Author

Topic: IOTA - page 261. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 711
Merit: 204
July 27, 2017, 06:14:59 PM
I still have an eye on IOTA since months, but I am too much into Byteball. It definitely makes more since to hold all my btc (or even buy more) and get free byteballs, than sell a little bit and buy IOTA instead.

But I think, when the Byteball giveaway ends, there can be a little switch over to IOTA. And that will be the point where I maybe start to invest a little bit.
Is there a date for the ending of the giveaway?
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
July 27, 2017, 05:55:43 PM
I still have an eye on IOTA since months, but I am too much into Byteball. It definitely makes more since to hold all my btc (or even buy more) and get free byteballs, than sell a little bit and buy IOTA instead.

But I think, when the Byteball giveaway ends, there can be a little switch over to IOTA. And that will be the point where I maybe start to invest a little bit.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
July 27, 2017, 05:35:46 PM
Why is this project so popular? Are people seeing future growth potential or believe they would use the service themselves?

It's popular because it is *not* a blockchain.  It is distinctly different than all other crypto-currencies.  Like really, really different.  And it does not suffer from the problems that everything based on a blockchain has.

That said, it's still quite early, and the jury is out if the actual network meets the hype and marketing sales pitch we have all heard to date.

For me, it's the first alt-coin I have taken any real interest in because it is such a unique technology.
July 27, 2017, 05:12:58 PM
Why is this project so popular? Are people seeing future growth potential or believe they would use the service themselves?
Both I guess, also big companys like Cisgo, Bosch, Innogy, Microsoft etc. developing real life use cases pushing it.
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
July 27, 2017, 05:08:01 PM

Because of its real world adoption - https://forum.iota.org/t/publicly-announced-iota-real-world-projects-tracker/1820

And IoT has a trillion dollar market to explore. There is a chance, who knows, and this chance multiplied by trillions of dollars is worth some good amount of money.
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
July 27, 2017, 05:06:07 PM
I withdrew some IOTAs from Bitfinex. And I see this transaction in pending status in my wallet. If I click on Show bundle it shows Bundle details and two buttons: Reattach and Rebroadcast. What do they do? Should I click on them or not? And why is my transaction taking so long? Please explain. Thank you!

push the reattach button
I did, now I've got two similar pending transactions.

Only one will get confirmed. Just wait.
July 27, 2017, 05:05:13 PM

Because of its real world adoption - https://forum.iota.org/t/publicly-announced-iota-real-world-projects-tracker/1820
Activity: 9
July 27, 2017, 05:05:03 PM
I withdrew some IOTAs from Bitfinex. And I see this transaction in pending status in my wallet. If I click on Show bundle it shows Bundle details and two buttons: Reattach and Rebroadcast. What do they do? Should I click on them or not? And why is my transaction taking so long? Please explain. Thank you!

push the reattach button
I did, now I've got two similar pending transactions.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 8633
icarus-cards.eu
July 27, 2017, 05:00:57 PM

push the reattach button
copper member
Activity: 50
July 27, 2017, 04:54:50 PM
Activity: 9
July 27, 2017, 04:50:11 PM
July 27, 2017, 04:46:50 PM
whats the website of "Trusted ID Alliance" ¿?

It is trusted IOT Alliance
https://www.trustediot.org/

Or decentralized identity alliance
https://decentralized-identity.github.io/
July 27, 2017, 04:39:13 PM
I consider to buy IOTA, but I still have problems to understand it fully. I read about Carpass project and about Satoshipay what plans to switch from Bitcoin's blockchain to IOTA's tangle.
If I got it correctly, Carpass allows to observe cars by writing data into tangle, but how can data be stored? And if there is no need to pay fees, what value does IOTA tokens have? If I create a transactions with no fee, why do I need to own IOTA tokens then?

The data is stored in the Tangle which is the distributed ledger for IOTA. Basically you can do two things with IOTA, transferring data and transferring values(coins) with no transaction fees for both. When you do economic and business activities such as buying and selling resources (like data, storage, computing power) in the IOTA network which you can look as a marketplace, you need the iotacoins as the currency to settle the transactions (make the payment) although there is no transaction fees. So the more business activities, the higher demand of iotacoins, the higher value of iotacoins, based on the supply and demand relationship.
Activity: 262
July 27, 2017, 04:25:35 PM
whats the website of "Trusted ID Alliance" ¿?
Activity: 322
July 27, 2017, 03:42:10 PM
I consider to buy IOTA, but I still have problems to understand it fully. I read about Carpass project and about Satoshipay what plans to switch from Bitcoin's blockchain to IOTA's tangle.
If I got it correctly, Carpass allows to observe cars by writing data into tangle, but how can data be stored? And if there is no need to pay fees, what value does IOTA tokens have? If I create a transactions with no fee, why do I need to own IOTA tokens then?
July 27, 2017, 03:08:20 PM
The early investors had to claim their IOTA tokens during an update a long time ago. Some people missed to do this and now are waiting for their tokens. But no token was lost or something they just have to wait a bit longer to get their tokens now. I guess people are just angry about theirself because they failed to do the one thing they were asked to do and can't start trading instantly. Now they are trying to blame the devs for their own mistakes. This is the typical behaviour of people who are not taking responsibility for their own actions.
This is the official announcement from the founder of IOTA on the slack channel regaring this topic:

*Regarding Manual Claims*

If you are one of the few people left that hasn't yet received your manual claim, you have no reason to worry. As stated repeatedly: if you have sent a manual claim mail to [email protected] by July 11th, then you will receive your iotas as soon as we can process them.

There is no reason to not believe this statement, the devs have been very transparent and communicated everything very clear. Everybody will get their IOTA.
Activity: 645
Merit: 487
July 27, 2017, 02:52:57 PM
Sorry for my question: what's going on about the "iota claims" lawsuit? Is it a simple gossip/rumour or not?
We'd like to see an official explanation for avoiding any misunderstandings.
Thank you in advance.

There is no such thing. It is a fake news. This is crypto world. Never automatically believe anything before you can verify it with facts. If someone told you such a thing, you can simple ask them what is the link to the court notice and what is the link to the lawyer's website. If they can't provide the facts they are just lying about it.

https://forum.iota.org/t/snapshot-validation-period-9th-june-2017/1497/81

As per your suggestion I made some researches and I found out this link. Not exactly what heard, but what is it about? Where is the truth? Please somebody's explaining us in a simple way what's going on. I invested in IOTA and I DO need to know all!
Activity: 4
July 27, 2017, 01:16:02 PM
Hello everyone,

I have a question as a newbie:

I just bought some IOTA on Bitfinex and they are on my exchange wallet on Bitfinex. Is it necessary to transfer them to an IOTA Wallet? Or is it also safe to keep them on Bitfinex?

Thanks for your help.

it is preferable to transfer to a IOTA address you own the seed.

agree. download the wallet from https://github.com/iotaledger/wallet/releases install the right version and generate at https://knarz.github.io/seedgen/ your own IOAT seed.
log to the wallet with your new seed and transfer your iota tokens from bitfinex to your light wallet

Thanks for the help!
legendary
Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001
July 27, 2017, 11:45:54 AM
Seems like this coin has wethered the storm better than all other coins including the king bitcoin.

Look at the chart on bloomberg! Shocked

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-26/what-s-next-for-crypto-coins-as-sec-tames-wild-west-of-finance

All others went down and even Gnosis/Ripple/Ethereum went to negatives. Sad
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 8633
icarus-cards.eu
July 27, 2017, 11:41:05 AM
Hello everyone,

I have a question as a newbie:

I just bought some IOTA on Bitfinex and they are on my exchange wallet on Bitfinex. Is it necessary to transfer them to an IOTA Wallet? Or is it also safe to keep them on Bitfinex?

Thanks for your help.

it is preferable to transfer to a IOTA address you own the seed.

agree. download the wallet from https://github.com/iotaledger/wallet/releases install the right version and generate at https://knarz.github.io/seedgen/ your own IOAT seed.
log to the wallet with your new seed and transfer your iota tokens from bitfinex to your light wallet
Jump to: