Pages:
Author

Topic: IOHK Research and Scorex ARE NOT working with Waves - page 6. (Read 33933 times)

legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002
Until I receive a formal apology from sasha in this thread for calling me delusional and then telling people to Google my history to see how I'm a "bad actor", there is no possibility of collaboration.

My company and its partners will not work with projects or people who personally attack our personnel or management.
Charles I did this because I couldn't really understand your behavior and what you actually wanted. It was in the heat of the moment and I apologize for this.  I have to mention that I know Alex from NXT community since at least a couple years, we've met at a conference, I've been following Scorex and his articles closely at least since October or November last year. It was a very obvious choice for me to build on scorex, since I liked the approach and it would obviously speed up the development. Of course Scorex is not production-ready but no one was going to put it into production immediately.

I know Alex as a member of NXT community and NXT developer, not as an IOHK employee. I can somehow understand your position now but you should also understand mine. Crypto is about cooperation, and I really expect people to cooperate, especially when they seem interested, like you did. So these developments were unexpected for me,  and I made these remarks.   This situation does not do any good to either party.  Please let's finish this and move on to building products.

Thanks Sasha for speaking up! Looking forward to the progress and building of the waves platform. I've been looking for some news and I'm glad that you took the time to give your opinion with regards to IOHK.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
Charles,

So, instead of helping the first project that can put Scorex on the map (in some way, already did) you try and sabotage it. (great business decision)

Why? because of a miscommunication that could have been resolved, many weeks before the ICO launch, but instead, found it neccessary to release the information, right at that time.

You say no IOHK employees will be collaborating "IN ANY CAPACITY", yet according to Sasha, Kushti and maybe a one or two others will be advising.

One of you is wrong and if it's you, then you will have misrepresented the facts (lied), with a clear intent to sabotage the WAVES ICO and its' investors. Do you still maintain this position? Show me I am wrong? I really don't like my money being f*cked with.

If it turns out it is you that's wrong, then you owe us WAVES investors an apology.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
Until I receive a formal apology from sasha in this thread for calling me delusional and then telling people to Google my history to see how I'm a "bad actor", there is no possibility of collaboration.

My company and its partners will not work with projects or people who personally attack our personnel or management.
Charles I did this because I couldn't really understand your behavior and what you actually wanted. It was in the heat of the moment and I apologize for this.  I have to mention that I know Alex from NXT community since at least a couple years, we've met at a conference, I've been following Scorex and his articles closely at least since October or November last year. It was a very obvious choice for me to build on scorex, since I liked the approach and it would obviously speed up the development. Of course Scorex is not production-ready but no one was going to put it into production immediately.

I know Alex as a member of NXT community and NXT developer, not as an IOHK employee. I can somehow understand your position now but you should also understand mine. Crypto is about cooperation, and I really expect people to cooperate, especially when they seem interested, like you did. So these developments were unexpected for me,  and I made these remarks.   This situation does not do any good to either party.  Please let's finish this and move on to building products.

So much drama, now you got your apology. your turn to be a man, Charles.

ride the waves.. Cheesy
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I would suggest you to clone Qora for your project then.
Scorex (which is heavily based on Qora - even on the name) can serve the Waves purposes with asset / asset trading, decentralized trading, crowdfunding etc...everything that Waves promises to deliver.

Cheers

Charles I did this because I couldn't really understand your behavior and what you actually wanted. It was in the heat of the moment and I apologize for this.  I have to mention that I know Alex from NXT community since at least a couple years, we've met at a conference, I've been following Scorex and his articles closely at least since October or November last year. It was a very obvious choice for me to build on scorex, since I liked the approach and it would obviously speed up the development. Of course Scorex is not production-ready but no one was going to put it into production immediately.

I know Alex as a member of NXT community and NXT developer, not as an IOHK employee. I can somehow understand your position now but you should also understand mine. Crypto is about cooperation, and I really expect people to cooperate, especially when they seem interested, like you did. So these developments were unexpected for me,  and I made these remarks.   This situation does not do any good to either party.  Please let's finish this and move on to building products.

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

people who can mend their differences creates respect.  thank you.
Activity: 589
Merit: 507

Charles I did this because I couldn't really understand your behavior and what you actually wanted. It was in the heat of the moment and I apologize for this.  I have to mention that I know Alex from NXT community since at least a couple years, we've met at a conference, I've been following Scorex and his articles closely at least since October or November last year. It was a very obvious choice for me to build on scorex, since I liked the approach and it would obviously speed up the development. Of course Scorex is not production-ready but no one was going to put it into production immediately.

I know Alex as a member of NXT community and NXT developer, not as an IOHK employee. I can somehow understand your position now but you should also understand mine. Crypto is about cooperation, and I really expect people to cooperate, especially when they seem interested, like you did. So these developments were unexpected for me,  and I made these remarks.   This situation does not do any good to either party.  Please let's finish this and move on to building products.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
P.S. You know I am just a 2 hour flight from the Philippines to your HK office. Perhaps we will finally meet this year if we have a reason to or if I just happen to be in HK when you are also there.

Sweet Grin
Dude  Grin
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
Another ad hominem throwing, ostensibly scammer accomplice added to my Ignore list.

Yeah, that's not an irrational response to a GIF pointing out that you're still responding to someone you claim to have on ignore at all.

Their (ICO promotion) signatures always reveal their hatred for the truth I speak about selling ostensibly illegal unregistered investment securities to US investors.

BlueMeanie, that you?

Is that 'FISTBUMP' up the arse of your victims.

You might want to look up the definition for "ad hominem" and apply it to the proper person. (HINT: It's you). Wink

To answer your question, at least I'm going to pretend it's a question ... FISTBUMP is a User Issued Asset created for tipping forum post on the BitShares forum. You can put them where ever you like.

Activity: 798
Merit: 500
P.S. You know I am just a 2 hour flight from the Philippines to your HK office. Perhaps we will finally meet this year if we have a reason to or if I just happen to be in HK when you are also there.

Sweet Grin
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001
180 BPM

So Scorex was declared to be not ready for a production use. Since 1.1.0 modular design is there, so a consensus as well as transactional modules are to be injected into core. Since 1.2.0 only core is to be called Scorex, and our first testnet application running on Permacoin consensus protocol is being called Lagonaki.

But Waves doesn't need anything except of core probably. They will build own transactional and consensus modules. Then it is Waves business to prove those modules are shine like a diamond.

Btw these are the most important parts of this thread and this should close down all the negative vibes of some people.
Activity: 420
Merit: 257
Scorex is a toolkit to rapidly prototype new ideas and models for cryptocurrency development. Iohk's goal is to make scorex a pedagogical framework for universities and researchers to use to both teach students about cryptocurrencies and test new protocols quickly.

We will be making a major presentation in Corfu, Greece and attaching a university partner to the project soon.

Charles good luck with your project. I was amazed to see you (kushti actually) had afaik succeeded in using Scala to make a modular crypto-currency experimentation framework. I immediately suspected it was you when I first of heard of Waves some weeks ago.

Btw, I am (in all likelihood) abandoning Scala and thinking about Rust:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14495386
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14496524

Edit: I think you want to encourage open-source use of Scorex, so I'd lay off the defensiveness about the perceived (unintended, real, or otherwise) personal attacks. I would just stick to saying that you want to encourage open-source adoption and experimentation, but will not allow such uses to claim or imply endorsement by IOHK (by way of mentioning its employees for example) nor to claim or imply that Scorex is offered as a ready for prime-time commercial for-profit code base. Waves afaics (and has been quoted in this thread from their website) clearly misled the investment public and could clear this up by making a definitive disclaimer on their website.
Activity: 279
Several (...) here posted links to reddit posts about me leaving ethereum to attempt to discredit me.

Why would you even think that? Apparently it was posted to show who you are. Do you regard leaving Ethereum as some sort of fail? I didn't.

If you want to throw your money at this garbage, then go ahead. But let me be very clear, iohk and it's partners will have nothing to do with Waves after this disgusting conduct.

Frankly, I think nobody really cared about "iohk and its partners" before you came here and posted this topic, and most likely nobody really cares now either. In fact, I believe there's not even anybody here who had planned to cooperate with you in the first place. In my view it is quite obvious that you posted this to create a negative vibe, you had even hoped for personal attacks, helping you to act as a victim who's been hurt. You didn't get such attacks though. Funny! If waves is "such garbage" why not go ahead and ignore it -- your "disgusting conduct" as you call is is not going to cure your personal anger. Have a great day and good bye!

Damn... you are actually still trying to make it look better.
Forget about it, there is no possible way to make this mess look half decent.
Activity: 324
Cohnhead, he said it in a slack convo that was reposted here and then edited. Regardless, I brought it up over skype to him and he admitted to saying it privately in his slack group. I have the text logs. Also the reddit claims of extortion are a lie and should be publicly disavowed.

The waves project has repeatedly lied to the public. They claimed to have one of my developers working on their project. They represented scorex as a solid platform to build a cryptocurrency on top of ( which it is not). The head of the project called me delusional and attacked my character. Several of the marketers here posted links to reddit posts about me leaving ethereum to attempt to discredit me.

All of this does not change the fact that Waves currently has no product, does not have a stable governance structure, has no independent oversight of the project. They are using source code written by other people and in no way configured to do the things they have claimed.

If you want to throw your money at this garbage, then go ahead. But let me be very clear, iohk and it's partners will have nothing to do with Waves after this disgusting conduct.

I thought ETH is garbage when I were mainly using Ripple. But nowadays, I admit rise of ETH gave other crypt currency markets super success. ETH made us happy. Who made ETH? We believe you know the answer.

If you would, please don't be so PC. I feel as if Superman is not helping people in suffer claiming "because you disgust me before". As much as you got a power n good experience in your business, you should lead your follower to right path, not making a feeling of entrapment in between.

Someone very special to regal or law, will you be so PC with the Superman? You better no so, the Superman battle with bad monsters but crushes building near by and say nothing afterwords. What you need skill is to say the building owners "forget about it. that's Superman business. bye!".

I will decide I should invest my money to your further business or not, depends on your next move.Lack of HR management means lack of credibility to controlling his organization, result, repeating in and out of your resource... that what I leant.

Peace Wink

p.s. I hope my slopy English make sense to you.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008
CEO of IOHK
Scorex is a toolkit to rapidly prototype new ideas and models for cryptocurrency development. Iohk's goal is to make scorex a pedagogical framework for universities and researchers to use to both teach students about cryptocurrencies and test new protocols quickly.

We will be making a major presentation in Corfu, Greece and attaching a university partner to the project soon.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Several (...) here posted links to reddit posts about me leaving ethereum to attempt to discredit me.

Why would you even think that? Apparently it was posted to show who you are. Do you regard leaving Ethereum as some sort of fail? I didn't.

Frankly, I think nobody really cared about "iohk and its partners" before you came here and posted this topic, and most likely nobody really cares now either. In my view it is quite obvious that you posted this to create a negative vibe, you had even hoped for personal attacks, helping you to act as a victim who's been hurt. You didn't get such attacks though. If waves is "such garbage" why not go ahead and ignore it -- your "disgusting conduct" -- as you call it -- is not going to cure your personal anger.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
They represented scorex as a solid platform to build a cryptocurrency on top of ( which it is not).

That's not the purpose of an IPO anyway, so I doubt it will be a problem.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004
As you may know, Nxt prevents forking with closing code not released into production yet and also by somewhat terrible licensing(since 1.5?).
Why GPL license is 'terrible'?
Anyone share some detailed opinions?
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Cohnhead, he said it in a slack convo that was reposted here and then edited. Regardless, I brought it up over skype to him and he admitted to saying it privately in his slack group. I have the text logs. Also the reddit claims of extortion are a lie and should be publicly disavowed.

The waves project has repeatedly lied to the public. They claimed to have one of my developers working on their project. They represented scorex as a solid platform to build a cryptocurrency on top of ( which it is not). The head of the project called me delusional and attacked my character. Several of the marketers here posted links to reddit posts about me leaving ethereum to attempt to discredit me.

All of this does not change the fact that Waves currently has no product, does not have a stable governance structure, has no independent oversight of the project. They are using source code written by other people and in no way configured to do the things they have claimed.

What is scorex good for and what are you planning on doing with it?

That seems relevant to evaluating whether what Waves claims to plan to do with it is credible or not.

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008
CEO of IOHK

Activity: 518
Merit: 501
question to charles why dont you join

I knew you were fucking stupid.  why would he join a copy of his own shit?
Pages:
Jump to: