Author

Topic: IOTA - page 247. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
August 12, 2017, 12:21:04 PM
Hi all
I already know this info: https://blog.iota.org/new-gui-transition-phase-explained-b536ed80f412
but when I try to recover, the new 2.4.0 version shows me the error "seed too long"; indeed my seed is of 90 characters...what to do? is there a way to adjust or convert a seed too long?
thanks in advance

The maximum length is 81 chars. If you take out the last 9 chars out of your 90 chars you will be fine.
Good. How many attempts? How many address do I have to list before to see my balance? 100 thousands?  Grin

are you waiting for your balance to show after the transition?

What does it show in history?
GMK
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
August 12, 2017, 12:10:11 PM
Hi all
I already know this info: https://blog.iota.org/new-gui-transition-phase-explained-b536ed80f412
but when I try to recover, the new 2.4.0 version shows me the error "seed too long"; indeed my seed is of 90 characters...what to do? is there a way to adjust or convert a seed too long?
thanks in advance

The maximum length is 81 chars. If you take out the last 9 chars out of your 90 chars you will be fine.
Good. How many attempts? How many address do I have to list before to see my balance? 100 thousands?  Grin
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
August 12, 2017, 12:05:37 PM
Why can't we get this coin listed on Bittrex? Is there something holding us back?

Would like to request on behalf of the Chinese community as well. Will be nice if you can partner up with one of the bigger exchanges in China that feature coins other than BTC, ETH and LTC like BTER and Jubi. Bit520 is rarely used here. 
That'll be amazing if someone alone could create partner..
GMK
August 12, 2017, 12:03:21 PM
Errors while setting up new wallet and resolution:

"Invalid Seed" Error:
  • Type all of the letters in UPPER case.
  • If your old seed was longer than 81 characters, only type in the first 81 characters to this text box.
  • If your old seed had numbers other than "9", or any spaces, those were automatically converted to the number "9" by the old wallet - you'll need to enter those characters as "9" in the text box here.
"Seed is too short" Error:
If your old seed was shorter than 81 characters, type the full seed in AND THEN fill in the remaining characters with "9" until the 81 character threshold is reached.
"Seed is too long" Error:
If your old seed was longer than 81 characters, then use first 81 characters of the old seed.
"Invalid Hash" Error:
Click the button that says "Invalid Hash Error" and try to search again. 'Click through' the invalid hash error 5 or 10 times and it should disappear. If it does not, switch hosts by going to "Tools" > "Edit Node Configuration" > select a new host from the drop down menu. Exit and reopen the wallet to try again with the new host. Repeat this process (continue switching hosts) until the invalid hash error disappears.

ok but how many attempts to refresh the incomplete balance? 500 addresses still ZERO
Activity: 210
Merit: 101
Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto
August 12, 2017, 11:54:17 AM
Hi all

thanks in advance

If you are on Windows, go to "Tools". If you are on Mac go to "preferences".  Either way, from there go to "Options". There is an option to allow a short seed.
Done. Nothing has changed, same error message "seed too long". Option is to allow a short seed, not a long one.

damn thats a bad error. you could try deleting number 9 in your seed and see if you can get it down to 81 characters. as far as I understand IOTA uses 9 to fill up short seeds. so maybe deleting the 9 works too? it wont work i assume, but just try . maybe it works.
doesn't work, even because deleting all 9s it becomes a 83-char seed

I just posted this information few posts above, you should try this first as its from official channel. Thanks.

"Invalid Seed" Error:
1. Type all of the letters in UPPER case.
2. If your old seed was longer than 81 characters, only type in the first 81 characters to this text box.
3. If your old seed had numbers other than "9", or any spaces, those were automatically converted to the number "9" by the old wallet - you'll need to enter those characters as "9" in the text box here.

If your old seed was longer than 81 characters, then use first 81 characters of the old seed.
GMK
August 12, 2017, 11:49:03 AM
Hi all

thanks in advance

If you are on Windows, go to "Tools". If you are on Mac go to "preferences".  Either way, from there go to "Options". There is an option to allow a short seed.
Done. Nothing has changed, same error message "seed too long". Option is to allow a short seed, not a long one.

damn thats a bad error. you could try deleting number 9 in your seed and see if you can get it down to 81 characters. as far as I understand IOTA uses 9 to fill up short seeds. so maybe deleting the 9 works too? it wont work i assume, but just try . maybe it works.
doesn't work, even because deleting all 9s it becomes a 83-char seed
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
August 12, 2017, 11:24:11 AM
Why can't we get this coin listed on Bittrex? Is there something holding us back?

Would like to request on behalf of the Chinese community as well. Will be nice if you can partner up with one of the bigger exchanges in China that feature coins other than BTC, ETH and LTC like BTER and Jubi. Bit520 is rarely used here. 
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
August 12, 2017, 07:46:02 AM
Hi all
thanks in advance

Activity: 308
Merit: 100
August 12, 2017, 07:14:07 AM
August 12, 2017, 07:02:11 AM

"Invalid Seed" Error:
  • Type all of the letters in UPPER case.
  • If your old seed was longer than 81 characters, only type in the first 81 characters to this text box.
  • If your old seed had numbers other than "9", or any spaces, those were automatically converted to the number "9" by the old wallet - you'll need to enter those characters as "9" in the text box here.
"Seed is too short" Error:
If your old seed was shorter than 81 characters, type the full seed in AND THEN fill in the remaining characters with "9" until the 81 character threshold is reached.
"Invalid Hash" Error:
Click the button that says "Invalid Hash Error" and try to search again. 'Click through' the invalid hash error 5 or 10 times and it should disappear. If it does not, switch hosts by going to "Tools" > "Edit Node Configuration" > select a new host from the drop down menu. Exit and reopen the wallet to try again with the new host. Repeat this process (continue switching hosts) until the invalid hash error disappears.
Activity: 191
August 12, 2017, 06:26:51 AM
Hi all

thanks in advance

GMK
August 12, 2017, 06:15:57 AM
Hi all

thanks in advance

Activity: 588
Merit: 251
EVOS
August 12, 2017, 05:42:38 AM
I think we're entering a time when Crypto's will be regulated to death Cry... It's almost impossible to cashout BTC without an IRS audit.

Really? I've spoke multiple bitcoin tax attorneys and they all say not one person has been audited by the IRS for bitcoin earnings. So are you just making this up?
I really hope that more will.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
August 12, 2017, 05:38:29 AM
I think we're entering a time when Crypto's will be regulated to death Cry... It's almost impossible to cashout BTC without an IRS audit.

Really? I've spoke multiple bitcoin tax attorneys and they all say not one person has been audited by the IRS for bitcoin earnings. So are you just making this up?
Activity: 196
August 12, 2017, 03:56:57 AM

Regulated to death in U.S. Smiley Solution: Make good money with crypto and get new residency outside U.S. Cheesy  Roll Eyes
August 12, 2017, 01:12:36 AM
Hello Team,
I just downloaded and performed the new IOTA Wallet installation. In the transition window, its asking for Seed and after I enter my old light wallet seed it shows message "Invalid Seed".
I was able to login to my old Light IOTA wallet without any trouble last week.

Please advice how can I overcome this. Thank you

Resolved this issue. Followed what devs mentioned in this guide item 4. Really helpful and detailed guide:

https://matthewwinstonjohnson.gitbooks.io/iota-guide-and-faq/getting-started/guide-transition.html

Hope it helps other too Smiley
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
August 12, 2017, 12:31:37 AM
hello team is very good project iota good luck
August 12, 2017, 12:28:22 AM
Hello Team,
I just downloaded and performed the new IOTA Wallet installation. In the transition window, its asking for Seed and after I enter my old light wallet seed it shows message "Invalid Seed".
I was able to login to my old Light IOTA wallet without any trouble last week.

Please advice how can I overcome this. Thank you
Activity: 67
August 11, 2017, 11:40:35 PM
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
August 11, 2017, 09:17:21 PM
Hi all

thanks in advance

Jump to: