Pages:
Author

Topic: I/O Coin - Ticker: IOC - Stealth Blockchain Ecosystem - Dions - Chameleon - page 59. (Read 719184 times)

Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Blockchain!!!
Hey all,

Great news.

I/O Digital (I/O Coin) partners with Blockchain Expo for Media / PR coverage.
http://blockchain-expo.com/all-partners/

We will attend as well.

Cheers,

Team I/O Digital

Hi Richard. I was thinking of going to this, as the other coin I like also will be there speaking. 

Who will be there from the ioc team please?

Really happy to hear Ioc will be there, it's a BIG event some huge businesses will be there.

Hi,

I will be traveling to the UK and attend the conference.

We will not be speaking at the event (i did not see Stratis on the speakers menu either, i probably missed it). But we will be featuring with our logo in their communications at the location, tickets etc. Probably another team member / country manager will accompany me there as well.

Cheers
Richard
Activity: 770
Merit: 511
Im the One who Knocks.
Hey all,

Great news.

We will attend as well.

Cheers,

Team I/O Digital

Hi Richard. I was thinking of going to this, as the other coin I like also will be there speaking. 

Who will be there from the ioc team please?

Really happy to hear Ioc will be there, it's a BIG event some huge businesses will be there.
Blockchain!!!
Hey all,

Great news.

We will attend as well.

Cheers,

Team I/O Digital
Activity: 686
Merit: 503
Our focused right now is in laying the groundwork, we are close to release with the proven and tested code that we have. DIONS will have upgrades to its code and all considerations will be taken seriously as we go along.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Joel

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
So you pivoted from being a currency to a storage platform. Ok. What's the cost per kilobyte to store a hash?

Cost currently 0.01 IOC per KB.

That's almost 3x more expensive than FCT and can only get worse if price appreciates. Proof of existence is the low hanging fruit everyone is trying to tackle and I don't see IOC being better positioned better than FCT or some of the ETH companies out there. Someone feel free to jump in and talk about why IOC is different. I might be wrong, but having a decentralized exchange in the roadmap just screams me too! PoE and DEX are proven methods to pump a coin without increasing its actual value or utility. There's already 10+ dexs (with 10 more planned) and all are virtually unusable with a combined daily volume of $5k on good days.
Its easy to make it dynamic through the alias system ive already told joel how to do it and it will make things more scalable through a democratic mechanism
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
So you pivoted from being a currency to a storage platform. Ok. What's the cost per kilobyte to store a hash?

That's almost 3x more expensive than FCT and can only get worse if price appreciates. Proof of existence is the low hanging fruit everyone is trying to tackle and I don't see IOC being better positioned better than FCT or some of the ETH companies out there. Someone feel free to jump in and talk about why IOC is different. I might be wrong, but having a decentralized exchange in the roadmap just screams me too! PoE and DEX are proven methods to pump a coin without increasing its actual value or utility. There's already 10+ dexs (with 10 more planned) and all are virtually unusable with a combined daily volume of $5k on good days.
Activity: 523
Merit: 250
The press day is coming !

I hope to see the info of DIONS  Cheesy

From wan.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I also posted in slack....they've already started taking some positions....is this why price of some alts has been strong in the face of rising btc?

http://www.coindesk.com/a16z-usv-invest-10-million-blockchain-token-trading-polychain-capital/?utm_content=bufferb216e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

For a short while anyway!  Smiley

is the price per kb....for now 0.01 ioc per kb....is that for perpetuity?  price to physical storage may be comparable....but physical storage has a life span and needs to be replaced after a period of time. In theory, the blockchain IO digital will provide will exist for 100-200 years.  Almost zero chance of failure and compared to physical storage...infinite life span. 

I am betting price of coin gets high enough it will have to be adjusted down.
true, assume there has to be some sort of peg...and a formula to convert. peg based on value of ioc, either in terms of btc or usd...also relative to other alternatives.
legendary
Activity: 966

is the price per kb....for now 0.01 ioc per kb....is that for perpetuity?  price to physical storage may be comparable....but physical storage has a life span and needs to be replaced after a period of time. In theory, the blockchain IO digital will provide will exist for 100-200 years.  Almost zero chance of failure and compared to physical storage...infinite life span. 

I am betting price of coin gets high enough it will have to be adjusted down.

legendary

Blockchain!!!

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 686
Merit: 503
legendary
Is that like BTC is worth way more money, why bother?  Keep up what you guys are doing, let other coins do their own thing........ 

To think that everyone else in the game is not going to overlap on ideas or functions is silly.  At this point, there are only so many avenues of advancement. 

More than anything here, I would say that the team for the coin is a greater asset than any of the code.  These guys are persistent, informative, structured and obviously want to be around for a long time.  Priceless.

As these coins develop, I am sure many will merge ideas and functions, as has already happened with some.

No reason more than one team can succeed.

And, it would frankly bother me a lot if these guys constantly came on here and compared coins.  I would think they spent way too much time looking around and not enough on their own issues..........

legendary
like vintage bazaar said,

GREAT OVERVIEW

project is extremely fortunate to have you as Manager.

Activity: 623
Merit: 279
Hope & Positivity are keys to Success
Wow. Amazing overview Richard, Thank you.

Truly outstanding work done by the IOC team, hardest working in crypto with no ICO thats for sure.
Pages:
Jump to: