Pages:
Author

Topic: Introducing CherryPicking - new Windows & Linux Pool Hopper - page 23. (Read 43136 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
i'm having some trouble with the ssl certificate for slush. i can connect to slush just fine using guiminer so i'm assuming this is a java issue from the log file. all the other pools work fine too. i followed the steps from the post on page 2 for moving the jssecacerts file to Java\jre6\lib\security directory but after that i'm a bit lost. how exactly do i run the InstallCert.jar file. do i open a command window and type java -jar InstallCert.jar hostname? or just double click the InstallCert file? does the InstallCert file need to be in a certain location to begin with or can it stay in the folder i downloaded it in? please point me in the right direction if i'm on the wrong track. here is the log file:

Error occured while trying to communicate or open a connection to https://mining.bitcoin.cz/stats/json/
* sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
* Update error or pool considered invalid (lagging or down)

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

from the official cfg package #s
I am using the following pools: (its easier than typing them all)
0-2,4-21,24-26

STATIC_FAST in settings.cfg
(so every pool except #3, 22,and23.) Feel free to keep them all in there, i just removed them for personal preference and because i was having communication problems with them sometimes

So you are using score based pools too?

yes. a few times the bot has jumped into slush for a 1-10 minute round and stayed until the block was found  which means a good payout. a few times it jumps in and then leaves a long round and gets nothing.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
They should all have the correct payment type in the cfgs, if not I've made a mistake.

You should choose as many Prop pools as possible and have a few backups as well. Please ignore any .cfg with the pool type 'SMPPS' or 'PPS' for the time being, those are for the next version that I'm currently testing, but since I've already written the .cfgs I've uploaded those too. Actually, you can use PPS pools, just switch them to BACKUP (change Type=PPS to Type=BACKUP) and they'll work in 0.6.3

what about type=score
Activity: 100

0-2,4-21,24-26

(so every pool except #3, 22,and23.) Feel free to keep them all in there, i just removed them for personal preference and because i was having communication problems with them sometimes

So you are using score based pools too?
Yes, you need to add the Miner entries yourself.

Cool, thanks for letting me know, I know it sounded a stupid question but I was wondering if maybe those pools had some unusual login, like Eligius. Anyways, awesome job you are doing man,  both in the software and helping users out here, I'm happy I bought your app Smiley

@ampirebus

Holy crap, that's a LOT! How many/wich pools are you using and what are your current settings?

0-2,4-21,24-26

Cool, thanks for letting me know, I know it sounded a stupid question but I was wondering if maybe those pools had some unusual login, like Eligius. Anyways, awesome job you are doing man,  both in the software and helping users out here, I'm happy I bought your app

+1

Cool, thanks for letting me know, I know it sounded a stupid question but I was wondering if maybe those pools had some unusual login, like Eligius. Anyways, awesome job you are doing man,  both in the software and helping users out here, I'm happy I bought your app Smiley

@ampirebus

Holy crap, that's a LOT! How many/wich pools are you using and what are your current settings?
somehow in the past 24 hours i have got .97 BTC out of 540 mhash !! with cherry picker. what a day
Activity: 112

whats the deal here? i suggest everyone using cherrypicker check their accoutns as if i was banned so were you probably

Bitcoin Pool is weird, they like to ban ppl randomly and they keep your coins, I advise you not to use it.

Also, there are a lot of pool cfg files that don't have the "Miner" option, should I just add it? Btw, I'd like to know from you guys if you people had better results using STATIC_FAST or NORMAL algorithms, I'm currently testing STATIC_FAST,  and UpdateTime 300
Activity: 84

i set my donation % at bitcoinpool to be 2% and i still got banned...

whats the deal here? i suggest everyone using cherrypicker check their accoutns as if i was banned so were you probably

Donating 1% and don't think I am banned.
I was going to suggest bitcoinpool but after reading their TOS I found then too much of and anal retentive control freeks.  Wink  They will freeze your account if there is no activity in a 28 day period, they will freeze your account if you are not "efficient", they will freeze your account if they feel like it  Wink

Donating to the pool ameliorates this problem:
http://www.bitcoinpool.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=103&p=2449&hilit=donate#p2449

i set my donation % at bitcoinpool to be 2% and i still got banned...

I've removed 22BTCPOOL24 and  23BTCWorld because they are making me lose a lot of potential income . If you've kept them in your pools.cfg cycle and you're getting efficient returns let me know, otherwise be warned.
Probably something wrong with the pool, that is a poclbm error message.

As for the certificates, make sure the file is in the right place and if that doesn't solve it try making a clean JRE install. The certificates themselves are there since other people use the same files and they work. I can't replicate this issue on any of my computers so it's difficult to pinpoint a cause.

Also noticed a bug in 0.6.4: the stale percentage is wrong, divide it by 100 to get the real value. For example, if you get 120% stales the real value is 1.2% stales.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I'm getting a number of "[Miner0] pool.unitedminers.com:8332 upstream RPC error" I checked the config file and the port is correct so I'm not sure why the errors keep popping up. Also, any progress on resolving the problem with the security certificates? I still have a few pools down because of that issue.
I could try to do something like that.
when running phoenix, the bottom line in the window shows the stats. I could always see my hashrate for the miner and accepted rejected, its there permantly. I think this is a cool feature.
I don't know if that would be able to help in this endeavor, I've only quickly checked it out but communicating the API tokens to that website looks just about the same as logging in to the pools themselves. It's definitely using cookies/sessions since it remembers the settings you have.
I did not mean to imply that you should make any effort to integrate btc-poolwatch.com into your product.  It is easy enough for us to enter our API's one time there and then use the web site to track our balances, etc. of our pools.
I did not mean that. What I mean is this: for CP to be able to access your version of btc-poolwatch.com it needs to store some cookies/support a session or something like that so that btc-poolwatch.com can identify you and show your own info. If you configure poolwatch from a browser and then just point CP to the URL, CP won't get the page with your info, it'll get the generic page.

This is basically the same thing that's required in order to log in to a pool's own website, so in the end it doesn't make the task much easier. Sure, now you have 1 web site instead of lots of web sites, but if I already had a framework to use with 1 web site I could just as easily use it for more than one.

Damn it, I forgot to post this in the changelog.
Yes, yes you can.
Just type info and press Enter, I've added it in the latest version. The hash rate displayed is taken from poclbm's own averaging, it will probably be inaccurate right after a pool switch.

would be cool if this info could appear exery x seconds...
Sure, that isn't a problem, I can make the next version do that. Once with each pool update or at a different interval?
Damn it, I forgot to post this in the changelog.
Yes, yes you can.
Just type info and press Enter, I've added it in the latest version. The hash rate displayed is taken from poclbm's own averaging, it will probably be inaccurate right after a pool switch.

would be cool if this info could appear exery x seconds...
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I don't know if that would be able to help in this endeavor, I've only quickly checked it out but communicating the API tokens to that website looks just about the same as logging in to the pools themselves. It's definitely using cookies/sessions since it remembers the settings you have.
I did not mean to imply that you should make any effort to integrate btc-poolwatch.com into your product.  It is easy enough for us to enter our API's one time there and then use the web site to track our balances, etc. of our pools.
Pages:
Jump to: