Author

Topic: IOTA - page 213. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
September 21, 2017, 02:47:17 PM
I know, every coin has its fudsters, but I´m not technically able to analyze the programming components of coins so I have to trust the experts (there were 2 different comments on reddit a while ago from different nicknames)... Couldnt you explain a little in layman terms why that is FUD and why is it possible then to elaborate smart contracts for machines? Maybe it´s total FUD, I dont know, but usually those comments have some truth in them. Maybe it isn´t possible today, but with some upgrades it will be possible in the future? Thanks
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
September 21, 2017, 02:17:16 PM
Hi, guys. I´m researching IOTA, but stumbled upon some comment regarding that this coin is not suited for smart contracts, just as money transmitting. In that case it would compete with btc and feels quite difficult at the moment, I thought this one was for the IoT (machine to machine), so I guess smart contracts are needed. Any comments on that? Are they right?

There are a lot of FUDsters around IOTA, don't believe everyone's words.
Activity: 6
September 21, 2017, 02:01:46 PM
Hi, guys. I´m researching IOTA, but stumbled upon some comment regarding that this coin is not suited for smart contracts, just as money transmitting. In that case it would compete with btc and feels quite difficult at the moment, I thought this one was for the IoT (machine to machine), so I guess smart contracts are needed. Any comments on that? Are they right?
Activity: 18
September 21, 2017, 01:34:03 PM
Is there any main reason for the cheap price atm?

I guess im the 15648635 one who ask's this question, but i would be thankful for a little summary.

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
September 20, 2017, 09:08:58 AM

is it possible please to add another security level to the wallet, like google authenticator, maybe this will speed things a little bit and discourage scam attempts even more ?!
devs please, would be a relieving factor for us !
thank you !

Oh so much Security? Remember even on a windows desktop AutoIt would allow pasting the Google Auth Codes into the wallet interface. But people would just create a patch for the wallet's source and compile their very own version featuring no discouragements whatsoever.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
Activity: 34
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Activity: 577
Merit: 500
September 19, 2017, 11:44:10 AM
Hello,
I attached new address ZUSZ9WURTHLYHW9DMZBCMOVZGYCJMUODUYCYSRJUNYZCZP99EEEWLGTHVFKHINHIFBGOOWM9CYWM9XB WAEFNUHIXHA in my wallet in 15/09/2017.
And still it hangs in Pending status.
What should I do with it?
How to reattach it?

Addresses dont need to be confirmed, you can receive funds, no problem.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
September 19, 2017, 11:38:39 AM
Hello,
I attached new address ZUSZ9WURTHLYHW9DMZBCMOVZGYCJMUODUYCYSRJUNYZCZP99EEEWLGTHVFKHINHIFBGOOWM9CYWM9XB WAEFNUHIXHA in my wallet in 15/09/2017.
And still it hangs in Pending status.
What should I do with it?
How to reattach it?

Activity: 35
Merit: 10
TEU - bitcoin for shipping ICO: 15/Mar - 12/Apr
September 19, 2017, 10:10:36 AM
I too am waiting for IOTA pump. Given Bitfinex bit off this chunk of home-rolled code, they must believe in it. One day after the 'aunts' have organized, a new hive mind will take the price higher. A smidgen of IOTA is just what we need to keep the wheels turning. To the HODLers go the spoils.
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
September 19, 2017, 06:09:43 AM
What do you guys think about new Bitfinex project -Smigden  https://github.com/bitfinexcom/smidgen ??
Activity: 245
Merit: 101
September 19, 2017, 12:03:55 AM
This is long long time project so don't worry about exchanges... That is not important, it will come in time...

you obviously haven't been keeping up on the Iota slack I can tell. Big conglomerates testing Iota?  Lips sealed
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
September 18, 2017, 06:29:43 PM
its not even fully developed. calm down and look out for exchanges in 1 year or more
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty
September 18, 2017, 05:29:58 PM
This is long long time project so don't worry about exchanges... That is not important, it will come in time...
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 8633
icarus-cards.eu
September 18, 2017, 09:16:07 AM
When will IOTA be listed on other exchanges?

No one knows. But you could also see this as an opportunity to continue to buy relatively cheap.

It's funny to think most people asking for exchanges have no idea about it. The moment IOTA get listed on multiple trading platforms, the relatively cheap price would never be the same again.

maybe is coinlink the next exchange which will be add IOTA to his portfolio
Activity: 10
September 18, 2017, 09:02:59 AM
Is anyone running the web app network spammer to help transactions on the IOTa network?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/6zcrj3/want_to_help_the_iota_network_i_made_a_simple/

Edit: I guess there aren't much IOTA fans left here.

If you want to help the IOTA network, there is a tool now to help confirm more transactions. It can be run in a browser by downloading a zip and running it on your PC (in a browser).

It may take the interest of the IOTA crowd from the vulnerability discussion for a moment.

See for more details: https://steemit.com/iota/@wekkel/iota-transaction-spammer-help-the-network
[/queote]

is it possible please to add another security level to the wallet, like google authenticator, maybe this will speed things a little bit and discourage scam attempts even more ?!
devs please, would be a relieving factor for us !
thank you !
Activity: 317
Merit: 317
September 18, 2017, 06:58:54 AM

No one knows. But you could also see this as an opportunity to continue to buy relatively cheap.

It's funny to think most people asking for exchanges have no idea about it. The moment IOTA get listed on multiple trading platforms, the relatively cheap price would never be the same again.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
September 18, 2017, 06:42:44 AM

Activity: 322
Merit: 103
September 18, 2017, 04:46:56 AM
Jump to: