Pages:
Author

Topic: [IoP] Start Mining IoP, claim your spot! - page 6. (Read 22083 times)

legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1014
November 28, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
November 28, 2016, 05:16:24 AM
Ok one more question since I found a work around for the multible cores running...

How do I know they are mining?
I found blocks with Linux servers and could see they were running the CPU at 100% but these two windows cores are running at 25% each. Is that right?
I entered only the following in my IoP.conf:
-gen=1
-minerWhiteListAddress=p77zuHdrsoE6QengoUW37jRFshnHmo3V1p

is that correct? I also typed generate 1 in the wallet command line

Edit: Sorry if I'm talking to myself but hopefully this might help someone else that is trying to figure this out too!
ok so I got both cores to mine by adding this to the conf:
rpcport=12349(I made this number up randomly)
testnet=0
daemon=1
listenonion=0
server=1
gen=1
minerwhitelistaddress=p77zuHdrsoE6QengoUW37jRFshnHmo3V1p(my address use your own else think you will be mining for me:) )

for the other conf I skipped the port just let it use the default and changed the minerwhitelistaddress.

I then still ran generate 1 in the wallet command counsel and it started maxing out the CPU cores! yeaaa

NOW ONE FINAL QUESTION: How can I slightly reduce the CPU usage? Because getting the CPU maxed out killed my 3 GPU's running ETH and that's a deal breaker Smiley
Edit: found answer to this too lol, just set  your miner priority in task manager to realtime and it will take precedence over the CPU IoP mining as needed.

Can you tell me how to install IoP in linux server?
Activity: 714
Merit: 516
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
November 28, 2016, 03:46:26 AM
Is there bounty for BCT signature?

IOP signature campaig is run one week and still run and open spot
if you want join you can visit martket placed altcoin section
or this link https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bounties-fermat-bounty-campaign-1-1692448
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
November 28, 2016, 02:51:08 AM
Is there bounty for BCT signature?
legendary
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
November 28, 2016, 02:06:20 AM
Honestly dude this thing requires too much effort to mine, I think I'll pass.
lol what's the matter with just a simple wallet that you just download and start mining right away?
legendary
November 28, 2016, 01:42:01 AM
i will open the italian twitter !
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
November 27, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
how can I have some image for fermat russian twitter account (like other countries have)?
check our mediakit repo, under Region-Logos you will find your country Logo for Country images you will have to be Patient our designer team is working hard.. will take time.

Done! https://twitter.com/FermatRussia

thank U!
Activity: 174
November 27, 2016, 05:56:37 PM
I just hit a block a few min ago(yeaaa) is there anyway however to tell which wallet mined it?
nice  Cool congrats!
to see which address mined that block you can try command:
IoP-cli listtransactions ""

to mine to particular address you need to add this parameter to your conf file:
genaddr=
Ok thanks, will do
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
November 27, 2016, 05:46:46 PM
I just hit a block a few min ago(yeaaa) is there anyway however to tell which wallet mined it?
nice  Cool congrats!
to see which address mined that block you can try command:
IoP-cli listtransactions ""

to mine to particular address you need to add this parameter to your conf file:
genaddr=
November 27, 2016, 05:25:06 PM
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
November 27, 2016, 03:23:44 PM
how can I have some image for fermat russian twitter account (like other countries have)?
check our mediakit repo, under Region-Logos you will find your country Logo for Country images you will have to be Patient our designer team is working hard.. will take time.
Activity: 100
November 27, 2016, 03:07:50 PM
November 27, 2016, 02:09:12 PM
Ok one more question since I found a work around for the multible cores running...

How do I know they are mining?
I found blocks with Linux servers and could see they were running the CPU at 100% but these two windows cores are running at 25% each. Is that right?
I entered only the following in my IoP.conf:
-gen=1
-minerWhiteListAddress=p77zuHdrsoE6QengoUW37jRFshnHmo3V1p

is that correct? I also typed generate 1 in the wallet command line

Edit: Sorry if I'm talking to myself but hopefully this might help someone else that is trying to figure this out too!
ok so I got both cores to mine by adding this to the conf:
rpcport=12349(I made this number up randomly)
testnet=0
daemon=1
listenonion=0
server=1
gen=1
minerwhitelistaddress=p77zuHdrsoE6QengoUW37jRFshnHmo3V1p(my address use your own else think you will be mining for me:) )

for the other conf I skipped the port just let it use the default and changed the minerwhitelistaddress.

I then still ran generate 1 in the wallet command counsel and it started maxing out the CPU cores! yeaaa

NOW ONE FINAL QUESTION: How can I slightly reduce the CPU usage? Because getting the CPU maxed out killed my 3 GPU's running ETH and that's a deal breaker Smiley
Edit: found answer to this too lol, just set  your miner priority in task manager to realtime and it will take precedence over the CPU IoP mining as needed.

November 27, 2016, 12:11:37 PM

Easy. Make a backup of your wallet and delete the IoP Folder (Explorer --> %APPDATA%) and start with the procedure:

at first start it asks you sth about the folder to start in. DONT choose default folder, ust make a new folder call it main1. then start IoP-qt. Then start another IoP-qt and put this in folder main2.

Ok should be that simple but it's not. I am using windows 10. Here is what I did:

-I backedup/deleted old IoP folder
-started IoP-qt in wallet 1 folder
-directed it to create a folder in appdata roaming etc. called IoP-W1 and it started to sync
-started IoP-qt in wallet 2 folder then...
-CRASH says can not obtain a lock on directory IoP-W1.IoP core is probabaly already running. Does not let me create a separate folder?

any ideas?

edit: can make it work by going to the registry and changing it back and forth
Activity: 62
We know our future, because we are building it!
November 27, 2016, 09:21:45 AM
So how do you open two cores on the same machine with different ports? With windows wallet is that possible?

It would be nice to make some tutorial for ubuntu as well, how to run main net and test net on one machine.

Hi there, I think truelibertine is doing such a thing.

Easy. Make a backup of your wallet and delete the ~/.IoP Folder and start with the procedure:

mkdir main1
mkdir main2
IoPd -datadir=main1 &
IoPd -datadir=main2 &
Activity: 62
We know our future, because we are building it!
November 27, 2016, 09:20:29 AM
!! ANNOUNCEMENT !!

Hi there,
from today I am starting to track every second evening the mining spreadsheet and issue new mining licences ( aká whitelisting your public key)
I will notice you in the comment field of your IoP Wallet Address once you are whitelisted.

NOTICE
If you claim more than 1 licence:
For each claim you need to run a different IoP core wallet in a different folder on a different port.
@truelibertine is making a howto video for this case, which will be published tomorrow.

CHAPTER ALREADY SETUP IN YOUR COUNTRY?
No problem! Team up with the Chapter Representative and join the Fermat Chapter in your country! You can still get a licence by one of the tasks listed in the doc. The Chapter will help you which spots are free (or you just connect to them and start doing your stuff).
If there are problems, please let us know by Email or PM. In the beginning we are assisting a bit to get the things rolling, later this process will be opened up and fully automatic.

We go further on our path to become the most disruptive (blockchain enabled P2P) technology on this planet!

Stay tuned, join us, and thank you for the overwhelming support!

So how do you open two cores on the same machine with different ports? With windows wallet is that possible?

Easy. Make a backup of your wallet and delete the IoP Folder (Explorer --> %APPDATA%) and start with the procedure:

at first start it asks you sth about the folder to start in. DONT choose default folder, ust make a new folder call it main1. then start IoP-qt. Then start another IoP-qt and put this in folder main2.
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
November 27, 2016, 05:27:02 AM

It would be nice to make some tutorial for ubuntu as well, how to run main net and test net on one machine.
November 26, 2016, 07:55:17 PM
!! ANNOUNCEMENT !!

Hi there,
from today I am starting to track every second evening the mining spreadsheet and issue new mining licences ( aká whitelisting your public key)
I will notice you in the comment field of your IoP Wallet Address once you are whitelisted.

NOTICE
If you claim more than 1 licence:
For each claim you need to run a different IoP core wallet in a different folder on a different port.
@truelibertine is making a howto video for this case, which will be published tomorrow.

CHAPTER ALREADY SETUP IN YOUR COUNTRY?
No problem! Team up with the Chapter Representative and join the Fermat Chapter in your country! You can still get a licence by one of the tasks listed in the doc. The Chapter will help you which spots are free (or you just connect to them and start doing your stuff).
If there are problems, please let us know by Email or PM. In the beginning we are assisting a bit to get the things rolling, later this process will be opened up and fully automatic.

We go further on our path to become the most disruptive (blockchain enabled P2P) technology on this planet!

Stay tuned, join us, and thank you for the overwhelming support!

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
November 25, 2016, 02:55:11 PM
ok, my country is present, but i'm not creator of chapter
all fields except "chapter" and "support" are emty
should i simple add my twitter and facebook account in corresponding columns in my fermat's line to get my address whitelisted ?

yes you can, you can also take over the chapter if you are more active Wink
Pages:
Jump to: