Pages:
Author

Topic: Inputs.io | Instant Payments, Offchain API, Secure Wallet, 235k+ BTC transferred - page 58. (Read 158131 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Why do you mean by "no fee"? It seems that you have to pay fee, if you don't send to an Inputs.io address.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002
BTT: do you plan on adding a function to add a private key, like it's possible on blockchain.info, or do you see some security issues?

We'll do sweeping which is safer. There has recently been a pretty high profile case where a bunch of people using Blockchain.info lost bitcoins because they imported a contest private key or something, and blockchain.info was add private key happy.

Anyway, posting IP and such of the user is no different than this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mt-gox-account-hacked-2188-btc-stolen-have-ip-and-btc-address-254920 - they are technical details, not personal details.

I normally do sweeping and not Direct deposit of private keys. It's safer but there are network fees involved.
Activity: 322
The occasional downtime is a tad bit annoying, but less frequent and your site it great!
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
Cool service but srsly those registration captchas are totally insane.

Agreed, you only need to endure once through Smiley
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Cool service but srsly those registration captchas are totally insane.
vip
👻
We've just helped the Bitcoin dev team fix a critical deadlock bug Smiley
Activity: 375
does inputs.io support instant transactions to coinlenders? instant to cl if email addresses are different?
vip
👻
Fixed issue with adding usernames to your addressbook.
vip
👻
BTT: do you plan on adding a function to add a private key, like it's possible on blockchain.info, or do you see some security issues?

We'll do sweeping which is safer. There has recently been a pretty high profile case where a bunch of people using Blockchain.info lost bitcoins because they imported a contest private key or something, and blockchain.info was add private key happy.

Anyway, posting IP and such of the user is no different than this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mt-gox-account-hacked-2188-btc-stolen-have-ip-and-btc-address-254920 - they are technical details, not personal details.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
meh, we could discuss this over on coinchat, if you want. don't want to start another shitstorm and focus more on the great service.

vip
👻
> posts full dox (password, ip etc) of a user
> talks about privacy

made me laugh IRL.
By user, you mean attacker / someone who is compromising and phishing accounts and DoSing our sites.

If you use a service and attack the/related service maliciously while spreading phishing links to capture people's login details, and extorting people for things you've scammed and expect them not to do something about it.. Roll Eyes it's called protecting our users.

(I also think we have different definition of what dox is. No personal details - things like name, address, etc were posted - we don't collect that - only technical ones used to identify the attacker like IP addresses, related accounts, and password hash. The password hash was relevant because the attacker had a habit of using the same pass on his numerous accounts)
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
Services like Coinbase, BIPS, Coinjar can be great, especially for integration into the banking system, but by selling their soul they can never do what we can do - protect the privacy of our users.

> posts full dox (password, ip etc) of a user
> talks about privacy

made me laugh IRL.
vip
👻
OK, let's keep this thread about Inputs.io and not other services. I don't think BIPS is a scam, but any business that deals with fiat has heavy regulatory and reporting burdens. Inputs is privacy focused, which rules us out from touching fiat (at least directly). I will just say: it is an absolutely horrible idea to use a wallet for transactions tied to your identity for Bitcoin. Let's not think of Bitcoin as another funding method, but why Bitcoin was created.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

(the genesis block of Bitcoin).

Services like Coinbase, BIPS, Coinjar can be great, especially for integration into the banking system, but by selling their soul they can never do what we can do - protect the privacy of our users.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Any chance of adding on chain transaction functionality?

using inputs.io for smaller instant transactions (and the mixing) is great, and then combine that with onchain transactions for larger amounts?

and then an easy way to transfer back and forth...
You can make transactions on the blockchain.

EDIT: If you couldn't, Inputs would be a rock instead Cheesy

So where do you place inputs at in terms of competition to other services such as that MIPS stuff I read about.

Or is MIPS a sham?

Edit: ... Or was it BIPS..
vip
👻

using inputs.io for smaller instant transactions (and the mixing) is great, and then combine that with onchain transactions for larger amounts?

You can make transactions on the blockchain.

EDIT: If you couldn't, Inputs would be a rock instead Cheesy
Activity: 375

Activity: 211
Merit: 100
You are not special.
Thanks. I got an email when the site came up confirming my transaction so that was nice.

I do trust your sites, I'm just very paranoid!
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
The site's back up:

They're not anywhere in particular - they are always been stored in multiple players after been PGP encrypted.

Add a PGP message system for users, on the fly encryption/decryption if possible.
vip
👻
The site's back up:

They're not anywhere in particular - they are always been stored in multiple players after been PGP encrypted.

We're transiting to a new system internally very very soon. (not mtgox or BFL soon Smiley)
Pages:
Jump to: