Author

Topic: I/O Coin - Ticker: IOC - Stealth Blockchain Ecosystem - Dions - Chameleon - page 232. (Read 719067 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250
only 1000 blacks left now. so what have you guys got planned for this coin?

with the actual moneysupply "6.2M" it seems that we will only reach a estimated total coins after PoW of "10.5M"
... could that be right?
Total POW blocks will be 12815 - POS Blocks are irrelevant to this number.
The total "blocks" : 9484, showing in the wallet are  a mix of POW and POS blocks as the coin is a Hybrid.

It had been explained previously, we still have 50% of the supply mineable ATM.
So,We probably how many piece of a POW?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Catching this one late, but we'll see what I can mine during the final part of POW
Activity: 153
so when do you expect the mining to end?
Activity: 270
Merit: 150
iOC Development Team

with the actual moneysupply "6.2M" it seems that we will only reach a estimated total coins after PoW of "10.5M"
... could that be right?
The total "blocks" : 9484, showing in the wallet are  a mix of POW and POS blocks as the coin is a Hybrid.

It had been explained previously, we still have 50% of the supply mineable ATM.
Activity: 153
Activity: 224
RTFM ;D
i´m really satisfied with hashharder, works very uncomplicated #thumbsup

i'm just wondering why cryptsy still haven't officially announced the new IOC-Market on their twitter account  Roll Eyes
Activity: 168

Just a update on my mining experience, i switched to minerpools.com when they updated and have been getting good results. Hash rate always shows very close to what i have and also i just made a with drawl and it took no time, less tan 60 seconds, so so far my experience with this pool is really good, nicely designed also.

I have also been trying to buy I/Ocoin on Cryptsy.com  The price is quite steady now and hard to buy under 1k sats.  Good signs that this coin has a good future in the crazy crypto world.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Activity: 565
How many confirms to verify mined coins? im seeing over 600 confirms and coin is still not transaction verified.
120 confirms
Activity: 686
Merit: 503
Hey guys, turbulent night, but let me explain exactly what happened. We had uploaded the updated clients, which actually prevent the coin from forking, but not everyone upgraded, or if people upgraded, they didn’t wipe out their previous block chain, and kept hashing on the old chain.

It seems, that a pool, although upgraded their wallet, they did not remove and refresh their block chain information, and were therefore hashing on the wrong chain. This caused a lot of problems for us, because the pool started re-broadcasting the wrong block chain to people, and this caused a chain effect of bad blockhains being broadcast. This caused a domino effect, as new people who were downloading the client, were saturated with bad block chain information, and then re-distributing it.

Now, in regards to the Hashharder stuff, and the reason we “picked” their chain. First of all, no chain was “picked” as there was no wallet update— we don’t magically get to decide which chain is the official one. The chain that Hashharder was using, was also the same chain that our Seeders were seeding, and all of our machines were using, as well as what was hardcoded in to the client, not to mention the chain was about 6-700 blocks ahead of the other one, and as you know, the longest chain always wins.

We are working today to bring more seed nodes online, and increasing the capacity of our current seed servers as well as seeing what we can do to improve the stability of the coin via wallet updates.

Lead Dev I/O Coin

bs

pools are working and I was mining on hasharder never had an issue, at least devs speak and are making efforts
Activity: 582
Hey guys, turbulent night, but let me explain exactly what happened. We had uploaded the updated clients, which actually prevent the coin from forking, but not everyone upgraded, or if people upgraded, they didn’t wipe out their previous block chain, and kept hashing on the old chain.

It seems, that a pool, although upgraded their wallet, they did not remove and refresh their block chain information, and were therefore hashing on the wrong chain. This caused a lot of problems for us, because the pool started re-broadcasting the wrong block chain to people, and this caused a chain effect of bad blockhains being broadcast. This caused a domino effect, as new people who were downloading the client, were saturated with bad block chain information, and then re-distributing it.

Now, in regards to the Hashharder stuff, and the reason we “picked” their chain. First of all, no chain was “picked” as there was no wallet update— we don’t magically get to decide which chain is the official one. The chain that Hashharder was using, was also the same chain that our Seeders were seeding, and all of our machines were using, as well as what was hardcoded in to the client, not to mention the chain was about 6-700 blocks ahead of the other one, and as you know, the longest chain always wins.

We are working today to bring more seed nodes online, and increasing the capacity of our current seed servers as well as seeing what we can do to improve the stability of the coin via wallet updates.

Lead Dev I/O Coin

bs
Activity: 574
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
All pending payouts have been sent to those who already had their wallet address registered in the old pool: http://io.minerpools.com
There's still a lot of people who still haven't entered their wallet address, please do so in order for me to be able to send your coins.
NOTE: The http://io.minerpools.com has the payouts cron disabled, all you have to do is register your wallet address and your coins will be sent manually.

The new pool http://iocoin.minerpools.com is running wonderfully, join us!
Activity: 582
How many confirms to verify mined coins? im seeing over 600 confirms and coin is still not transaction verified.
Activity: 192
Good morning,

I wanted to inform you that I've setup a new server and it's already running and mining (it's only my rig there but hey), all your accounts were migrated which means all you have to do is change the stratum IP address, workers are added automatically.
New server: http://iocoin.minerpools.com
Stratum for IoCoin: stratum+tcp://192.155.89.136:4116  -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword

Old server is located at http://io.minerpools.com, you won't be able to mine or withdraw funds there anymore but I urge you to enter your wallet address in order for me to send your funds directly.

Dev, please update the OP with the new pool, tx

Thanks for the update.
Activity: 504
... could that be right?

It doesn't look like you're right. According to https://github.com/IOCoin/iocoin/blob/c455c69964849a03189deb50de79b7c099c4efae/src/main.h

The last block that will be POW mined is 12815, no matter what origin the prior blocks are.

It looks like the coin will have just about 8M total supply at the end of PoW. It's possible I'm wrong, but I looked over the source when you launched. Looks neat! Essentially a BC POS 2.0/VRC hybrid but with an interest rate that will never go above 2.8%-- probably closer to 2.3%.

https://github.com/IOCoin/iocoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L2262,L2270
It’s based on the POW height only, not POS block height

Ah, interesting. Thanks for the pointer in the code. I guess you're using the SuperCoin PoW block counting technique? (You forgot to change the comments in the code)
Activity: 270
Merit: 150
iOC Development Team
... could that be right?

It doesn't look like you're right. According to https://github.com/IOCoin/iocoin/blob/c455c69964849a03189deb50de79b7c099c4efae/src/main.h

The last block that will be POW mined is 12815, no matter what origin the prior blocks are.

It looks like the coin will have just about 8M total supply at the end of PoW. It's possible I'm wrong, but I looked over the source when you launched. Looks neat! Essentially a BC POS 2.0/VRC hybrid but with an interest rate that will never go above 2.8%-- probably closer to 2.3%.

https://github.com/IOCoin/iocoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L2262,L2270
It’s based on the POW height only, not POS block height
Activity: 504
... could that be right?

Activity: 336
DLISK - Next Generation Coin
Activity: 292
... could that be right?

so we are only about 2/5 through POW...which means its likely POW will continue until about saturday? thats good though..gives more people a chance to mine
Activity: 224
RTFM ;D

ok thx....

maybe you should change the Subject to something like "....[I/O Coin] .... LIVE ON CRYPTSY"  Wink
Jump to: