Author

Topic: IOTA - page 169. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
November 25, 2017, 09:15:03 AM
IOTA released over 5 months ago.
Why is there still no application running on IOTA?
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
November 25, 2017, 06:54:54 AM
IOTA is the crypto-currency of the future

https://medium.com/@norbert.gehrke/iot-iota-is-the-crypto-currency-of-the-future-2360d64f78fc

The following is a translation from an article on The Motley Fool, Germany.
Even today, machines manage to do their job without human intervention. If, in addition, an autonomous payment transaction between machines needs to take place, one requires a digital currency. But for good reasons that will likely not be Bitcoin or Ethereum, but more recent developments like IOTA......

Activity: 659
Merit: 500
Zepher is scammer!:)
November 24, 2017, 10:25:24 PM
Big drop today for iota what happen? Huh

Black Friday discount  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Oh  Cheesy Good one! Shocked
Activity: 240
Merit: 250
November 24, 2017, 09:04:07 PM
Agree, the last events in Bitcoin forking have shown how much might the miners have. IOTA does not have that centralization of the mining power since mining is distributed in the way that only entities that send transactions have to do PoW for two transactions.

Also you never know then China is prohibiting Bitcoin mining. There are rumors about. It would hit Bitcoin and other PoW coins very hard.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
November 24, 2017, 08:49:18 PM

NO CONFIRMATION  - TRYING TO SEND IOTA - 5 HOURS - STILL NO CONFIRMATION-  I FEEL LIKE DUMPING THIS COIN- TOO MANY ISSUES
NETWORK IS FAULTY AND THERE IS NO COMMUNICATION FORM IOTA Angry Angry Angry

Im transfering IOTA coins to my wallet its currently pending. but on my wallet this message keeps popping up saying "Bundle Details" and then a button saying "REBROADCAST" ... whats this mean? do i have to press it?

I`m having the same problem. I never could transfer any single IOTA from Bitfinex to IOTA Wallet

I made many withdrawals in the past almost instanly and no prob, theyre just now a bit saturated probably! Patience, I know.. sucks but sometimes exchanges need to do a bit of balcklog dispatching

I am having the same problem except I'm trying to send from IOTA wallet to an exchange.  It has been 14 hours now with no confirmations.

I have had luck logging off and then logging back on and reattaching.  You may also want to change to a different node.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
November 24, 2017, 05:28:26 PM
You can see chart pump IOTA on PumpSignal http://www.signalcoinbot.me/PumpSignal.rar

really?

guys, dont download this crap, thats a virus.

Thanks, hope it didn't touch any of your files. I think he is looking to steal some things from ones PC, this is an intentional move to lure people to download the virus
Activity: 3
November 24, 2017, 05:15:33 PM
Re: zero balance. Don’t worry about the reclaim tool, its not designed for that. Just look in the Send/Receive’ and reattach to the Tangle. Once attached, your balance will show.  There is nothing wrong with the IOTA wallet. There was an outage for a few days once but no one lost any money. You can’t get hacked on the Tangle, its better than the Blockchain.
Activity: 56
November 24, 2017, 04:52:27 PM
hello, i have a problem, i checket today my iota light wallet after a lot of weeks, i have the iota wallet 2.4.0, and I upgraded to the last version, and my surprise is that I have 0 balance...

I hold 121 Iota, and I lost all, I used the option "reclaim tool" and I make a new seed, I put the old and the new seed, but nothing happens,

I lost all my founds?
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
November 24, 2017, 02:57:05 PM
"New screenshots of the upcoming IOTA wallet by the IOTA @ UCL team"

https://twitter.com/DavidSonstebo/status/934130614290313217?s=17
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
November 24, 2017, 01:32:28 PM
Did you guys notice that IOTA on OKEX is traded with 0.10 cents more than on Bitfinex. Weird.

Because they are in the timezone which is 6 hours ahead of Europe, so they know what the price will be in Europe in 6 hours.
Activity: 26
November 24, 2017, 12:21:37 PM
HOLD your coins! Like me!
Activity: 45
Merit: 1
November 24, 2017, 12:10:52 PM

Do you think it will recover soon?
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
November 24, 2017, 12:05:12 PM
Did you guys notice that IOTA on OKEX is traded with 0.10 cents more than on Bitfinex. Weird.
Activity: 143
Merit: 90
November 24, 2017, 11:23:21 AM
I created an iOS app as POC for an idea I had in my mind for some time. Currently the app uses a regular rational database. I want to create a version based on decentralized database, in particular on the tangle. I don't run a IOTA node. Is there a IOTA node or testnet available to use for development and testing activities?

Oh, and is there a ready-to-use API wrapper for Objective-c or Swift available?

My question is still up to date. Can someone help me with that?

Sandbox on sandbox.iotatoken.com unfortunately does not work anymore.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
November 24, 2017, 07:23:25 AM

Black Friday discount  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 659
Merit: 500
Zepher is scammer!:)
November 24, 2017, 06:39:13 AM
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
November 24, 2017, 06:33:54 AM
Hello, @ yassin54!
I want to buy IOTA tokens
The exchange moved to www.ydx.io?
How to register?
Thank you!
ask me in DM with your email
Activity: 826
Merit: 284
November 24, 2017, 05:26:52 AM
Hello, @ yassin54!
I want to buy IOTA tokens
The exchange moved to www.ydx.io?
How to register?
Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
November 23, 2017, 06:19:18 PM
cybercrypt

Ensuring Security

Security is paramount for our epoch of technological omnipresence where autonomous devices and machinery communicate ceaselessly and influence virtually every aspect of our society. The vast majority of devices that permeate this landscape are small sensors and actuators that act locally with very scarce resources; this necessitates new thinking and technology; in processing, bandwidth, battery, software etc. but also cryptography. This realization has given birth to vibrant efforts to develop and establish lightweight cryptographic standards.
IOTA is about the future
Currently IOTA uses the relatively hardware intensive NIST standard SHA-3/Keccak for crucial operations for maximal security.
Since the origin of the IOTA vision back in 2014, we — a diverse group of electrical engineers, cryptographers, distributed ledger pioneers — started tackling the hardware side with new thinking in computational processing. A next generation of microprocessor architecture based on ternary logic for ultimate efficiency in IoT is the result. (A deep dive blog post on trinary’s superiority over binary will come soon). Then there is the software protocol and platform side which acts as the adhesive holding this new ubiquitous realm together (the IOTA project itself), and finally, the cryptographic requirements that this paradigm shift demands for optimal efficiency, which is what this announcement is centered around. Enter Curl-P, P = Prototype.....

https://blog.iota.org/iota-foundation-hires-cybercrypt-615d2df79001

John Licciardello to the IOTA Foundation

John Licciardello has built a career focused on financial innovation. Following his undergraduate degree, John moved to Mexico City where he played a key role in an early stage financial technology startup. The venture developed and brought to market an innovative and patented product to empower unbanked remittance beneficiaries to access any ATM. From 2011 to 2015, John had an active role in all aspects of the business from IT to finance. He spearheaded the integration of the technology with over 2,000 points of sale across Mexico, and played a leading role in closing a $10 million Series-A financing round. This experience — developing a market-based solution to help those most disadvantaged by the current financial system — ignited a passion in John to build a career working on financial innovations enabling the economically disenfranchised to build a better life.....

https://blog.iota.org/welcome-john-licciardello-to-the-iota-foundation-fec74e93031c

Activity: 17
November 23, 2017, 02:52:14 PM
Im transfering IOTA coins to my wallet its currently pending. but on my wallet this message keeps popping up saying "Bundle Details" and then a button saying "REBROADCAST" ... whats this mean? do i have to press it?

I`m having the same problem. I never could transfer any single IOTA from Bitfinex to IOTA Wallet

I made many withdrawals in the past almost instanly and no prob, theyre just now a bit saturated probably! Patience, I know.. sucks but sometimes exchanges need to do a bit of balcklog dispatching

I am having the same problem except I'm trying to send from IOTA wallet to an exchange.  It has been 14 hours now with no confirmations.

I have had luck logging off and then logging back on and reattaching.  You may also want to change to a different node.
Jump to: