Author

Topic: IOTA - page 209. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
September 26, 2017, 01:50:35 AM
Complete Newbie, I apologize in advance if I offend anyone.

I obtained a 2.4 Wallet a week ago and successfully sent a bunch of Iota there and it did display the correct balance, and under History it did display the correct History as to Transfer History and Addresses History.
Of course, now a week later there shows No Balance, 0 History Transfers and 0 Addresses History.

That begs the first question, since now I find out that literally thousands of wallet holders are experiencing the same problem, why would such a Wallet ever have been released in the first place?? And we know this is not something particular to 2.4 Wallet, this situation has been going on since the beginning AND it's still going on with the newest Releases!! WTF
The Slack and here are inundated with Iota holders wanting answers and no one seems to provide any concrete solutions and yet they just keep issuing new Wallet updates. How about testing the Wallets before you actually release them, you think!

Okay, now I have Zero Balances in my Iota Wallet...... when I have a BTC address I can just look at the History of that particular Address through Blockexplorer/blockchain.info/etc., and see all the History/ transactions /Balances of that particular Address, But apparently that's too difficult to do here with Iota? Really? And please don't suggest Iota.tips, that does no good at all. Put an all purpose Iota BlockExplorer right on the front  page  of your main website so everyone has the same ability to look at their Wallet Address.

Devs and Founders, if you ever want have a really viable and mainstream coin that the general public can take to as an investment or useful asset/currency etc., then these simple enormous oversights have to be solved Before you move forward with other developments.

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
September 25, 2017, 03:03:59 PM
Since I updated to v2.5 today I can not see my account balance anymore. It is 0. I have created 96 addresses now. I am sure I had around 30-40 addresses created for the account before the update. One week ago I logged in last time and my balance was fine. Any hints what to do?

See my post above with the video on the Reddit script  Grin

52 Attempts, and did not work. Someone knows how I can recover my 100 miotas, they were in the 2.3 portfolio and I could not transfer to 2.4. Is there a way to recover?

If you were still on the 2.3 version and never 'officially' went to 2.4, you have some more work to do, I think. One of the things that was done in that 'upgrade' was users having to give up their old seed and transitioning to a new seed. I think that is what is giving you trouble now (I assume you never upgraded your old '2.3 seed', right?).

It was last week that I entered the world of IOTA, I bought 100 miota of a person and my wallet was already installed in version 2.3, I tried this whole week to make the transition of a new seed, but it always remained "pending" and never confirmed .

look here:

I probably found the reason for the problem - but it has not solved yet. A nice person on Slack channel helped me. I just post this in order to give people the information which facing the same problem.

The balance is showing zero because it's very likely sent to a foundation address. As far as I understood, this happend when you had an unconfirmed or double spend transaction while the snapshot was conducted. I remember that one of my last actions on v2.4 was that I sent a tx where I got notified that it is double spend (probably because there were some previous transactions which had not been confirmed at the time). Buy I sent anyway. I closed the account and days later I updated to 2.5.1.

So I assume that my credit is on the Foundation address. In the next days there should be a recovery tool released with which the balance can be restored.

Activity: 406
Merit: 253
September 25, 2017, 02:17:49 PM
Hi, I use the IOTA Mac Wallet since about a month, is there anything I need to to? Update, new download? Can I just use my seed to get access then?

Thank you in advance

Yes, upgrade to the new GUI v2.5.1 which was released just yesterday. If you don't want to miss important updates I recommend that you join the announcements room of the official slack group and/or the telegram news-only feed: https://t.me/iotatoken  
(I leave notifications on... nothing like getting a mandatory update alert at 4:00 a.m.  Cheesy )
Activity: 924
Merit: 556
September 25, 2017, 11:36:13 AM
I got my first IOTA in August 2016. I have kept them by today. In my country it is required to report incomings of crypto to the finance authority in order to legalize it and not being accused to do money laundry. I want to do this (don't worry, the expected tax is low compared to the value of IOTA). I tried to retrace my current IOTA back to August 2016 and failed. I think it is because the multiple transitions and the totally deleted tangle.

Can I retrace my current IOTA to August 2016 without having a gap like I can do on a blockchain?
Activity: 434
Merit: 255
September 25, 2017, 11:08:00 AM
This is a tiny analysis of the past 3 tangle snapshots from:

9th June
    8th August and
    22 September

I have used the official snapshots published on the IOTA’s forum for community validation. Below are some interesting findings:

The total amount of addresses with positive balance grew from 4080 in June to 22245 in August and 51886 in September. For the past 3 months this value more than doubled on monthly basis.

https://medium.com/@romansemko/update-on-iotas-network-growth-713edbebb51c
Activity: 146
Merit: 150
September 25, 2017, 10:36:43 AM
Some iota adoptions have been mentioned in this recent Iota Berlin meetup - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SVTOHdrsJ-U
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
September 25, 2017, 10:30:51 AM
There is also a list of addresses which were used too often and thus vulnerable: https://cdn.rawgit.com/schierlm/b5a15d337d8029791e0d9e572c4020bb/raw/0e5d76721723a957e9c4e4e3c567db0bb4aa7ddb/key_reuse.html

Reclaim procedure is in the works.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty
September 25, 2017, 08:53:29 AM
My opinion of IOTA is that it if great future project... I have some but think it will be time to buy more along the way. At this moment internet of things is not something we use massively in everyday life, but IOTA is making great foundations to be an industry leader in this area so as a long term investemt IOTA is real deal.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
September 25, 2017, 08:08:57 AM
I probably found the reason for the problem - but it has not solved yet. A nice person on Slack channel helped me. I just post this in order to give people the information which facing the same problem.

The balance is showing zero because it's very likely sent to a foundation address. As far as I understood, this happend when you had an unconfirmed or double spend transaction while the snapshot was conducted. I remember that one of my last actions on v2.4 was that I sent a tx where I got notified that it is double spend (probably because there were some previous transactions which had not been confirmed at the time). But I sent anyway. I closed the account and days later I updated to 2.5.1.

So I assume that my credit is on the Foundation address. In the next days there should be a recovery tool released with which the balance can be restored.

I already went to 2.4. Version I used before was 2.4. I am just applying the script you suggested, but I already created 100+ addresses now and still zero balance. I am sure I have never created more than 40 addresses with the same account on 2.4. This is very strange.

So you had your full balance when on 2.4 (and you did change your seed in the transition when moving to 2.4)?

Yes, I had my balance on 2.4. I did not change my seed. I stored it on several places and I compared all, so the seed is correct. Unfortunately, I do not know on which of the around 40 created addresses I received my IOTA months ago. So I could not check if the IOTA were tranferred ( I mean a probable hack ). Is it possible to see the total balance of all addresses of a particular seed outside the client, like on the tangle explorer?
Activity: 3
September 25, 2017, 06:15:45 AM
or maybe the flash network is just like the coordinator it will be taken down once mass adaption is achieved?
Activity: 596
Merit: 500
September 25, 2017, 05:39:52 AM
wouldn't flash channel hinders iota's tangle growth? as i understand the more people uses the iota network the faster it would become. Can the flash channel affect the network? thanks

good question. Deserve to be addressed in the channel #tanglemath of the slack.
Activity: 3
September 25, 2017, 04:53:55 AM
wouldn't flash channel hinders iota's tangle growth? as i understand the more people uses the iota network the faster it would become. Can the flash channel affect the network? thanks
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
September 25, 2017, 04:00:28 AM
Hi, I use the IOTA Mac Wallet since about a month, is there anything I need to to? Update, new download? Can I just use my seed to get access then?

Thank you in advance
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
September 25, 2017, 03:47:40 AM
generate/attach new address, and you will find your balance back soon.{keep regenerating address untill u see your balance)
[/quote]

Done, really thanks Smiley
Activity: 669
Merit: 520
September 25, 2017, 03:33:52 AM
I have a problem...i migrated to the 2.4 wallet and received my 2.0 Gi. I tried to send my Giota to bitfinex and it took forever, i tried to reattach the tangle and rebroadcast but nothing. Today, i open my wallet and the balance is 0, with 0 transfer and 0 adress. The seed is the right one (the new one after the migration)...my Iota are gone and they don't show up in the wallet or Bitfinex.
generate/attach new address, and you will find your balance back soon.{keep regenerating address untill u see your balance)
Activity: 66
September 25, 2017, 03:06:19 AM
I have a problem...i migrated to the 2.4 wallet and received my 2.0 Gi. I tried to send my Giota to bitfinex and it took forever, i tried to reattach the tangle and rebroadcast but nothing. Today, i open my wallet and the balance is 0, with 0 transfer and 0 adress. The seed is the right one (the new one after the migration)...my Iota are gone and they don't show up in the wallet or Bitfinex.
Activity: 28
September 25, 2017, 02:35:50 AM
It's a serious product. Need to wait some time to make profi
Activity: 207
Merit: 101
September 25, 2017, 12:39:47 AM
good job on the new IOTA wallet upgrade. I'm loving it.
Activity: 108
September 25, 2017, 12:32:57 AM
Do we mandatorily upgrade to new 2.5.1 wallet?
Activity: 229
Merit: 101
September 24, 2017, 09:14:59 PM
Really happy to see that Flash Channels have finally come live on IOTA. Flash is a bi-directional off-Tangle payment channel to enable instantaneous, high-throughput transactions. In essence, they provide a way for parties to transact at high frequency without waiting for each transaction to confirm on the public IOTA network. Instead, only two transactions will ever occur on the main IOTA network: opening and closing transactions of the Flash channel. An off-Tangle approach reduces the per-transaction overhead to a negligible level by creating signed transactions off the tangle and opens up a feeless transaction model for instant, token streaming.
Read and test it out here: https://blog.iota.org/instant-feeless-flash-channels-88572d9a4385
This is huge stuff! We don't need LN or Raiden anymore. We can use Flash Network TODAY. Market did not realise this yet
Yes, used this on two phones this afternoon. The chat was pretty much instant, but the 50 send (of the 2000) test-net IOTA was easy enough to send but the received may have taken awhile... Didn't actually see them after ten minutes so closed this test for today. Excellent job, incredible too that only Bitfinex trades.
Jump to: