Author

Topic: IOTA - page 212. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
September 22, 2017, 04:08:45 PM
Hi! What do you think about Ethereum Raiden network?? Is it competitor for IOTA?? It will grow faster as the number of users goes higher, used for micro transactions and IoT transactions, as per Raiden devs... Can somebody clear this out??
if it has transaction fees it is not a threat to IOTA
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
September 22, 2017, 02:00:43 PM
Hi! What do you think about Ethereum Raiden network?? Is it competitor for IOTA?? It will grow faster as the number of users goes higher, used for micro transactions and IoT transactions, as per Raiden devs... Can somebody clear this out??
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
September 22, 2017, 12:54:56 PM
Hi, I made a transaction 8 hours ago and it is still pending as shown in the picture. Anyone knows what is going on?

https://gyazo.com/5ef92a122782a5df85da3b2576a3d4aa

Click "show bundle" and click the reattach to do the reattachment once every 30 minutes until getting confirmed.You also can try other host servers in the meantime.

On my experience it is more advised to stick with one node, and reattaching two or three times a day. My maximum was 21 retries but than it succeded. And I made that mistake of constantly hopping nodes.
Bitfinex sends you mostly to same node depending on your IP. If you are somewhat located in between equal distance for two nodes, and your provider gives you a new IP every twentyfour hours, you are running right into that scenario.
Guess people who run a full node dont even know about issues.

Wallet should get an automatic reattach mode, on a configureable timer.

Snapshot "tomorrow" technically that is now. Where will that clearance signal pop up that snapshot has finished?
Activity: 146
Merit: 150
September 22, 2017, 09:06:02 AM
Hi, I made a transaction 8 hours ago and it is still pending as shown in the picture. Anyone knows what is going on?

Click "show bundle" and click the reattach to do the reattachment once every 30 minutes until getting confirmed.You also can try other host servers in the meantime.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
September 22, 2017, 08:57:12 AM

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
September 22, 2017, 04:49:46 AM
Will in future also regularly be a snapshot to get rid of the holes in the tangle, or when do you think we will have the "final" tangle?
I guess its obvious, that these claiming procedures makes it kind of impossible to be an enterprise solution yet.

In the future we will add Swarm logic that works even with holes.

IOTA never ceases to amaze me!

Best crypto ever!
Activity: 44
September 22, 2017, 04:47:05 AM
We will keep this community informed over the next weeks.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
September 22, 2017, 03:49:05 AM
Will in future also regularly be a snapshot to get rid of the holes in the tangle, or when do you think we will have the "final" tangle?
I guess its obvious, that these claiming procedures makes it kind of impossible to be an enterprise solution yet.

In the future we will add Swarm logic that works even with holes.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020
expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()
September 22, 2017, 02:22:34 AM
Sometimes it is very hard to get a transaction confirmed. Four days ago I send a smal amount of IOTA (around 0.1 GI) to exchange address. I had waited several hours but the transaction did not confirm. So I rebroadcasted and reattached the tx without success. I repeated this several times. By today the transaction have not been confirmed. What can I do?

Wait for the snapshot (scheduled for tomorrow), this will help the nodes to get rid of the holes in the tangle.

Activity: 245
Merit: 101
September 21, 2017, 10:55:11 PM
This coin is incredibly cheap atm. The next bull market we will see this explode into the atmosphere. Here are a few announcements that are coming up that I think you should be aware of:

1. New full redesigned and developed GUI Wallet
2. The ability for private transactions
3. New exchanges (possibly Binance and Bittrex)
4. They have hired over 30 new employees to their IOTA Foundation and are continuing to hire and scale their foundation at an incredible rate
5. New Snapshot update tomorrow
6. Lots of new partnerships in the works (Rumored: Bosch, VW, Ford etc.)
7. New Website and branding coming at the end of the year

This coin has a very bright future. Already has surpassed Monero on CMC at #8. Buy now and watch this thing soar
Activity: 42
September 21, 2017, 10:44:41 PM
I have the same  but my balance is showing fine.
Activity: 486
Merit: 250
September 21, 2017, 08:59:27 PM
Is it even astronomically impossible for IOTA to be added into Cryptopia and NovaExchange? Many are asking me and also I myself wanted to have this be added to other exchanges as well. That would greatly help those who currently do not have easy access to IOTA access it easily.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
September 21, 2017, 07:55:51 PM
Sometimes it is very hard to get a transaction confirmed. Four days ago I send a smal amount of IOTA (around 0.1 GI) to exchange address. I had waited several hours but the transaction did not confirm. So I rebroadcasted and reattached the tx without success. I repeated this several times. By today the transaction have not been confirmed. What can I do?

Wait for the snapshot (scheduled for tomorrow), this will help the nodes to get rid of the holes in the tangle.

What about community funded public (or even privately funded for profit) archival nodes that our clients could reach out to any time they encountered such "holes" or were assured by their operators that such "holes" surely must exist? I wont claim to have fully understood the whitepaper. But I like to think that I kind of understood the gist of it well enough. And it was always my interpretation that such a thing would be needed.

Also I had this impression that it may be helpful for people who are sending a transaction to also send with it a pedigree. (Sorry for such a niche word to someone who isn't a native English speaker but it really is the right word for the situation I think)
September 21, 2017, 07:49:11 PM
I heard the news about Trusted IoT Alliance created couple of days ago. IOTA is one of the members. Will it help for the project? And another member is Ledger. Will we see IOTA in the Ledger wallet in the future??

Yes.
Yes.
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
September 21, 2017, 05:12:30 PM
I heard the news about Trusted IoT Alliance created couple of days ago. IOTA is one of the members. Will it help for the project? And another member is Ledger. Will we see IOTA in the Ledger wallet in the future??
legendary
September 21, 2017, 04:47:50 PM

Activity: 143
Merit: 90
September 21, 2017, 04:44:43 PM
September 21, 2017, 04:08:53 PM
I know, every coin has its fudsters, but I´m not technically able to analyze the programming components of coins so I have to trust the experts (there were 2 different comments on reddit a while ago from different nicknames)... Couldnt you explain a little in layman terms why that is FUD and why is it possible then to elaborate smart contracts for machines? Maybe it´s total FUD, I dont know, but usually those comments have some truth in them. Maybe it isn´t possible today, but with some upgrades it will be possible in the future? Thanks

Or just tell whoever told you so that IOTA has solved the timestamp issue in Tangle and they will know - http://iota.org/timestamps.pdf
legendary
September 21, 2017, 03:54:17 PM
I know, every coin has its fudsters, but I´m not technically able to analyze the programming components of coins so I have to trust the experts (there were 2 different comments on reddit a while ago from different nicknames)... Couldnt you explain a little in layman terms why that is FUD and why is it possible then to elaborate smart contracts for machines? Maybe it´s total FUD, I dont know, but usually those comments have some truth in them. Maybe it isn´t possible today, but with some upgrades it will be possible in the future? Thanks

I can't explain it in layman terms unfortunately.
Activity: 11
September 21, 2017, 03:42:41 PM
Is there any main reason for the cheap price atm?

I guess im the 15648635 one who ask's this question, but i would be thankful for a little summary.

Most likely news from MIT and Boston University discovering vulnerabilities combined with the overall downtrend in crypto. Some information presented by the researchers was misrepresented according to IOTA. https://blog.iota.org/curl-disclosure-beyond-the-headline-1814048d08ef
Jump to: