Pages:
Author

Topic: I/O Coin - Ticker: IOC - Stealth Blockchain Ecosystem - Dions - Chameleon - page 65. (Read 719184 times)

Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Blockchain!!!
Thanks for your questions. Let me be clear: first of all we are delivering DIONS.

After that we start with Chameleon. The exact definitions of Chameleon are still to be discussed within the team though the code has been written for a great part. We learn as we code. We learn as we talk to companies and we learn as we speak.

All the above is just hypothetical future usability and not set in concrete. Just setting the expectations into the right order and have the focus on the right project (DIONS) at this time. With these questions we learn what you want and expect from it as well. So definitely its worth sending us the questions. You never know right? ;-)

The soon to be released infographic for DIONS will explain what use cases and technical possibilities are possible.

Last week Dutch media was good for us. This gave the project a lot of attention.
Even the sr. VP Finance of TomTom shared his positive thoughts amongst all his connections. I got contacted by a lot of companies that want to chat about the possibilities and even a political party asked if we could have a chat and present our project and future ideas about Blockchain at universities and their congress. How cool is that.

Development is well underway and we are killing all the bugs we encounter. Along the way we experience stuff we haven't thought of and are implementing some changes as well for usability and security. As you all know we are working in overdrive but do not hurry because we have security and usability in our minds. You have all seen the great screenshots that we have it all working and this is very satisfactory for us. After two years of developing sending and receiving a real decentralized message from wallet to wallet. That is just WOW.
Now paving the way for the next stage of beta which will come anytime soonish.

Thanks for all your patience and believe in our project.

Cheers,
Richard 
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Decentralized exchange, wallet to wallet - thousands of transactions fees (hopefully a day) to run the chain and inject value into the coin.

Buy and sell coins while paying yourself through IOC........

Imagine that, the coin holder getting paid instead of the Exchange owners.  (Sucks for them)

Still cannot wait, I want to see how this gets used for business down the road.  Have a few ideas for myself already.  Will be happy to share thoughts when this is all working.

Edit: Richard, slap me down if I am too far out there with a post, I do not even pretend to fully understand all of this, so I may be throwing thoughts out there that are not realistic.  If that is the case, call me on it.  Not trying to make grand claims or false hopes.  No one out there should make any decisions based on my posts, listen to the experts!

legendary
Decentralized exchange, wallet to wallet - thousands of transactions fees (hopefully a day) to run the chain and inject value into the coin.

Buy and sell coins while paying yourself through IOC........

Imagine that, the coin holder getting paid instead of the Exchange owners.  (Sucks for them)

Still cannot wait, I want to see how this gets used for business down the road.  Have a few ideas for myself already.  Will be happy to share thoughts when this is all working.

legendary
Thanks for taking the time to respond to very in depth questions people post here Richard.
@kb4scv cheers for bringing up these well articulated questions, it makes for a very interesting read.

Rock on folks, following IOC with great interest.

Edit: So if I summarize the above correctly due to chain interoperability people can transfer bitcoin to an IO alias? That means if I register my name people can send bitcoin to a simple address instead of a long string of letters and numbers? That would for sure make widespread crypto adoption a LOT easier.
The fees associated with the alias register would flow back to holders of IO. That kind sirs is indeed brilliant.

Correct. Maybe Joel can add some more explanation of the above features, but this is exactly what we are building here.
DIONS is juts a "coat rack" for all future developments. DIONS is big, but Chameleon will be even bigger.
Chameleon will be the glue between all of this.

Cheers
Richard

Further still, and just want to make sure I have this part correct, the aliases can be transferred?  If that is the case, any coin/chain attached to an alias can be transferred, making the envelope a vehicle for instant transfers?  The foundation for de-centralized exchange of coins and info?  Sounds like it to me, unless I have something wrong here. ( May not understand the mechanism for transferring the alias, but would think it could be instantaneous, unless it worked through the block-chain, though I do not see why it would have to.  )

legendary
Thanks for taking the time to respond to very in depth questions people post here Richard.
@kb4scv cheers for bringing up these well articulated questions, it makes for a very interesting read.

Just love the creativity and advancement of the technology.  

This is the best team hands down that I have run across.  Working towards a goal, willing to answer questions, obviously have passion for what they are doing and, best of all, finding ways to make these coins (chains) valuable in the real world as opposed to pure speculation valuation.

This coin has to be in the running for one with huge potential in the real world...........  (Mostly because the team behind it wants to get it there. Very refreshing in the minefield of coins out there today)

Blockchain!!!

Edit: So if I summarize the above correctly due to chain interoperability people can transfer bitcoin to an IO alias? That means if I register my name people can send bitcoin to a simple address instead of a long string of letters and numbers? That would for sure make widespread crypto adoption a LOT easier.
The fees associated with the alias register would flow back to holders of IO. That kind sirs is indeed brilliant.

Correct. Maybe Joel can add some more explanation of the above features, but this is exactly what we are building here.
DIONS is juts a "coat rack" for all future developments. DIONS is big, but Chameleon will be even bigger.
Chameleon will be the glue between all of this.

Cheers
Richard
Merit: 550

Blockchain!!!
Ok, so if I am reading your roadmap info right, people will be able to assign an alias to another coin through IOC and then be able to transfer that alias to another person?  This would enable instant transactions for any coin someone wanted to use? 

This is why bloat should not be a problem as large amounts of info can be stored in another chain and the alias just transferred to it to pass that info.

If I understood that correctly, it is brilliant.  Solves the problem of having to tie value to an intermediate coin.

Sorry if this has all been discussed before.  Been busy with life and not been able to follow as closely as I would have liked.

You will be able to register an alias on our chain. Connected to an IOC address. You can transfer that alias to another IOC address (you could potentially sell it). This Alias is your ID on the main chain. When a sidechain is connected, this sidechain can "ask" the IOC chain for your alias. It would be feasible that the API will be able to translate your alias across all the connected chains. Other chains could potentially add more info to your ID like the ID of another sidechain. In this way you could have multiple ID's stored at the one IOC chain and the Alias can be used across these chains then.

So the IOC mainchain could connect to sidechain A with your Alias and get the data needed from Sidechain A
In that way there is no need in storing all the data in the IOC mainchain. Interoperability

Theoretically. Brilliant ;-)

Cheers
Richard
legendary
Ok, so if I am reading your roadmap info right, people will be able to assign an alias to another coin through IOC and then be able to transfer that alias to another person?  This would enable instant transactions for any coin someone wanted to use? 

This is why bloat should not be a problem as large amounts of info can be stored in another chain and the alias just transferred to it to pass that info.

If I understood that correctly, it is brilliant.  Solves the problem of having to tie value to an intermediate coin.

Sorry if this has all been discussed before.  Been busy with life and not been able to follow as closely as I would have liked.

legendary
How do you see block-chain making a difference to a large company that has established networks already?

to name a couple......lower cost to operate existing network....also opens networks to already established "trusted" parties and also new non trusted parties....as block chain is a trustless network...bigger network = greater potential.

You guys think enough info, or links to info, can be stored on a block-chain to allow large companies to get rid of costly servers?  That would be a huge plus.

Anyhow, still just guessing at this point.  Let's see where you guys take this.  It will be fun......
Activity: 840
How do you see block-chain making a difference to a large company that has established networks already?

to name a couple......lower cost to operate existing network....also opens networks to already established "trusted" parties and also new non trusted parties....as block chain is a trustless network...bigger network = greater potential.
legendary
Activity: 770
Merit: 511
Im the One who Knocks.
Congratulations Richard  and IOC on the newspaper article!  I dont read Dutch, but i am sure t is a good read.

PS: looking well there!  Good jumper choice!

https://twitter.com/blockchainbros/status/796963206736576512
legendary
So, short term, you are a gateway to the technology.  Long term, hopefully setting up companies/people in the business.

The future seems like it would be somewhere between a backbone for block-chain uses and experts in the business of setting up block-chains for others.

Either way, the potential interest in buying into IOC would seem to be there.

Always trying to decide how people will value coins.  It appears that it always comes down to either a practical use of the coin or the coin as a measure of value in the team behind it.  You probably have tapped into a little of both.  Cannot wait to see value into a coin for a solid legit reason instead of pure speculation!

Blockchain!!!
If you use a side-chain through IOC, how would another chain be maintained?  If the block-chain integrity is dependent upon the chain constantly being updated through either mining or staking, each chain would have to have a mechanism to build the chain constantly, would it not?  Would a chain that was created to store data for a company that only used a few nodes not be any different than a server?  (not criticizing, just wanting to learn)

Would IOC perform that function through the constant transactions on the main chain?

If that is the case, then the buy-in mechanism is the need to purchase an alias and have a wallet operating, correct?

Just asking because in all these coins, there is the constant push and pull of liquidity and scarcity that drives the prices.  Most coins do not end up with a constant driver for money to come into the coin. 

It would seem that you guys are approaching that balance with a real application for the coin.  I am just unsure of how that plays out in the long run, especially if the idea takes off.  Having a little trouble seeing 16 million people buying into the coin, so I do not think you will get to a Bitcoin type price as a buy-in for the service, although that would be great.

Is the idea behind the foundation to have a governing body to make decisions like price point, if this coin does take off like that?  This way a consensus is reached for altering price instead of one or two people controlling it?

I know you are busy, won't be disappointed if this does not get answered.  Just thinking out loud with the intent to learn something new.

Thanks for your hard work and vision, best of luck.

Hi,

Any other chain should be maintained by the 'owner' of that chain. We think that there will be chains all over the world with a specific cause. Like a coca-cola chain for administration purposes for the logistic process for example. If they need to interoperate with the BTC chain, they can use Chameleon. To use Chameleon they would need to pay a small fee in IOC. So they need to buy IOC in order to pay for the service. Coca-cola will need to keep their chain up in a way they want. Maybe by miners all over the world, or they want it rather closed with nodes that they control.

Next to that if businesses that dont have their own chain but want to use messaging, alias and small data storage in our main chain, they need to have IOC to pay for the fees. All fees collected will be redistributed amongst the stakers in the network. Not the team!! Everything flows back to the holders.

How it plays out in the long run? I wish i knew. ;-)

Because the software of Chameleon and the IOC chain will be acting like a "middle man" in the future, we need to make sure companies (like that coca-cola example) trust us. They want to build their services on top of our technology. If we would be a commercial company then a large bank could buy our technology. With that in mind businesses don't like to participate. We are a foundation just because we want to have the trust of those companies. With a foundation there is no external party that can buy us out or buy the technology. They can collaborate with us.
The foundation board is represented with the founders and financers of the I/O Digital project to ensure our thoughts are represented when new people come in as a member for example.

I hope this explains a bit why we have set this up.

Richard
legendary
If you use a side-chain through IOC, how would another chain be maintained?  If the block-chain integrity is dependent upon the chain constantly being updated through either mining or staking, each chain would have to have a mechanism to build the chain constantly, would it not?  Would a chain that was created to store data for a company that only used a few nodes not be any different than a server?  (not criticizing, just wanting to learn)

Would IOC perform that function through the constant transactions on the main chain?

If that is the case, then the buy-in mechanism is the need to purchase an alias and have a wallet operating, correct?

Just asking because in all these coins, there is the constant push and pull of liquidity and scarcity that drives the prices.  Most coins do not end up with a constant driver for money to come into the coin. 

It would seem that you guys are approaching that balance with a real application for the coin.  I am just unsure of how that plays out in the long run, especially if the idea takes off.  Having a little trouble seeing 16 million people buying into the coin, so I do not think you will get to a Bitcoin type price as a buy-in for the service, although that would be great.

Is the idea behind the foundation to have a governing body to make decisions like price point, if this coin does take off like that?  This way a consensus is reached for altering price instead of one or two people controlling it?

I know you are busy, won't be disappointed if this does not get answered.  Just thinking out loud with the intent to learn something new.

Thanks for your hard work and vision, best of luck.

Blockchain!!!
Hi,

We have added a new development update on our website:

http://www.iodigital.io/news/blockchain-messaging-history/

Cheers,

I/O Digital team
Blockchain!!!
Q:  With DioNS  this can be used like how slack chat is used today?

I would not compare it to twitter, as twitter is just a place for people to talk random stuff.

But Slack chat tends to be a place for Businesses, to talk about Business related activities.

So, can you  guys see $IOC DioNS, being used in a similar way Slack Chat is used today, for workers within a business / company being able to communicate easily with each other. 

May be to talk about top secret developments. Or share other information that must be highly guarded.   
Also maybe in the future, the business/company will open the wallet to check on their blockchain and services and then use this communication to do checks on the network

So if this is the case, i would be "selling" DioNS as more of a Slack chat, than Twitter.  Smiley

With Twitter i was just illustrating what could be done. Any service that require are database can be used with blockchain. Just Store (private or open) the data of your service in that chain and get it out again if you need it

Activity: 770
Merit: 511
Im the One who Knocks.
Q:  With DioNS  this can be used like how slack chat is used today?

I would not compare it to twitter, as twitter is just a place for people to talk random stuff.

But Slack chat tends to be a place for Businesses, to talk about Business related activities.

So, can you  guys see $IOC DioNS, being used in a similar way Slack Chat is used today, for workers within a business / company being able to communicate easily with each other. 

May be to talk about top secret developments. Or share other information that must be highly guarded.   
Also maybe in the future, the business/company will open the wallet to check on their blockchain and services and then use this communication to do checks on the network

So if this is the case, i would be "selling" DioNS as more of a Slack chat, than Twitter.  Smiley
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
How do you see revenue coming into the coin?  

Businesses that want to use the block-chain buying into the coin to pay for transactions, or ppl that want to use businesses with the block chain buying into the coin to get goods and services?  Or, both?

I know buying the alias' will be one stream.  Do you guys envision much more than that?

Just curious.  I would think enough businesses buying their alias' would stream revenue into the coin, but the ppl that want to conduct transactions would also need at least a small amount for the back and forth, correct?

I am wondering, because of all these coins that are going to a node system within the coin system, would IOC eventually use the open business wallets as nodes to run the network?  

If the wallet uses an open API to allow programs to interface, could ppl have transactions that are controlled by the business side software and still utilize the coin?  

I am kinda envisioning businesses having to provide a wallet for clients and maybe even providing the transaction fee from their side just so the technology can be used even from ppl on the outside looking in. (which is what we should all want to draw ppl into coins)

Will wait for this all to be launched and see how it works.  Right now, just thinking out loud about what can be done with it. This, to me, is by far the most interesting of the coins out there right now, not just because of the coin and the wallet, but because you guys are consistent and structured, which most are not.

Optimistically watching and waiting!

Edit:  Maybe an option to pay return transaction fee from the business side?  (Again, have to see how this works when you get it out there, I may be way off in guessing here, have not had time to pay full attention to coins for a while)

"Be sure to join our free Slack chat so you have the latest updates first! Go to http://www.iodigital.io/slack  - See you there! #iocoin"
Pages:
Jump to: