Pages:
Author

Topic: I/O Coin - Ticker: IOC - Stealth Blockchain Ecosystem - Dions - Chameleon - page 61. (Read 719184 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
So, long term, it would seem that this coin will end up being "stock" for the foundation.  If you guys are wildly successful and start making blockchains for others, then will you use some of the proceeds to fund IOC coin?  No matter what you make the coin do, it would seem that this is the future for the core coin itself.

This is not a bad thing.  I would love to see this become a share of the proceeds of a very successful operation.  Just always trying to figure out why people will want to buy into a coin.  It always seems to come back to speculation about achievements, real or perceived, and/or a coin that creates value for itself. 

In this case, the model creates the value and there will have to be a way to get that value into the core coin.  I like the chances here.  Of all the coins I follow, this one seems the closest to actually creating useful value for itself, other than one or two that have software tied to them, but even they are slanted more toward speculation than actual desired value.  Really think you guys are close to actual value for a coin.

I may be way wrong and the use of the original blockchain will fuel itself to great value.  (One can dream!)  I just see the idea behind the coin as much farther reaching than the original blockchain.  But, that is still alright.

Very good issue to have.

not sure if its like stock , i think it more like the token you need to pay with to access the ioc blockchain. stakers provide the backbone for the chain to operate and therefore earn compensation in the form of fees plus the inflation that is built into pos

My point is that there is much more revenue potential from companies or entities wanting the technology than there is from this pool of ppl on exchanges buying into this coin.  That is where potential value is and will come from for the foundation.  The question is how does that revenue feed into this coin.  But, one step at a time for now.
Activity: 840
So, long term, it would seem that this coin will end up being "stock" for the foundation.  If you guys are wildly successful and start making blockchains for others, then will you use some of the proceeds to fund IOC coin?  No matter what you make the coin do, it would seem that this is the future for the core coin itself.

This is not a bad thing.  I would love to see this become a share of the proceeds of a very successful operation.  Just always trying to figure out why people will want to buy into a coin.  It always seems to come back to speculation about achievements, real or perceived, and/or a coin that creates value for itself. 

In this case, the model creates the value and there will have to be a way to get that value into the core coin.  I like the chances here.  Of all the coins I follow, this one seems the closest to actually creating useful value for itself, other than one or two that have software tied to them, but even they are slanted more toward speculation than actual desired value.  Really think you guys are close to actual value for a coin.

I may be way wrong and the use of the original blockchain will fuel itself to great value.  (One can dream!)  I just see the idea behind the coin as much farther reaching than the original blockchain.  But, that is still alright.

Very good issue to have.

not sure if its like stock , i think it more like the token you need to pay with to access the ioc blockchain. stakers provide the backbone for the chain to operate and therefore earn compensation in the form of fees plus the inflation that is built into pos
legendary

Very good issue to have.

Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Blockchain!!!
Are those rewards to stakers from the messages?

Does it cost 0.01 per message?   How does the fee structure work, if you can say.  Thank you.

A message = data.

Data storage costs IOC fees

We have not yet definitely set the amount IOC but for every KB stored you will have to pay IOC.
At this time we are thinking 0.01 IOC per kb.
Fees are redistributed amongst the stakers. Just like the other data fees.
The amount of IOC per KB can change in the future by decision of the foundation

1 byte = 1 character

1024 bytes = 1024 characters.

Hence, a 1 kb text contains 1024 characters

Cheers
Richard
Your sending plain text? Encrypted is usually bigger.  Are you able to do dynamic fees like we do with the sysrates.peg?

You can choose to encrypt your message.
Example is for unencrypted / plain.

We are looking into Dynamic fees if possible.

take a look at how i did sysrates.peg if you want to see how... should be a straight forward port to your system.

heres how i used them to update the price of an offer which is used by an escrow dynamically... you can do the same with fees for your service transactions:
https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin2/blob/dev/src/test/syscoin_escrow_tests.cpp#L240

here is the distributed consensus to check for the dynamic fee for an identity: https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin2/blob/dev/src/alias.cpp#L892

Thanks for the directions. I will pass it on to the development team.

Richard
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
I like this project a lot... Im a friend also! ;-)
legendary
Friends from everywhere when you are about to be successful.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

Does it cost 0.01 per message?   How does the fee structure work, if you can say.  Thank you.

A message = data.

We have not yet definitely set the amount IOC but for every KB stored you will have to pay IOC.

1 byte = 1 character

Cheers
Richard
Your sending plain text? Encrypted is usually bigger.  Are you able to do dynamic fees like we do with the sysrates.peg?

take a look at how i did sysrates.peg if you want to see how... should be a straight forward port to your system.

heres how i used them to update the price of an offer which is used by an escrow dynamically... you can do the same with fees for your service transactions:
https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin2/blob/dev/src/test/syscoin_escrow_tests.cpp#L240

here is the distributed consensus to check for the dynamic fee for an identity: https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin2/blob/dev/src/alias.cpp#L892
Blockchain!!!

A message = data.

1 byte = 1 character

Cheers
Richard

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

A message = data.

1 byte = 1 character

Cheers
Richard
Your sending plain text? Encrypted is usually bigger.  Are you able to do dynamic fees like we do with the sysrates.peg?
Blockchain!!!

A message = data.

1 byte = 1 character

Cheers
Richard
Activity: 623
Merit: 279
Hope & Positivity are keys to Success

Does it cost 0.01 per message?   How does the fee structure work, if you can say.  Thank you.
awesome progress.  thanks for update
Blockchain!!!
DIONS development beta update:

- Decentralized Chat invite -- CHECK
- Distributing message fees amongst stakers -- CHECK
- Chat history in HTML5 wallet -- CHECK

We are making great progress with the DIONS internal BETA testing. DIONS will give businesses and many people the opportunity to have secured decentralized communications and store data for smart contracts, legal documents, copy rights, ownership info etc.

Cheers,

Team I/O Digital
legendary
IO symbols should have a contract between them and they should be shaking hands.
Blockchain!!!
my mission...to make the hardest working team in crypto  the best branded team in crypto

cool! thanks for helping us out in this way and contribute to the brand. Really appreciated. Especially with all the efforts we take every day to make this project a success these kind of community contributions feels really great for me personally and the team as well.

Well done!

Richard
so besides some casual t's ...a more formal embroidered look may be needed on occasion  Smiley

still ironing out some kinks but I'm almost there....sometimes things take longer than anticipated

my mission...to make the hardest working team in crypto  the best branded team in crypto

legendary
I think they can play with it all they want after it is working.  (Should be able to allow customized looks I would think, but let's worry about looks afterwards)
Activity: 910
Merit: 503
The text / messages are on the far right.

Would be much better in the standard position of far left?

I think it's fine the way it is.
Activity: 770
Merit: 511
Im the One who Knocks.
The text / messages are on the far right.

Would be much better in the standard position of far left?
Joel, thanks for the update, looks like its really coming along. cant wait to use new wallet.
security, functionality, DIONS...Thanks for sticking to it.
 Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: