Pages:
Author

Topic: IOHK Research and Scorex ARE NOT working with Waves - page 9. (Read 33933 times)

Activity: 762
Merit: 500
Thank you for clearing that up.
Activity: 315
Merit: 103
kushti is here (writing from a some place in Russia, yes).

First, some historical points. Scorex was started in Nov, 2014 as kinda funny project. To that moment, I spent few months working for Nxt. As you may know, Nxt prevents forking with closing code not released into production yet and also by somewhat terrible licensing(since 1.5?). Anyway, it has a lot of forks, and some of them with very interesting ideas (e.g. BURST).

To have thing open to the extreme I've published Scorex under CC0(Public Domain) license, so everyone can do literally anything with the code.

Since last autumn development of Scorex is subsidized by IOHK, and since Feb I'm a Research Fellow and Scorex project director in IOHK Research.
-------

Well, Scorex(as well as papers publicly published) could be used in any project. That surely does not mean collaboration with IOHK. However, we would like to get issues on core functionality to be reported to resolve and also (and especially) pull requests.  

Me & Sasha, Charles & Sasha, and three of us had some conversations after Sasha's decision to build Waves on top of Scorex. No any collaboration has been established to the moment as a result. And that is surely up to Charles.

I do not endorse neither oppose Waves ICO. I do not have much technical details, and I'm not competent in other topics.

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Opensource sure great, but sources should be mentioned imo (maybe it has been)...
Also information needs to be accurate on who is involved...

Quote from:  
WAVES website states:

Q: Who are the NXT developers involved in WAVES?
A: Devs involved: JL777, Kushti, Tosch. Project leader, Coinomat at NXTforum.

Q: What programming language will be used to develop the platform?
A: Full node client will be built is Scala, on Scorex platform which Kushti and his team have been developing. Lite, end-user, client will be in JS. Also there most probably will be a full-node C++ client too.

there you have it.

OP, may we have clarification on what it is you are asserting? "on Scorex platform which Kushti and his team have been developing" is indicating in plain English that Kushti is developing the Scorex platform. Had they said "Full node client will be built is[sic?] Scala, which Kushti and his team have been developing on Scorex platform" then I could see how that would indicate that Kushti was directly involved in the development of waves. But as seen in that Q&A that is not the case. It would take poor reading comprehension to jump to another conclusion.

Throughout the Waves topic thread it has been mentioned that the "Devs involved" are just that: involved. I believe Kushti was referred to as a consultant of sorts. Just to clarify, are you saying that he is in no way lending his advice? If there are other statements made by the waves team that you can post in support of your assertions it would be appreciated.

Edit: Found some more info myself:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14459843

So it does seem as though there was a clear statement that Kushti was part of the team at some point. It would be great if he could weigh in.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
To be clear for all, once and forever: Scorex is an open-source project

Who is IHKO/NHKO/FHKO/...? I think you understood.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
Haha, oh please.  I think we all know what's going on.  Young Dmitri in Astrakhan is desperate for money and is going to issue at least 100 IPOs until you give it to him.

If that was said by someone else we would pay attention to these words. Taking into account that it's yours I would ignore the post.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Does it really matter?  All ICO are permissioned ledger, distributed, but not decentralized, money grab scams.  You're all arguing about who gets to be leader of the scam and if so and so guy from some place in Russia endorses the scam or not.

I think the community should know that r0ach is just angry because I caught him on spreading bullshit. I offered him to put money where his mouth was and of course he didn't accept the bet. The quoted post and the other posts of the guy are worthless.

Haha, oh please.  I think we all know what's going on.  Young Dmitri in Astrakhan is desperate for money and is going to issue at least 100 IPOs until you give it to him.
legendary
My statements are my personal opinions...

...which have little common with the reality as we saw.
legendary
Does it really matter?  All ICO are permissioned ledger, distributed, but not decentralized, money grab scams.  You're all arguing about who gets to be leader of the scam and if so and so guy from some place in Russia endorses the scam or not.

I think the community should know that r0ach is just angry because I caught him on spreading bullshit. I offered him to put money where his mouth was and of course he didn't accept the bet. The quoted post and the other posts of the guy are worthless.
legendary
Of course they're illegal.  If you look at the guidelines issued by US authorities, they talk about what constitutes a decentralized platform in the first place and all these permissioned ledger, closed entropy systems fail that test.  What you're issuing is shares of a company for profit.  The legal system doesn't allow you to start selling shares of some fly by night company from your basement.
Activity: 420
Merit: 257
W.r.t. to WAVES, Charles is ostensibly very wisely making sure he and his company are not associated with the ostensibly illegal selling of unregistered investment securities to USA investors:

Charles Hoskinson disclaims the decision of Ethereum to sell vaporware tokens and also to not blacklist USA investors! Wow!

[...]

I applaud Charles' statements and actions in this thread and in the quoted video.

Disclaimer: IANAL, so make sure you consult your own attorney. My statements are my personal opinions.
legendary

no closed entropy, pre-mined, permissioned ledger system will ever have value.  The only ones that have are ones forced upon you with coercion by governments.  Unless you believe the UN is going to force Ripple upon the entire world, you better dump that bag of turds

For any cryptocurrency to be adopted, there can't even be a hint of the coin being created solely to enrich the creator.  Economics is a zero sum game and there is no Nash equilbrium to be had by random Joe off the street adopting something that puts you at an advantage and him at a disadvantage.  It doesn't matter if you think you should get paid to work.  Nobody would have adopted gold if gold had a central issuing authority with the market cornered at day one.

legendary
Activity: 1092
Opensource sure great, but sources should be mentioned imo (maybe it has been)...

Quote from:  
WAVES website states:

A: Full node client will be built is Scala, on Scorex platform which Kushti and his team have been developing. Lite, end-user, client will be in JS. Also there most probably will be a full-node C++ client too.

there you have it.

Thanks
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055
bad news always come out when a ICO is over ore after it's started. Nothing new with the timing

the dark side of the project it is.
legendary
Activity: 1232
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
bad news always come out when a ICO is over ore after it's started. Nothing new with the timing
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I found charleshoskinson tweeting same message few hrs before. seems on travel now. Cool
Real? how weird. Well let's see how this later.

https://twitter.com/iohk_charles Smiley

seems legit, waiting for more information.  Maybe a statement from developers?
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
I found charleshoskinson tweeting same message few hrs before. seems on travel now. Cool

https://twitter.com/iohk_charles Smiley
Activity: 200
Merit: 100
Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Quote from:  
WAVES website states:

there you have it.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
Pages:
Jump to: