Pages:
Author

Topic: Introducing CherryPicking - new Windows & Linux Pool Hopper - page 26. (Read 43136 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

The more pools you sue the better.  You want to catch every fast block no matter where it is.  I am sure there is probably a limit,  but I would say add as many as you are comfortable with.  

Thanks for this info, also, one more question, should I use only PROP pools or PPLS too? I've read somewhere to not use SCORE pools untill next update because that will hurt your income.

I would stick with PROP pools for hopping and PPS pools like arsbitcoin for backup.
Activity: 100

The more pools you sue the better.  You want to catch every fast block no matter where it is.  I am sure there is probably a limit,  but I would say add as many as you are comfortable with.  

Thanks for this info, also, one more question, should I use only PROP pools or PPLS too? I've read somewhere to not use SCORE pools untill next update because that will hurt your income.
I got everything running, but at the start i am getting:

Code:
attempting to parse .cfg
cannot fing .cfg
ignoring pool

I am also getting the error

Code:
arsbitcoin.com:8344 Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC 0 2

sometimes it connects...but mostly not.

The first problem is because at the end of the pools.cfg there is an empty line, so cherrypickers is literally looking for a cfg file for " ".  Delete the line and that will go away.  The second problem is just something the latest poclbm does for some reason.  I haven't had connection issues though.

I've got all the first 14 pools running on my bot (before you updated all the new cfg files). is that too many or the more the better?

I just bought it too and I'm wondering the exact same thing. Should I use every single pool in the config (aside from the score ones, that is) or should I just pick up a few?

Activity: 100

I've got all the first 14 pools running on my bot (before you updated all the new cfg files). is that too many or the more the better?

I just bought it too and I'm wondering the exact same thing. Should I use every single pool in the config (aside from the score ones, that is) or should I just pick up a few?
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
I got everything running, but at the start i am getting:

Code:
attempting to parse .cfg
cannot fing .cfg
ignoring pool

I am also getting the error

Code:
arsbitcoin.com:8344 Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC 0 2

sometimes it connects...but mostly not.
Activity: 893
Merit: 250
Previous problems with software solved new issue is with mt red pool. It tells me security problems.  Which I then installed the certificates from the link in the java security folder and still not connecting.  Any other ideas.  Any help is appreciated.
I just purchased the program today and started loading in my pools.  When I change the files to use the poclbm.exe the program has issues connecting.  When I change it to use the guiminer interface it starts up the interface but won't start the pool it only tells me where is the most efficient.

Are you trying to use cherrypicker with guiminer?

You need to use this:

http://github.com/downloads/m0mchil/poclbm/poclbm_py2exe_20110709.7z

^^WARNING, THAT IS A DIRECT LINK^^

extract that to a folder.  Then go to your cherrypicker cfg folder and open up poclbm.cfg and fill in all of the details and it should work.

Thank you.  Appears to be working now.  Wish it did work with guiminer.  The interface is a little nicer.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
agreed. bitcoinpool sucks. I've 75% eff there. lots of those IO error message.
Maybe they are the bitclockers of CherryPicking. Though I suspect they just suck universally.

Wow does bitcoinpool suck.  They are the ONLY pool giving me errors in poclbm.  I was getting errors once a minute saying:

"Long Poll: IO error"
and then
"LP connected to bitcoinpool.com:8334"

Was cutting down on expected payout by 20%.

Thankfully ozco.in solved their block so I can stop mining at that crappy pool.
I just purchased the program today and started loading in my pools.  When I change the files to use the poclbm.exe the program has issues connecting.  When I change it to use the guiminer interface it starts up the interface but won't start the pool it only tells me where is the most efficient.

Are you trying to use cherrypicker with guiminer?

You need to use this:

http://github.com/downloads/m0mchil/poclbm/poclbm_py2exe_20110709.7z

^^WARNING, THAT IS A DIRECT LINK^^

extract that to a folder.  Then go to your cherrypicker cfg folder and open up poclbm.cfg and fill in all of the details and it should work.
I just purchased the program today and started loading in my pools.  When I change the files to use the poclbm.exe the program has issues connecting.  When I change it to use the guiminer interface it starts up the interface but won't start the pool it only tells me where is the most efficient.

i cant read it cause im not registered  Sad

I actually didn't think to check . . . that place.  I was talking about in the main bithopper thread here.  Start from here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.437934
Activity: 672
You are doing some awesome work here Bloodred.

Indeed, today has been my single biggest income day to date (thanks primarily to BitClockers solving 4 blocks and 2 of those at < 43%). I will have to be taking a look this week at flower's poclbm mod since it provides the bithopper web UI for monitoring and bitclockers support. All this development is exciting and your cherry picker is pushing other projects forward.

Now if you would just open source it Smiley

Yep.  Bitclockers made me a TON today.  The thing I am watching is this LP hopping they are investigating over in the bithopper thread.  c00w is working on hopping deepbit, which I think may be VERY profitable. 

i cant read it cause im not registered  Sad

Indeed, today has been my single biggest income day to date (thanks primarily to BitClockers solving 4 blocks and 2 of those at < 43%). I will have to be taking a look this week at flower's poclbm mod since it provides the bithopper web UI for monitoring and bitclockers support. All this development is exciting and your cherry picker is pushing other projects forward.

Yep.  Bitclockers made me a TON today.  The thing I am watching is this LP hopping they are investigating over in the bithopper thread.  c00w is working on hopping deepbit, which I think may be VERY profitable. 

I just install your hopper, configure it and run. Why did he not hop in backup pool arsbitcoin?
log from console: http://pastebin.com/emNHMcGK
Or this is normal?

Compare lines 25 and 87 for your answer (smaller is better).
Activity: 112
Yeah, I'll definitely be improving it, starting with the Score profile which will be changed to the suggested mining very early in a round. I'm also working on making it more likely to jump to faster pools rather than slow ones (this will theoretically decrease income but you don't have to wait that long). You'll be able to choose the hopping algorithm it uses though, the current one or the new, upcoming mode.

I am sure my posts of the slush payouts and not being happy with hopping performance irked you but i am sure reading this post will alleviate that  Roll Eyes I really was worried that this was a bust at first.
Nah, feedback is welcome (and needed) for me to develop a better product, even if it's feedback of stuff not having the expected results. Until I finish the next version I recommend not using the Score and PPLNS profiles, on average they're bad for your income (but you can get lucky hits, especially with Score).

I just install your hopper, configure it and run. Why did he not hop in backup pool arsbitcoin?
There's a typo in the arsbitcoin cfg, the port is wrong. It should be 8344 instead of 8334. You can edit it yourself or download the new archive (updated link in the 2nd post in this topic) and use the fixed cfg. Because of this error it did hop to ars, then saw it couldn't submit shares since the port was wrong and then hopped to a working pool.

Also, this goes for everyone currently using it: I recommend disabling Score pools until the next update because currently hopping them hurts your income
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Or this is normal?
Pages:
Jump to: