Author

Topic: IOTA - page 246. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100
August 13, 2017, 05:31:08 AM
I think we're entering a time when Crypto's will be regulated to death Cry... It's almost impossible to cashout BTC without an IRS audit.

Dont know how it works here you live, but if this will get in the same line as stocks(Maybe not a bad idea for now, but utterly retarded if it become a widely used currency to buy stuff and price stabilize), if you pay taxes on earnings, you are also eligable for less taxes(36% of the loss back) if you sell before new years.

I think we have to start using Localbitcoins more and more in future to do offline cashouts from BTC. Exchanges are being monitored by the tax man looking for people who do large bank transfers. It's not safe anymore. Better to find some guy on LBC, meet up some place and exchange BTC in return for cash.
August 13, 2017, 05:24:15 AM
How can I recover my IOTA without computer? I don't have computer and I think without computer or laptop it is not possible to Transition........any ideas? Angry Angry Angry Angry

Well buy a computer. Who the hell does not have a computer in this day and age? You can get a used one for 200 bucks.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
August 13, 2017, 04:55:08 AM
How can I recover my IOTA without computer? I don't have computer and I think without computer or laptop it is not possible to Transition........any ideas? Angry Angry Angry Angry
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Coinhoarder
August 13, 2017, 04:09:06 AM
I think we're entering a time when Crypto's will be regulated to death Cry... It's almost impossible to cashout BTC without an IRS audit.

Dont know how it works here you live, but if this will get in the same line as stocks(Maybe not a bad idea for now, but utterly retarded if it become a widely used currency to buy stuff and price stabilize), if you pay taxes on earnings, you are also eligable for less taxes(36% of the loss back) if you sell before new years.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
August 13, 2017, 03:32:09 AM

No it's one of the worst crypto articles I've ever read.
legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
August 13, 2017, 03:30:47 AM
How long it takes to see my balance after transition process ? Do i have to create new adresses like last time after the upgrade ?

When you read the instructions, you know everything.

I have read the instructions , from the blog post " Once you’ve done that, you will be preparing and making the transaction which involves doing the Proof of Work. After that is completed, you can now login with your new seed and your balance will most likely be confirmed within a few minutes." I've done the process almost half hour ago and still see zero balance , is it normal ?

Go to "History" in the wallet. You should see your balance as "pending". Click "show bundle" -> "reattach". Wait for 30min and it should get confirmed (usually after 1-2min). If not, reattach agsin.
legendary
Activity: 1225
August 13, 2017, 03:28:45 AM
IOTA sucks...

I'll to tell you how ro recover your iotas, once you change your attitude.
Activity: 1111
Merit: 588
August 13, 2017, 02:33:40 AM
How long it takes to see my balance after transition process ? Do i have to create new adresses like last time after the upgrade ?

I have read the instructions , from the blog post " Once you’ve done that, you will be preparing and making the transaction which involves doing the Proof of Work. After that is completed, you can now login with your new seed and your balance will most likely be confirmed within a few minutes." I've done the process almost half hour ago and still see zero balance , is it normal ?
legendary
Activity: 2698
Merit: 1177
Reflinks und User die solche posten sind Scheisse
August 13, 2017, 02:19:48 AM

Activity: 1111
Merit: 588
August 13, 2017, 02:09:22 AM
legendary
Activity: 2698
Merit: 1177
Reflinks und User die solche posten sind Scheisse
August 13, 2017, 02:08:37 AM
I think IOTA sucks......................I login into my IOTA wallet after 9-10 days and there is zero IOTA in my Wallet. What the hell happened I don't know.

Follow the instructions:

https://blog.iota.org/new-gui-transition-phase-explained-b536ed80f412
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
August 13, 2017, 02:00:18 AM
I think IOTA sucks......................I login into my IOTA wallet after 9-10 days and there is zero IOTA in my Wallet. What the hell happened I don't know.
August 12, 2017, 11:48:18 PM

I read the entire article but still can't figure out why he is mad at IOTA.
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
August 12, 2017, 10:13:10 PM
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
August 12, 2017, 07:14:05 PM
I've got a question before doing the transition of my balance. I just installed the new version (2.4) on my machine and I am going to following this tutorial https://blog.iota.org/new-gui-transition-phase-explained-b536ed80f412
Is it a problem to use the old seed as the new seed? My old seed already meets the requirements of 81 characters with only capital letters and number 9. I am asking because I stored the old seed on several secureplaces and if I choose a new one I need to update each place with the new seed.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Yes, it is required to use a new seed. You must use a new seed.
Activity: 924
Merit: 556
August 12, 2017, 06:50:04 PM
I've got a question before doing the transition of my balance. I just installed the new version (2.4) on my machine and I am going to following this tutorial https://blog.iota.org/new-gui-transition-phase-explained-b536ed80f412

Is it a problem to use the old seed as the new seed? My old seed already meets the requirements of 81 characters with only capital letters and number 9. I am asking because I stored the old seed on several secure places and if I choose a new one I need to update each place with the new seed.

Thanks in advance for your help!
legendary
Activity: 1344
August 12, 2017, 03:44:40 PM
Does anyone know anything about jinn and how it's tied in with iota?

JINN is ternary cpu for internet of things. IOTA is the transaction layer for this system. It's hardware plus software.
Imagine destributed supercomputer build of tens of thousands JINNs all over the world. JINNs suppose to communicate via iota network. Send messages for free and trade data and electricty/cpu time for iotas.
Activity: 183
August 12, 2017, 03:23:40 PM
Does anyone know anything about jinn and how it's tied in with iota?
GMK
Activity: 61
August 12, 2017, 03:21:16 PM
Hi all
I already know this info: https://blog.iota.org/new-gui-transition-phase-explained-b536ed80f412
but when I try to recover, the new 2.4.0 version shows me the error "seed too long"; indeed my seed is of 90 characters...what to do? is there a way to adjust or convert a seed too long?
thanks in advance

The maximum length is 81 chars. If you take out the last 9 chars out of your 90 chars you will be fine.
Good. How many attempts? How many address do I have to list before to see my balance? 100 thousands?  Grin

are you waiting for your balance to show after the transition? NO, I am waiting for somebody who explain me how to restore/recover my balance from an old seed of 90 characters

What does it show in history? anything, I can't see anything as I can't load anything with this v.2.4.0
Activity: 67
August 12, 2017, 02:21:08 PM

Really? I've spoke multiple bitcoin tax attorneys and they all say not one person has been audited by the IRS for bitcoin earnings. So are you just making this up?

Not making it up. Look up "John Doe summons"... The IRS wants Coinbase to release information on who's buying bitcoin, so they can tax you for "Capital Gains".

https://www.ethnews.com/irs-john-doe-summons-to-coinbase-users-spurs-congressional-response

Jump to: