Pages:
Author

Topic: iOS Bread Wallet - page 3. (Read 31009 times)

Activity: 115
Merit: 19
October 05, 2015, 05:01:57 PM
If you lost both your recovery phrase and your passcode, then after you enter 8 different incorrect passcodes, and about 24hrs of lockout, the wallet will reset and you can start a new one.

I haven't run into an issue where iTunes syncing overwrites app keychain data with older data. If you're still encountering this problem, please open github issue (linked on breadwallet.com) so we can get more information about your phone and settings.

How can i erase Breadwallet + all its data ?
i have a test version on my iPhone 6, never save the passphrase (seeds)
i know right  Roll Eyes
i want to erase it and start with a new fresh wallet (but the old password always comes up)
Huh
tx

On the settings menu, delete the seed and start fresh.

- start/recover another wallet ?
i can not, do not have the old seeds or password
??

I erased the whole phone already
installed new wallet, set up new wallet, all worked
but the sec i do a sync with iTunes the old wallet comes back and i am stuck again
 Huh
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
October 05, 2015, 10:53:18 AM
I can not !
there it is asking me for "Recovery Phrase to wipe it and start/recover another."
and i do not have that

Edit:
sorry this is such a pain ... , i just wanted to install a test wallet,(did not save anything) and planned to install a proper wallet after
but now i can not get rid of that test
 Undecided

I'm not quite sure I'm following your issue.

Does the wallet reappear after a simple sync with iTunes? If yes, I find that really odd, app info may be be nicely encrypted, but this is still another way to get access to a seed, I think (but that's another issue)

If disabling automatic sync on iTunes is an issue for you, try to delete everything breadwallet related on iTunes and see if it does the trick.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023
October 05, 2015, 07:50:27 AM
i know right  Roll Eyes
i want to erase it and start with a new fresh wallet (but the old password always comes up)
Huh
tx

??

but the sec i do a sync with iTunes the old wallet comes back and i am stuck again
 Huh

Exactly, that's the option. No need to restore your phone just for this Cheesy You get the old wallet back because that's the information synced with iTunes. When you restored, did you set it up as new phone or did you restore from an iTunes/iCloud backup?

I can not !
there it is asking me for "Recovery Phrase to wipe it and start/recover another."
and i do not have that

Edit:
sorry this is such a pain ... , i just wanted to install a test wallet,(did not save anything) and planned to install a proper wallet after
but now i can not get rid of that test
 Undecided
legendary
October 05, 2015, 06:12:19 AM
i know right  Roll Eyes
Huh
tx

??

Huh

Exactly, that's the option. No need to restore your phone just for this Cheesy You get the old wallet back because that's the information synced with iTunes. When you restored, did you set it up as new phone or did you restore from an iTunes/iCloud backup?
legendary
October 05, 2015, 04:11:18 AM
i know right  Roll Eyes
Huh
tx

??

Huh
legendary
October 05, 2015, 03:05:03 AM
i know right  Roll Eyes
Huh
tx

legendary
October 05, 2015, 02:52:15 AM
i know right  Roll Eyes
Huh
tx
legendary
September 24, 2015, 08:07:34 AM
Does anybody use breadwallet and also mine at a pool like Eligius? When I mine there and have the payouts sent to my Bitcoin Core qt wallet, the earnings are noted as "Mined" and are not confirmed until a few more blocks have been mined. How does breadwallet handle those types of transactions?

Not sure the exact way on how that's processed, but you'd definitely get the funds after enough confirmations and you'd be able to spend them. You should probably post on the official thread to get visibility from the dev...
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
September 23, 2015, 01:11:53 PM
Does anybody use breadwallet and also mine at a pool like Eligius? When I mine there and have the payouts sent to my Bitcoin Core qt wallet, the earnings are noted as "Mined" and are not confirmed until a few more blocks have been mined. How does breadwallet handle those types of transactions?
legendary
September 21, 2015, 09:38:29 AM
Downloaded Bread Wallet, and I like it because if my phone gets lost and the App gets removed from the App store, at least I can use the web version of Hive to get into my Bitcoins.  ...

Not anymore.  Hive is dead.  At least the Hive wallet can be recovered within Bread Wallet using the 12 word key.  Thank goodness for BIP32/BIP39.  After recovery as a Bread Wallet, all Bitcoins and transactions were available.  Impressed that Bread Wallet was able to do this.  I don't think I'll ever consider a bitcoin wallet that is not compatible with BIP32/BIP39.

Mike

Hive is no more, but MultiBit HD can recover breadwallet seeds. Not sure if the opposite occurs, but it's probable that it does (at least partically it does, according to this)
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
September 21, 2015, 03:08:11 AM
Downloaded Bread Wallet, and I like it because if my phone gets lost and the App gets removed from the App store, at least I can use the web version of Hive to get into my Bitcoins.  ...

Not anymore.  Hive is dead.  At least the Hive wallet can be recovered within Bread Wallet using the 12 word key.  Thank goodness for BIP32/BIP39.  After recovery as a Bread Wallet, all Bitcoins and transactions were available.  Impressed that Bread Wallet was able to do this.  I don't think I'll ever consider a bitcoin wallet that is not compatible with BIP32/BIP39.

Mike
Activity: 210
September 06, 2015, 10:09:54 AM
What I don't like is the bits.  In terms of practical application from Exchange trading to purchasing online, nobody uses Bits.  
In the beginning it was a little bit confusing to me also but after some wallet usage i get used of it and now it is not confusing to me anymore.
legendary
Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001
September 06, 2015, 10:01:27 AM
Downloaded Bread Wallet, and I like it because if my phone gets lost and the App gets removed from the App store, at least I can use the web version of Hive to get into my Bitcoins.  Also like how it gives the option to automatically subtract miner fees if unloading the entire balance.

What I don't like is the bits.  In terms of practical application from Exchange trading to purchasing online, nobody uses Bits. 
legendary
August 24, 2015, 08:09:57 AM
Is there any way to get the private key on breadwallet and import it into Bitcoin-qt

No. It's not a goal of the dev to have a mobile client that can do such.

If you really need the private key you have to import your breadwallet seed on MultiBit HD and then dump the key. Keep in mind that after importing the seed elsewhere you should consider it compromised and create a new one on breadwallet. Don't forget to send your funds elsewhere before creating a new seed.

Also, there's an official topic for breadwallet, you'd probably want to go there if you want an answer from the dev, he's probably paying attention to that thread mostly Smiley
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
August 24, 2015, 07:54:05 AM
Is there any way to get the private key on breadwallet and import it into Bitcoin-qt
legendary
August 07, 2015, 12:28:48 PM
Oh, right, it's scaled up Smiley Anyways, I bet its in the works iPhone 6 support... If I'm not mistaken, Apple has many tools that make it easy to scale up apps.

100% agreed. Just searched to see if there was some way to switch from bits to BTC units. Why not give users a choice? An app that pushes its own beliefs is fine, as long as it only makes it the default but still provides choice to those who disagree. I otherwise love the app, but just don't feel comfortable using it if there is no option to have the value in BTC.

In this particular instance it's better to have a single standard. It's important for the community to move together to bits. People who don't switch hold back adoption. That combined with the fact that adding more configurable options makes the app more confusing is why we haven't done it. The reason BTC is more comfortable is because most others are using it still, so to break that momentum means doing something that's initially less comfortable. People need encouragement, so that's what we're providing by making an app that people love, but requires switching to bits. It's a short term inconvenience for a greater long term benefit.

I totally agree with this decision. It is stupid 'talking' and trading in BTC! Bits is so much more logic and easier to understand; and future-proof.

I totally love this app, i am a huge fan.

Things i would like to see implemented in the app:

-iPhone6 and 6+ support
-Multi-sig addresses support

Thanks for the awesome work voisine.

Although I am not a big fan of Bits, and took quite a bit to get used to them, I understand why they're important in adoption. Much more comfortable saying something like 1000 Bits than something like 0.001 BTC.

iPhone 6 not supported? How come, does the app appear smaller or something? I'm still on a 5, so not sure. As for multisig, that falls in what voisine has been saying: he wants to keep the app simple. I don't see that being implemented.

To finish my post, I think it would be better to focus our discussions on the main topic. There's no need to have two topics with different discussions about the same thing Smiley

Yes, in iphone6 and 6+ the app is zoomed/stretched.

But voisine would implement multi-sig in a way (revolutionary way) that becomes easier and friendly to most users. This app is like that, revolutionary.
Multi-sig is the safest way to store bitcoins.

Oh well... Who knows? We have a very skilled dev Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
error
August 06, 2015, 05:28:20 PM
100% agreed. Just searched to see if there was some way to switch from bits to BTC units. Why not give users a choice? An app that pushes its own beliefs is fine, as long as it only makes it the default but still provides choice to those who disagree. I otherwise love the app, but just don't feel comfortable using it if there is no option to have the value in BTC.

In this particular instance it's better to have a single standard. It's important for the community to move together to bits. People who don't switch hold back adoption. That combined with the fact that adding more configurable options makes the app more confusing is why we haven't done it. The reason BTC is more comfortable is because most others are using it still, so to break that momentum means doing something that's initially less comfortable. People need encouragement, so that's what we're providing by making an app that people love, but requires switching to bits. It's a short term inconvenience for a greater long term benefit.

I totally agree with this decision. It is stupid 'talking' and trading in BTC! Bits is so much more logic and easier to understand; and future-proof.

-iPhone6 and 6+ support

Although I am not a big fan of Bits, and took quite a bit to get used to them, I understand why they're important in adoption. Much more comfortable saying something like 1000 Bits than something like 0.001 BTC.

iPhone 6 not supported? How come, does the app appear smaller or something? I'm still on a 5, so not sure. As for multisig, that falls in what voisine has been saying: he wants to keep the app simple. I don't see that being implemented.

To finish my post, I think it would be better to focus our discussions on the main topic. There's no need to have two topics with different discussions about the same thing Smiley

Yes, in iphone6 and 6+ the app is zoomed/stretched.

But voisine would implement multi-sig in a way (revolutionary way) that becomes easier and friendly to most users. This app is like that, revolutionary.
Multi-sig is the safest way to store bitcoins.
Activity: 142
August 06, 2015, 02:39:10 PM

-iPhone6 and 6+ support

I have it running on my iPhone 6 Plus. You can tell the resolution is sized for a smaller screen and is scaled up (makes it a lot easier to read imho). I am not a fan of Bits either, but it will be the best hope for widespread adoption.
legendary
August 06, 2015, 02:30:29 PM

-iPhone6 and 6+ support

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
error
August 06, 2015, 08:40:21 AM

-iPhone6 and 6+ support

Pages:
Jump to: