Author

Topic: I/O Coin - Ticker: IOC - Stealth Blockchain Ecosystem - Dions - Chameleon - page 233. (Read 719067 times)

Activity: 270
Merit: 150
iOC Development Team
with the actual moneysupply "6.2M" it seems that we will only reach a estimated total coins after PoW of "10.5M"
... could that be right?
Total POW blocks will be 12815 - POS Blocks are irrelevant to this number.
The total "blocks" : 9484, showing in the wallet are  a mix of POW and POS blocks as the coin is a Hybrid.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
RTFM ;D
with the actual moneysupply "6.2M" it seems that we will only reach a estimated total coins after PoW of "10.5M"
... could that be right?
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Hey guys, turbulent night, but let me explain exactly what happened. We had uploaded the updated clients, which actually prevent the coin from forking, but not everyone upgraded, or if people upgraded, they didn’t wipe out their previous block chain, and kept hashing on the old chain.

It seems, that a pool, although upgraded their wallet, they did not remove and refresh their block chain information, and were therefore hashing on the wrong chain. This caused a lot of problems for us, because the pool started re-broadcasting the wrong block chain to people, and this caused a chain effect of bad blockhains being broadcast. This caused a domino effect, as new people who were downloading the client, were saturated with bad block chain information, and then re-distributing it.

Now, in regards to the Hashharder stuff, and the reason we “picked” their chain. First of all, no chain was “picked” as there was no wallet update— we don’t magically get to decide which chain is the official one. The chain that Hashharder was using, was also the same chain that our Seeders were seeding, and all of our machines were using, as well as what was hardcoded in to the client, not to mention the chain was about 6-700 blocks ahead of the other one, and as you know, the longest chain always wins.

We are working today to bring more seed nodes online, and increasing the capacity of our current seed servers as well as seeing what we can do to improve the stability of the coin via wallet updates.

Lead Dev I/O Coin

That actually makes sense. Thank you for the explanation.
Activity: 270
Merit: 150
iOC Development Team
Hey guys, turbulent night, but let me explain exactly what happened. We had uploaded the updated clients, which actually prevent the coin from forking, but not everyone upgraded, or if people upgraded, they didn’t wipe out their previous block chain, and kept hashing on the old chain.

It seems, that a pool, although upgraded their wallet, they did not remove and refresh their block chain information, and were therefore hashing on the wrong chain. This caused a lot of problems for us, because the pool started re-broadcasting the wrong block chain to people, and this caused a chain effect of bad blockhains being broadcast. This caused a domino effect, as new people who were downloading the client, were saturated with bad block chain information, and then re-distributing it.

Now, in regards to the Hashharder stuff, and the reason we “picked” their chain. First of all, no chain was “picked” as there was no wallet update— we don’t magically get to decide which chain is the official one. The chain that Hashharder was using, was also the same chain that our Seeders were seeding, and all of our machines were using, as well as what was hardcoded in to the client, not to mention the chain was about 6-700 blocks ahead of the other one, and as you know, the longest chain always wins.

We are working today to bring more seed nodes online, and increasing the capacity of our current seed servers as well as seeing what we can do to improve the stability of the coin via wallet updates.

Lead Dev I/O Coin
Activity: 168
Good morning,

I wanted to inform you that I've setup a new server and it's already running and mining (it's only my rig there but hey), all your accounts were migrated which means all you have to do is change the stratum IP address, workers are added automatically.
New server: http://iocoin.minerpools.com
Stratum for IoCoin: stratum+tcp://192.155.89.136:4116  -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword

Old server is located at http://io.minerpools.com, you won't be able to mine or withdraw funds there anymore but I urge you to enter your wallet address in order for me to send your funds directly.

Dev, please update the OP with the new pool, tx

Having very good results now from this updated pool, thank you for the update. Hope all goes as well as it is now here.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I lost 50K from pool.mn Angry

Only hashharder is ok I think
There was a fork in the network. Ask the dev why has this happened. Pools didn't cause this fork.
Activity: 292
Merit: 250
yay pools working again!
Not exactly getting a warm welcome on cryptsy is it.
Activity: 565
Merit: 500
Activity: 574
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Good morning,

I wanted to inform you that I've setup a new server and it's already running and mining (it's only my rig there but hey), all your accounts were migrated which means all you have to do is change the stratum IP address, workers are added automatically.
New server: http://iocoin.minerpools.com
Stratum for IoCoin: stratum+tcp://192.155.89.136:4116  -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword

Old server is located at http://io.minerpools.com, you won't be able to mine or withdraw funds there anymore but I urge you to enter your wallet address in order for me to send your funds directly.

Dev, please update the OP with the new pool, tx
Activity: 153
hashharder.com now showing full hash rate and working like a dream! well done guys if your reading this
Im talking with Dedicatedpool , those guys know there shit !

Hashharder knows their stuff even more in my opinion, their whole pool has been coded by themselves.

And afaik, hashrate reporting close to what it is.

Its the only pool that has been stable throughout , damn me and my ideas of switching Sad
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Bitfarms.io

Hashharder knows their stuff even more in my opinion, their whole pool has been coded by themselves.

And afaik, hashrate reporting close to what it is.
Activity: 574
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I can't widrawal i/o coin from http://io.minerpools.com  Angry

Hi Mate, as I mentioned on a previous post, the coin daemon update caused a lot of issues on the DB, and as I can see every other pool was affected in different ways. If you already registered your wallet address then you'll get your coins sent tonight (11pm EST).

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
Some pools are being a bit 'wrong'. 

Hash Harder is showing only 50% of your actual hash rate, but the payouts seem to be for the actual hash rate.
(so it might just show 50% hash rate, but should be getting paid 100%)

Any better now regarding hashrates?
Some pools are being a bit 'wrong'.  

Hash Harder is showing only 50% of your actual hash rate, but the payouts seem to be for the actual hash rate.
(so it might just show 50% hash rate, but should be getting paid 100%)

It would be great if a solid, well known pool like. Dedicatedpool.com  would allow I/Ocoin.

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
So Hashharder is fine - but your hashrates are showing up half of what it should be?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I lost 50K from pool.mn Angry

Only hashharder is ok I think
Jump to: