Author

Topic: IOTA - page 258. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 100
August 03, 2017, 08:29:02 AM

can you make a little summary plz? The sound is bad and I find Vitalik hard to understand when not English speaker.

he said he sold his eth stake to buy into Iota on release because he missed ICO, that's why eth went down so hard and Iota started in top 10

I reviewed the video. He never said that. A bit of FUD?

He did say that he was not up to speed on IOTA. An audience member mentioned a certain algo that IOTA apparently uses, and he indicated that it was not a "cure all." But again, he does not know enough about IOTA to make an informed comment. He admitted that. He also admitted that they are still working to improve the security or smart contract issues, with Ethereum.
It was clearly a joke. So what did he say, that it was promising? Does that mean I should blindly buy these tokens?
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
August 03, 2017, 08:15:24 AM

can you make a little summary plz? The sound is bad and I find Vitalik hard to understand when not English speaker.

he said he sold his eth stake to buy into Iota on release because he missed ICO, that's why eth went down so hard and Iota started in top 10

I reviewed the video. He never said that. A bit of FUD?

He did say that he was not up to speed on IOTA. An audience member mentioned a certain algo that IOTA apparently uses, and he indicated that it was not a "cure all." But again, he does not know enough about IOTA to make an informed comment. He admitted that. He also admitted that they are still working to improve the security or smart contract issues, with Ethereum.
Activity: 196
August 03, 2017, 05:56:15 AM

Why then IOTA still so cheap ahahah Cheesy? This is one more coin I need to include in my portfolio Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
August 02, 2017, 08:46:12 PM

Activity: 763
Merit: 500
August 02, 2017, 07:11:28 AM

Basically he said that he did not study IOTA enough and was not able to make comments on IOTA.
Activity: 596
August 02, 2017, 03:54:22 AM

Activity: 262
August 01, 2017, 10:36:23 PM
Activity: 251
August 01, 2017, 08:23:00 PM
This is not a price breakout.

It's assimilation.

Resistance is futile. Grin
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000
August 01, 2017, 02:10:47 PM
http://iotaindex.com

IOTA Index lists every IOTA website you need to know about. Hopefully it will be useful!  Smiley
Activity: 656
August 01, 2017, 01:53:52 PM
Another price breakout, this time for real?  Cool
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
August 01, 2017, 11:34:50 AM
IOTA not Bitcoin: interview with SatoshiPay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPOFoyR-Xug
Activity: 763
August 01, 2017, 07:26:38 AM
Blockchain distributed ledgers VS non blockchain distributed ledgers - https://cryptoinsider.com/blockchains-suck/
Activity: 262
July 31, 2017, 10:51:47 PM
Please indicate whether any online web wallet for iota. I would be grateful

https://www.iota-wallet.org/wallets/login
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
July 31, 2017, 06:46:47 PM
Iota go
legendary
Activity: 1792
July 31, 2017, 01:51:28 PM
Some useful resources on IOTA Support for newcomers:

List of light wallet servers to connect to: http://iotasupport.com/lightwallet.shtml

Wallet knowledgebase: http://iotasupport.com/walletknowledgebase.shtml

Detail on how addresses are used: http://iotasupport.com/how-addresses-are-used-in-IOTA.shtml

How to buy IOTA: http://iotasupport.com/buyingiotaotc.shtml
Activity: 711
Merit: 204
July 31, 2017, 01:16:32 PM
I checked Android wallet which I use but did not find the function to "reattach" there. Could you please update the wallet with this function. Right now I hold the coins at Bitfinex but would like to withdraw them to Android wallet when Iota system develops further and becomes more stable.

You can just log in with your Seed to one of the desktop wallets, it has the reattaching function there.
Activity: 228
July 31, 2017, 09:51:45 AM
I checked Android wallet which I use but did not find the function to "reattach" there. Could you please update the wallet with this function. Right now I hold the coins at Bitfinex but would like to withdraw them to Android wallet when Iota system develops further and becomes more stable.
Activity: 840
Twitter: @FedKassad
July 31, 2017, 08:48:54 AM
IOTA will probably dump a little in the next 20 hours before recovering some last ground after the BCC fork. Pretty tempted to sell and buy back myself for the "free" BCC but suspecting it might not be worth the effort especially if large potential IOTA buyers are lurking in the shadows for this precise situation.
legendary
Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004
July 31, 2017, 07:31:20 AM
Please indicate whether any online web wallet for iota. I would be grateful

You can use Bitfinex as the online wallet.

An exchange?  Roll Eyes

Maybe pure online wallets are by far more convenient to use?
Exchangers got somewhat tight regarding 2FA, cold store, withdrawal limits, KYC, AML and what's not. But!
Makes perfecly sense storing coins on a tradeside. There is a reason for using tradesites.
The opposite using a "Web Wallet" makes absolutely NO SENSE. If you do not own the privkeys, you do not own those coins, period. A "Web Wallet" can do absolutely nothing besides stealing your coins.

Try a light client. People who cannot download the whole BTC blockchain (soon there are two blockchains to download) use those quite often.
Activity: 778
July 30, 2017, 06:00:52 PM
Hi guys,
I bought a ton of IOTA bitfinex, first made a withdrawel of 1000 IOTA which went through. I says now 1 Gi in my wallet, I guess this right.
But the I tried a really big withdrawel and the coins never arrived, but my bitfinex account said "completed".
After looking in the permalink I saw that I put in exact the right address, but when I look at TXID I see the last 9 characters from the recieving address disappeared.
Later I tried another withdrawel and the same thing happened. Bitfinex didn't answer my mails for more than 24 hours now.
Any of you guys an idea what is going on here?

The last 9 digits is the checksum which is added by the wallet side. The real address is the first 81 chars. You are fine. You also can reattach your transaction to speed up the confirmation if your transaction from Bitfinex is not confirmed yet. Go to your wallet and go to Histroy and click the bundle under the pending transaction and click the Reattach. You will see a duplicate transaction showed up. Don't worry only one of them will get confirmed eventually.if you don't see the pending transaction, it means Bitfinex has not sent the transaction yet.

The transaction was confirmed. First withdrawel to my new deposit I made was a test for 1000 IOTA, now my wallet says 1 transaction and 1 Gi. But the later 2 bigger transactions that bitfinex confirmed are not in the wallet I guess. No idea what the situation is now, maybe you can tell me.
Thanks in advance

I restarted the wallet, they all arrived. Thanks for helping.
Jump to: