Pages:
Author

Topic: [IoP] Fermat presents the Internet of People App Token - page 11. (Read 66321 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
hello. what is the real supply of IOPs? On coinmarketcap there are three different numbers:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/internet-of-people/

Circulating Supply
? IOP

Total Supply
2,128,765 IOP

Max Supply
21,000,000 IOP

Anybody knows what these numbers mean? What is difference between total and max supply? For example bitcoin does not have a total supply figure

What inflation rate do we have right now?

total suply is ready coin in market
and maximal suply, coin is still must use mining and distribution still use mining
Activity: 728
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
I want to announce, that the Fermat Chapters are going to install the LOC, PS and CAN during this weeks on their servers. We will make first tests in production network and take further developments from there!

In this stage the Fermat Team proved, that out Vision is ambitious, but we get there! The whole Team is more than ever confident in reaching our goals!

Thanks the Fermat Chapters, that so far believed in us, that trusted us, and like us for not generating falsified hype around nothing (or just a bitcoin fork).

I love Fermat, i would really love to get more deep  , but for sure is more complex project than dash coin! I really will follow this project in the near future!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Added to my bookmarks will come back to follow Smiley
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
We know our future, because we are building it!
I want to announce, that the Fermat Chapters are going to install the LOC, PS and CAN during this weeks on their servers. We will make first tests in production network and take further developments from there!

In this stage the Fermat Team proved, that out Vision is ambitious, but we get there! The whole Team is more than ever confident in reaching our goals!

Thanks the Fermat Chapters, that so far believed in us, that trusted us, and like us for not generating falsified hype around nothing (or just a bitcoin fork).

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

IoP Wallets Road-map

User Experience is a critical aspect of our products and is directly tied to the success of the project. Bad user experience introduces adoption barriers that can have very serious implications on the rate of adoption of whatever we create.
So far we have deployed only wallets. Very soon two mobile apps which are part of our governance system will be added to the list. In the case of wallets, we have two [.....]

continue reading
legendary

Networks Statistics Road-map

The Location Based Network, Content Address Network and Profiles Servers have already been released on alpha. So far it is very difficult to collect statistics network wide, since there are no tools developed for this purpose. I can imagine a series of public sites run by different community members to keep track of these networks, collecting statistics and providing insights on their growth, the information that is stored there and many other facts. Also, by being able to visualize them, it will become easier to explain what they are and how they work.
A Network Statistics Roadmap can include the following[.....]

continue reading
legendary

Use Case: Virtual World

[.....]Let’s say for example McDonald’s would like to offer a new hamburger to young men between 15 and 21. McDonald’s with an IoP Marketing App scans the Internet of People and finds these Virtual World Users profiles. McDonald’s’ app (or a bot) enters through one of the open TCP/IP connections at a Profile Server and knocks at the door of the Virtual World client app. They negotiate using a common protocol for this purpose the cost of delivering this advertisement (the new hamburger) to this particular user, after receiving some $0.1 for disclosing the age of the user (personal info can now be sold with the consent of end users and the income going to them). They both agree that a banner is going to be displayed at a virtual park and the virtual user will see it for 10 seconds while he virtually walks there. McDonalds would pay $3 for this which the client app would split 50% for the company and 50% for the end user. McDonald’s sends the first $1.5 in advance, together with[.....]

continue reading
legendary

https://twitter.com/fermat_org/status/838374793506349058

Since today #Fermat's Profile Servers can successfully see each other and interact through the Location Based #Network. Cheers to the devs!
Activity: 784
anybody knows how much the angel investors got of the 10% pre-mine and how much devs/founders?
its all documented and publicly available, take a look

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Fx29tzswHQN7YPjsFwlTnOyGZzY-sWUTA71URzmueug/edit?usp=sharing
thanks. why payment of devs stopped in jun 16?
legendary
anybody knows how much the angel investors got of the 10% pre-mine and how much devs/founders?
its all documented and publicly available, take a look

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Fx29tzswHQN7YPjsFwlTnOyGZzY-sWUTA71URzmueug/edit?usp=sharing
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
hello. what is the real supply of IOPs? On coinmarketcap there are three different numbers:

Circulating Supply
? IOP

Total Supply
2,128,765 IOP

Max Supply
21,000,000 IOP

Anybody knows what these numbers mean? What is difference between total and max supply? For example bitcoin does not have a total supply figure

I think maximum supply means all the IoP tokens that will ever be mined (seems logical). And the total supply are the tokens that have been mined until now.
The circulating supply I don't know what they mean with that.

Circulating Supply
? IOP

Total Supply
2,128,765 IOP

Max Supply
21,000,000 IOP

legendary

Fermat’s Mining Cap,
What you need to know about it and what is does

The thought behind Fermat’s mining cap is actually quite easy to understand, if you know how centralized Bitcoin’s mining has become. In the beginning of Bitcoin mining everyone who wanted to support the Bitcoin network was able to mine with their personal computer. The network was actually distributed. But over the last years it appears that's the mining is occupied by big mining farms in China. The reason for this is the high difficulty of the mining process. Only high end machines are able to mine Bitcoins in profitable way. For the average John Doe it is nearly impossible to mine any Bitcoins. The high difficulty doesn’t only lead to a centralization of mining power but also to a very high consumption of energy. Up to 95% of the overall mining costs are electricity costs

To keep mining Bitcoins profitable miners have started a race a long time ago. “Better, faster, cheaper” is the motto. And this lead inevitably to a centralization of the whole Bitcoin network. It is still distributed to a level, but it keeps centralizing even more over time when the difficulty rises even further.

Inventions by the bright minded
The bright minds of the Fermat Project are aware of this problem and try to prevent a centralization of the Fermat Network. The goal is to decentralize the mining of IoP tokens to a point where it is possible to mine with high end Laptops or very low end servers. This is for one done by controlling the number of miners with Mining Licenses. The key to mining IoPs is to do something valuable for the network and the community. By doing this you can earn a Mining License. In the future the question to who is able to mine will be [....]

continue reading:
legendary
what is about this ICO in 2 weeks!:
http://www.bitcoinsuisse.ch/fermat-project-contribution/
Why there is nothing about it anywhere? Will it happen?
i answered your PM, i am quoting it here for better understanding of what's going on behind scene.

IOP token is trading @6 dollar at bittrex. BUT ICO of Bitcoin Suisse AG starts at 20 dollar. How can this be true? Why there is NO marketing for this ICO? It must be a scam this project. Do you ahve any explanation for this.
thanks
Hi first  Wink
free market does what free market does, and for now free market values IOP @6 dollar.. what you see on bitcoinsuisse ag is fundation of Fermat AG got thoghether funds allocated during early stages of this project, (angel investors, funders and some members of board) they are putting funds together to kick start crowdfunding and distribute 80k IOP to mostly private investors. and yes they value IOP @20 dollar starting price!
No marketing of this crowdfunding? what do you mean? if you mean here in bitcointalk than yes, fermat does not promote crowdfunding here.. but believe me http://www.heimdall.ch/ has been working overtimes finding private investors for this crowdfunding outside our little world Wink
let see how will free market react after crowdfunding.

cya

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

The tokens are being sold on exchanges. Why I should buy it on ICO?

Maybe is reason that there are not enough IoPs on exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1246

The tokens are being sold on exchanges. Why I should buy it on ICO?
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1014
great project ! i download the latest wallet and is working nice! thanks dev
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Fermat, the highly anticipated decentralized and Blockchain-enabled open source project developing the Internet of People, today announced major upgrades to its technology and architecture, along with new partnerships following a productive 2016. Today, the Fermat project’s community boasts over 60 national and regional chapters worldwide, all of which have been established to mine IoP tokens in a highly decentralized way.
Launched in April 2016, Fermat’s vision is to enable direct device to device communication, independent of any entity or web server. Data will be stored on end user devices and applications will be built to interact with each other directly. This will be enabled via Person-to-Person apps as part of a new technological paradigm, referred to as the Internet of People, an ambitious vision from Founder Luis Molina.
Pages:
Jump to: