Pages:
Author

Topic: Introducing CherryPicking - new Windows & Linux Pool Hopper - page 22. (Read 43136 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
ampirebus...what does your settings.cfg look like?
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
Anyone here successfully mining on mainframe? From the start I keep getting update error or pool considered invalid

lately its been happening at polomine too, but polomine has worked for me in the past...

also get it on polmine. it really was lagging for the longest time, but then a new round started today and it still shows it as unreadable
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
i've had that from mainframe for the last 3 days or so, and pol mine just started doing it today too. last time i got that from polmine it went away in a few hours though.
Anyone here successfully mining on mainframe? From the start I keep getting update error or pool considered invalid

lately its been happening at polomine too, but polomine has worked for me in the past...
Activity: 112
If you enable stats export to .csv you can see exactly how many shares you submit and which pools you submit them to. The stale % are currently wrong, divide the values by 100 to get the real ones.
Activity: 100
Btw guys, how do you keep track of your earnings like this? I'm having trouble seeing it I'm making more or less btc with it.
it was a combination of letters and the characters @*`. my best guess is that the @ was the culprit. the error message i was getting: Ignored invalid server entry: ':@api2.bitcoin.cz:8332'. my password contained the @, so maybe it was trying to start reading the web address when in fact it was still part of the password? CP is working great for me now though. thanks for all the work you put in to it.
Weird, those should work. I'll do some testing/debugging.
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
Ya'll can remove bitcoins.lc from your pools.cfg file more for me  Roll Eyes I actually get some of my highest payouts from that pool from CherryPicker.

Welcome to Bitcoins.lc
Wednesday 10 Aug 18:28:40 UTC - Log Out
Account balance
0.39206746 BTC
Estimated earnings
0.38500318 BTC

[from 2 days mining]
it was a combination of letters and the characters @*`. my best guess is that the @ was the culprit. the error message i was getting: Ignored invalid server entry: ':@api2.bitcoin.cz:8332'. my password contained the @, so maybe it was trying to start reading the web address when in fact it was still part of the password? CP is working great for me now though. thanks for all the work you put in to it.
@Bloodred

I've heard some pools like bitcoins.lc and btcguild are using delayed statistics (btw, is there a config for BTCGuild?), how does that affect cherrypicking exactly?
At the moment I recommend not using them. I'll add a way to approximate the real round shares for pools with a known delay, but this can only realistically work for slow-ish pools. For example, if the pool has a 1h delay and it takes less than 1h to get to 43% of diff, then you can't really do much, even if you can approximate that value quite accurately. This happens because by the time the pool lets you know its on a new block the optimal mining window has already passed.

If the pool is slow however you can still mine for a part of the optimal period, you just miss the start.

just a theoretical question: if 100% of all miners use this cherrypicking hopper, then were will be hardly any blocks will complete, correct? because if everyone just jumps into the early rounds of the block and then leaves, then that block in the pool never finishes, and nobody gets any of the rewards. there needs to be at least some honest miners to finish up the job, right?
If 100% of miners used the current version of CP they'd mine all prop pools until 43% and then get stuck on backup pools, which would get a huge hash rate boost. I don't think this will ever happen though.

problem solved. i had some characters in my password that i guess CP doesn't read. changed my password to some regular old alphabet letters and it's working now
Any spaces? All other characters should work. If it was a different character, can you please tell me what it was, in order for me to fix it? (Just the character, I don't need your password or anything like that)
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
just a theoretical question: if 100% of all miners use this cherrypicking hopper, then were will be hardly any blocks will complete, correct? because if everyone just jumps into the early rounds of the block and then leaves, then that block in the pool never finishes, and nobody gets any of the rewards. there needs to be at least some honest miners to finish up the job, right?
You are mostly correct.   Smiley  However, blocks will still be solved, pool hoppers still mine 100% of the time.  
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
@Bloodred

I've heard some pools like bitcoins.lc and btcguild are using delayed statistics (btw, is there a config for BTCGuild?), how does that affect cherrypicking exactly?
Thanks for the heads-up on bitcoins.lc that is useful information to me.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
Activity: 100
@Bloodred

problem solved. i had some characters in my password that i guess CP doesn't read. changed my password to some regular old alphabet letters and it's working now
Code:
Type=SCORE
Host=api2.bitcoin.cz
Port=8332
JSON=http://mining.bitcoin.cz/stats/json/
HashEx1="ghashes_ps":\s*"\d{1,}.\d{1,}
HashEx2=\d{1,}.\d{1,}
SharesEx1="shares":\s*\d{1,}
SharesEx2=\d{1,}
Div=1
Miner=max12345.0 secret
Miner=max12345.0 secret
Miner=max12345.0 secret
that's exactly what i have too. maybe my miner line is wrong

Miner=. ?
Code:
Type=SCORE
Host=api2.bitcoin.cz
Port=8332
JSON=http://mining.bitcoin.cz/stats/json/
HashEx1="ghashes_ps":\s*"\d{1,}.\d{1,}
HashEx2=\d{1,}.\d{1,}
SharesEx1="shares":\s*\d{1,}
SharesEx2=\d{1,}
Div=1

The above works for me.

is there any further step after putting the jssecacerts file in the Java\jre6\lib\security directory or should it just work once it's in there?

should work.
i'm having some trouble with the ssl certificate for slush. i can connect to slush just fine using guiminer so i'm assuming this is a java issue from the log file. all the other pools work fine too. i followed the steps from the post on page 2 for moving the jssecacerts file to Java\jre6\lib\security directory but after that i'm a bit lost. how exactly do i run the InstallCert.jar file. do i open a command window and type java -jar InstallCert.jar hostname? or just double click the InstallCert file? does the InstallCert file need to be in a certain location to begin with or can it stay in the folder i downloaded it in? please point me in the right direction if i'm on the wrong track. here is the log file:

Error occured while trying to communicate or open a connection to https://mining.bitcoin.cz/stats/json/
* sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
* Update error or pool considered invalid (lagging or down)

3) You can just copy the file that I got by running InstallCert myself (link below as well)

Here is the link with the already made jssecacerts file and InstallCert compiled by myself.

http://www.mediafire.com/?y4ayu9fb2gvmh1p

place that file in your Java\jre6\lib\security directory

that's exactly what i did before. i redownloaded and repeated everything just to be sure but i'm still getting the same error.

i should also note that in the slush.cfg file i changed the line, JSON=http://mining.bitcoin.cz/stats/json/ (took out the s after http), and then get a different error:

Ignored invalid server entry: ':@api2.bitcoin.cz:8332'

so is it http or https? and is there any further step after putting the jssecacerts file in the Java\jre6\lib\security directory or should it just work once it's in there?

i'm having some trouble with the ssl certificate for slush. i can connect to slush just fine using guiminer so i'm assuming this is a java issue from the log file. all the other pools work fine too. i followed the steps from the post on page 2 for moving the jssecacerts file to Java\jre6\lib\security directory but after that i'm a bit lost. how exactly do i run the InstallCert.jar file. do i open a command window and type java -jar InstallCert.jar hostname? or just double click the InstallCert file? does the InstallCert file need to be in a certain location to begin with or can it stay in the folder i downloaded it in? please point me in the right direction if i'm on the wrong track. here is the log file:

Error occured while trying to communicate or open a connection to https://mining.bitcoin.cz/stats/json/
* sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
* Update error or pool considered invalid (lagging or down)

3) You can just copy the file that I got by running InstallCert myself (link below as well)

Here is the link with the already made jssecacerts file and InstallCert compiled by myself.

http://www.mediafire.com/?y4ayu9fb2gvmh1p

place that file in your Java\jre6\lib\security directory

Pages:
Jump to: