and I want to give my inputs account to someone to pay me. how about instead of 1v.io/Mooshire redirecting to whatever it gives them an address that they fan send to, the default receive address of that wallet so that they can still send me coins. Feedback?
vip
👻
The beauty of Bitcoin is that the Blockchain is always decentralized Smiley

People have the freedom of choosing how they interact with Bitcoin, and some centralized services may outweigh the negatives of centralization.
Can you make it so that I am logged out every time I close the tab?
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Peerbet now supports Inputs Smiley

Didn't Giantdragon implement that a while ago? DBC also supports it.
vip
👻
Peerbet now supports Inputs Smiley
vip
👻
My qt wallet was stolen today, but that only had 0.001 on it.. my inputs wallet wasn't. I already reformatted and changed my passwords, is there anything else I should do?

Ouch, sorry to hear that! I suggest looking if you have any unrecognized signed in sessions to be sure: https://inputs.io/sessions
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
My qt wallet was stolen today, but that only had 0.001 on it.. my inputs wallet wasn't. I already reformatted and changed my passwords, is there anything else I should do?
vip
👻
I noticed that the Button JavaScript adds a load() function to the global namespace. Could you please put this in a separate namespace (like InputsIO.load)?

Also what will you do to scammers using your service? Will you freeze/delete their accounts or will you not care (like the blockchain doesn't care) which I think you should do.
Done. The function is now in a separate namespace.

The password length indicator has also been changed to be less confusing. Some users had the impression that the maximum password length was 10 characters, instead of that being the minimum.

Regarding our policies on scammers:

1) Unlike some shared wallet service, we don't freeze/lock/'chargeback' bitcoins because of claims of scamming. Bitcoins sent are irreversible.

2) Unlike some hybrid wallet service, we don't disclose personal information because of claims of scamming either, unless we're authorized to do so under the privacy policy.

This doesn't mean we support scammers, but it's not our job to police.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I noticed that the Button JavaScript adds a load() function to the global namespace. Could you please put this in a separate namespace (like InputsIO.load)?

Also what will you do to scammers using your service? Will you freeze/delete their accounts or will you not care (like the blockchain doesn't care) which I think you should do.
vip
👻
TF, do you think you could add the sweep feature to the receive page?

It's at the bottom of every page.

I meant put the actual input box there with the rest of the redeem voucher code and new address boxes.
Done, linked it in the Receive tab Smiley

I meant put the actual input box there with the rest of the redeem voucher code and new address boxes.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

legendary
Yup, understood.
What I ended up sometimes doing was I grabbed the Bitcoin-QT client with the Coin Control mod by cozz, and used it to manually select the inputs. Because in the other client I use, blockchain.info's wallet, when you have 1 large unspent output, and a few hundred unspent outputs, and you want to send a transaction that uses the 1 large unspent output and a handful of the small unspent outputs as inputs, it'll try to include ALL the other small unspent outputs in the transaction too. No idea why Tongue

Transactions always send the oldest coins first, unless manually told otherwise. Older transactions have higher priority, so that's why it works like this. The "age" is based on the average, so if you have a ton of year old dust transactions and one brand new 1 BTC transaction and you send all of them at once, your "age" is very small since the latest transaction is factored in. Ex:

You got 1 BTC a week ago. Age = 7 days.
You got 1 BTC today. Age = 0 days.
You send a 2 BTC transaction. Your coin age is 3.5 days.

On the other hand...

You got 6 BTC today. Age = 0 days.
You send 7 BTC in a transaction. Age = 1 day.

Yeah, I knew that Tongue That's why using Coin Control, I can send my large unspent output (roughly BTC1) with a handful (maybe 10) small unspent outputs.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
Yup, understood.
What I ended up sometimes doing was I grabbed the Bitcoin-QT client with the Coin Control mod by cozz, and used it to manually select the inputs. Because in the other client I use, blockchain.info's wallet, when you have 1 large unspent output, and a few hundred unspent outputs, and you want to send a transaction that uses the 1 large unspent output and a handful of the small unspent outputs as inputs, it'll try to include ALL the other small unspent outputs in the transaction too. No idea why Tongue

Transactions always send the oldest coins first, unless manually told otherwise. Older transactions have higher priority, so that's why it works like this. The "age" is based on the average, so if you have a ton of year old dust transactions and one brand new 1 BTC transaction and you send all of them at once, your "age" is very small since the latest transaction is factored in. Ex:

You got 1 BTC today. Age = 0 days.
You send a 2 BTC transaction. Your coin age is 3.5 days.

On the other hand...

You got 6 BTC today. Age = 0 days.
You send 7 BTC in a transaction. Age = 1 day.
legendary
I just tried this and nothing happens (with many outputs).

Private key 5KJvsngHeMpm884wtkJNzQGaCErckhHJBGFsvd3VyK5qMZXj3hS

Isn't that the "correct horse battery staple" brain wallet?

Yes, and is has MANY unspent dust outputs.

LOL, I'm trying to sweep it too XD

The trick here is to do this:

Have at least 0.01 BTC you can use (the more you have, the better). Send it to the wallet where you are getting tons of dust at.
Every 60 transactions or so (you can do this at as few as you want, but 60 should be fine) send the entire balance to a new address. This will consolidate your dust, and because the total amount of output will be above 0.01 BTC, you can do it without a fee.

You can do this as often as you need and it will allow you to avoid any types of fees. Having more than 0.01 BTC is helpful because it increases your "priority" on the network, but 0.01 is fine as well. Based on my own trials, when I do this with 60 or so transactions and zero fees it will take around 12 hours or so to get confirmed, but that's not an issue since all I am doing is compacting dust anyways.

With how many unspent you have, this may not work as well. The best plan is to utilize this method from the get-go.

Don't worry, I'm used to doing this XD But I heard somewhere that if you're not going to be using your Bitcoins for a while, then you might as well let the dust rest there for a while and wait for the priority to build so that whenever you actually have to use your Bitcoins, you can just consolidate them into one no-fee but high-priority transaction.

You will always pay a fee if the transaction size is above 10kb, regardless of how much you are sending or how old the funds are. That is what you want to avoid (and is why I made my suggestion -- it ensures that you are keeping your transactions small enough to fit below the 10k threshold). If you have 11kb worth of transactions (I think this is around 80?), even if every input was for 100k BTC and you were outputting a single transaction of 8 million BTC, you would be forced to pay the fee because of the transaction size.

Yup, understood.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
I just tried this and nothing happens (with many outputs).

Private key 5KJvsngHeMpm884wtkJNzQGaCErckhHJBGFsvd3VyK5qMZXj3hS

Isn't that the "correct horse battery staple" brain wallet?

Yes, and is has MANY unspent dust outputs.

LOL, I'm trying to sweep it too XD

The trick here is to do this:

Have at least 0.01 BTC you can use (the more you have, the better). Send it to the wallet where you are getting tons of dust at.
Every 60 transactions or so (you can do this at as few as you want, but 60 should be fine) send the entire balance to a new address. This will consolidate your dust, and because the total amount of output will be above 0.01 BTC, you can do it without a fee.

You can do this as often as you need and it will allow you to avoid any types of fees. Having more than 0.01 BTC is helpful because it increases your "priority" on the network, but 0.01 is fine as well. Based on my own trials, when I do this with 60 or so transactions and zero fees it will take around 12 hours or so to get confirmed, but that's not an issue since all I am doing is compacting dust anyways.

With how many unspent you have, this may not work as well. The best plan is to utilize this method from the get-go.

Don't worry, I'm used to doing this XD But I heard somewhere that if you're not going to be using your Bitcoins for a while, then you might as well let the dust rest there for a while and wait for the priority to build so that whenever you actually have to use your Bitcoins, you can just consolidate them into one no-fee but high-priority transaction.

You will always pay a fee if the transaction size is above 10kb, regardless of how much you are sending or how old the funds are. That is what you want to avoid (and is why I made my suggestion -- it ensures that you are keeping your transactions small enough to fit below the 10k threshold). If you have 11kb worth of transactions (I think this is around 80?), even if every input was for 100k BTC and you were outputting a single transaction of 8 million BTC, you would be forced to pay the fee because of the transaction size.
Pages:
Jump to: