Pages:
Author

Topic: Investing all my savings! - page 32. (Read 14329 times)

Activity: 329
Merit: 14
December 15, 2017, 06:17:51 PM
Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I am investing the money at the next dip.
Please post your opinion guys.

Edit: I should mention that this is for a longtherm hold, about 5-10 years

Sorry for my bad english, but I am better reading it than writing it.. :p

When OP opened this thread almost two months ago, no one would have thought that the price of those three cryptos could reach the price level they have now. I do not know if this fellow followed his plans and really invested in the way he had planned, because if so, today he would have earned 300% in bitcoin, 250% in ethereum and 600% in litecoin.
Activity: 115
Merit: 15
December 15, 2017, 06:15:25 PM
According my study and research do not invest all and it is also sayings that do not put all eggs in a box,it mean if you invest all at on place and you are going to decline will loose all money there should be diversification if you losing from one place another place will be save.
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
December 15, 2017, 05:20:00 PM
i will not suggest you to do that,don't put all  your eggs in one basket. We cannot predict what will gonna happen in the next few days or years.Especially this time,it's not advisable to invest with bitcoin,it's too risky as the value is way too high.

I'm not that brave to invest my all money in bitcoin or any other coin. This is a risky decission honestly. If I have free capital, I would provide 30% of it to make my investment only.
Activity: 630
Merit: 10
December 15, 2017, 05:14:42 PM
Hey, topicstarter, how is your savings? Btc , Eth and litecoin have incresed in price so much. Have you cash out or will be waiting next 5 years?
Activity: 476
December 15, 2017, 02:47:48 PM
That is the spirit , just share them  as you have done and buying after a dip is another fantastic strategy.  I like the coins you picked and the % you have allocated to each coin. Good job and good luck.
Activity: 448
December 15, 2017, 02:35:17 PM
Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Thtis is a brave step man, I really hope you will get success, the only detail that would confuse me is the term, I mean your money will be settled the damn 5 years! Many things could happen for 5 years..
P.S. If this is a competition, I won- my english is worse of yours..
Activity: 336
ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018
December 15, 2017, 02:12:11 PM
i will not suggest you to do that,don't put all  your eggs in one basket. We cannot predict what will gonna happen in the next few days or years.Especially this time,it's not advisable to invest with bitcoin,it's too risky as the value is way too high.
Activity: 235
Merit: 250
December 15, 2017, 12:10:31 PM
I think he did it already so he doesn't need avice like this. just ask how much he earn after 1 month create this thread
Activity: 294
Merit: 107
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
December 15, 2017, 12:06:51 PM
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Only invest what you can afford to lose.

It's about what 80% of people have said in this thread but I bet that it was ignored as advice, it is probably the most common of mistakes for people new to investing and then they will complain when they lost all of their money because they didn't manage it properly or they got scared and made mistakes.
Activity: 182
December 15, 2017, 11:56:52 AM
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Only invest what you can afford to lose.
Activity: 198
December 15, 2017, 11:16:01 AM
it's not advisable to invest everything in one investment.. like what all the businessman said... don't put all your eggs in one basket.. much better to diversify and explore posibilities.

If someone is new in trading maybe this scenario will happen. They will invest all their money in one investment which they think will make them rich but it's a wrong move. You just need to put half of your money and before they start investing they need to learn everything or the basic of trading so they won't regret it blame others for their mistake.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
December 15, 2017, 11:06:47 AM
I will not recommend to instantly invest all your savings, use common sense, if you don't know how to trade you can easily loose you investment easily, if you are planning to do that be a experienced trader or start small.
NEVER go all in ever in something, whatever that is. Use maximum 30%-40% of your savings. It is the first rule of economics. Your idea of investing in cryptos is correct and many encourage it but put only a certain amount in it. Diversity in your portfolio is absolutely necessary!
Activity: 75
Merit: 1
Changing the world, one project at a time
December 15, 2017, 10:23:41 AM
I am also investing all the savings I have in bitcoin and crypto.

Can you do a breakdown like OP and show the performance? I'd love to see the results
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
December 15, 2017, 10:15:56 AM
I am also investing all the savings I have in bitcoin and crypto.
Activity: 70
December 15, 2017, 10:01:59 AM
I will not recommend to instantly invest all your savings, use common sense, if you don't know how to trade you can easily loose you investment easily, if you are planning to do that be a experienced trader or start small.
The ratio how you've split the funds among cryptocurrencies is good. Still I wouldn't invest all my saving in anything not just in cryptocurrencies. No matter how the situation is looking good and attractive and the price is high this can change and will change at some point so it's too risky to spend all your saving. Reconsider your decision one more time and maybe consult somebody that is maybe more experienced with cryptocurrency investing.
Activity: 75
Merit: 1
Changing the world, one project at a time
December 15, 2017, 09:19:57 AM
It's also not advisable to consider all cryptos the same basket. The OP clearly understands the differences and is putting his money in crypto. How many people put all their eggs in one basket with fiat? OP at least even has savings! He's a lot farther ahead and I think we should sit back and watch how it plays out rather than critique based on old sayings.
Activity: 84
AQGmvEGdwBDWpNmH23337qRVEdqj7wduzj
December 15, 2017, 08:03:53 AM
it's not advisable to invest everything in one investment.. like what all the businessman said... don't put all your eggs in one basket.. much better to diversify and explore posibilities.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
December 15, 2017, 07:52:01 AM
Activity: 112
December 15, 2017, 07:30:29 AM
In my own opinion it is hard to manage three split  kinds of coins. But it is up for your own decision if you have enough skill in trading you can do that. But for me it is better to start in small things for you to have preparation. That is very risky to turn all you savings into investment. But I appreciate your desire to put investment in this digital currency.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
December 15, 2017, 07:09:32 AM
For me, investing all your savings to 3 cryptocurrencies you have mentioned is not really good idea. Why? because you cannot say what will happen the following days or months if the prices will either go up or down. It is very risky and the rates are flactuating. Also, what if something emergency that might happen in few days or months with your own personal life. Be proactive about uncertainties.
Yes it was a not good idea, why you should place all your savings in cryptocurrency while investing in only one kind of crypto is already better. Its really or very risky to put all your savings in crypto because of its fluctuating state of exchange currency. You could not tell that your return of investment will be enough to what you've been invested. If I were you, I would think many times if my decision would be good or profitable soon.
I think you should properly manage your savings as it is risky to put all your savings in market. It may be a good idea to invest 40% to 50% of your savings initially. It is very important to monitor the market before investment. Successful traders do proper home work before investment in order to avoid any loss. If you are getting profit as per your thinking then you may think about the remaining amount.
Pages:
Jump to: