Author

Topic: IOTA - page 371. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 656
Merit: 500
March 22, 2017, 05:26:11 PM
Any updates on the exchange listing yet? I remember seeing something about that a couple of weeks ago in the slack, about a pending announcement?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18287961

Grin
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057
SpacePirate.io
March 22, 2017, 05:15:03 PM
Any updates on the exchange listing yet? I remember seeing something about that a couple of weeks ago in the slack, about a pending announcement?
Activity: 481
Merit: 250
March 22, 2017, 11:51:09 AM
It is highly possible that in the next several months, we will start to see the narratives about how to reduce miners power, how to get rid miners, and how to get rid of the third party validators eventually in the research branch in this cryptocoins space.

It came sooner as I thought - http://www.coindesk.com/fire-the-miners-radical-ideas-emerge-as-bitcoin-fork-talk-escalates/

Someone should bring IOTA into their conversation.

They already wrote articles about iota http://www.coindesk.com/will-the-internet-of-things-need-its-own-blockchain/
Activity: 269
March 22, 2017, 11:29:35 AM
It is highly possible that in the next several months, we will start to see the narratives about how to reduce miners power, how to get rid miners, and how to get rid of the third party validators eventually in the research branch in this cryptocoins space.

It came sooner as I thought - http://www.coindesk.com/fire-the-miners-radical-ideas-emerge-as-bitcoin-fork-talk-escalates/

Someone should bring IOTA into their conversation.
Activity: 715
March 21, 2017, 01:04:09 PM
Not here to FUD, I really like iota and I wish it succeds, but when I see all these guys repeating again and again about "partnerships with big companies"... I dont like hype and delusion in markets, so im going to say, it is about "proof of concept" projects, which basically means that they will test it to see if they can base a real life bussines model on it. Yes it is awsome achievement, for project from bitcointalk, but it doesnt mean they are going to use it. Maybe they will just find out what needs to be changed and they will create their own alternative based on results or decide to go with other tech they partnered with for POC.

I completely agree, in fact you will find the Iota team is very anti-hype, almost too much. There are no guarantees in crypto, but Iota serves a specific purpose and is unique in every way, and has established some very key relationships to further adoption. The crypto trader market is second-tier priority for the Iota team you will find they are far more concerned with PoC projects and legitimate business partnerships. Compared to so many other projects that are publicly traded, Iota is actually working and ready for mainstream. With time I think you'll see a lot of similarities with Ethereum for independent developer projects and Ripple for corporate partnerships.
Activity: 715
March 21, 2017, 11:44:08 AM
People have not started to grasp and appreciate the fact that IOTA has got rid of miners. In IOTA, the transaction issuers are also transaction approvers and these two parties are no longer decoupled as in Bitcoin and Ethereum which use miners as the transactions approvers.  This will bring a huge advantage for IOTA.

We all know how many frictions the miners have brought into the Bitcoin system. The third parties (such as miners in PoW, stakers in PoS, witnesses and delegates in other systems) naturally makes the system more complicated (in other words, more vulnerable) because they could have different interests than the issuers(users). When those platforms become big enough like today's Bitcoins, the conflicts between issuers and approvers will become notable. This kind vulnerability could make those systems virtually not fit for commercial use and applications when the conflicts become big.

Exactly, DAG (Tangle) is superior to any current consensus in almost every way. The fact that is solves scalability and fees is a huge step forward. Ethereum still hasn't even figured out how to implement POS (not sure if there is a safe way) and the clock is ticking, frankly I wouldn't be surprised if it looks into DAG as an alternative.
March 21, 2017, 09:44:12 AM
March 21, 2017, 09:04:16 AM
BTC face fork risk, ETH price is already too high, if IOTA is listed on Exchange now, it will attract speculated fund, good price on Exchange is helpful on the market and community building,more people invested in IOTA, more IOTA node will be set up and IOTA network will be more efficient and robust, the process is positive feedback or vice versa.

People have not started to grasp and appreciate the fact that IOTA has got rid of miners. In IOTA, the transaction issuers are also transaction approvers and these two parties are no longer decoupled as in Bitcoin and Ethereum which use miners as the transactions approvers.  This will bring a huge advantage for IOTA.

We all know how many frictions the miners have brought into the Bitcoin system. The third parties (such as miners in PoW, stakers in PoS, witnesses and delegates in other systems) naturally makes the system more complicated (in other words, more vulnerable) because they could have different interests than the issuers(users). When those platforms become big enough like today's Bitcoins, the conflicts between issuers and approvers will become notable. This kind vulnerability could make those systems virtually not fit for commercial use and applications when the conflicts become big.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
March 21, 2017, 07:48:40 AM
IOTA is somewhat uncertain that might be better than byteball to the general public. So, 20'000 btc marketcap is way more legit these days (while BB has 10'000).

you underestimated BB's real marketcap. BB only released 13.4% of its total coins so far. Its marketcap for the 13.4% of coins is 10,000 btc. It means that its overall marketcap for all its coins is 74,626 btc (10,000/13.4%), about $74 millions. 

Your math is right if assuming that no dump happens when all coins have been released.
Activity: 481
March 21, 2017, 07:41:58 AM
Not here to FUD, I really like iota and I wish it succeds, but when I see all these guys repeating again and again about "partnerships with big companies"... I dont like hype and delusion in markets, so im going to say, it is about "proof of concept" projects, which basically means that they will test it to see if they can base a real life bussines model on it. Yes it is awsome achievement, for project from bitcointalk, but it doesnt mean they are going to use it. Maybe they will just find out what needs to be changed and they will create their own alternative based on results or decide to go with other tech they partnered with for POC.

Of course there are a ton of pocs , however with the big partnerships like innogy and ubuntu we are far behind the poc phase , read the announcement , they will use it , not just as a poc

a bunch of pocs have been developed for a LONG time

Pocs dont get published at all , they get published once they turn into real things

and a bunch of pocs that turned into real deals are not being published yet due to non-disclosure-agreements
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟
March 21, 2017, 07:38:06 AM
March 20, 2017, 10:53:01 PM
BTC face fork risk, ETH price is already too high, if IOTA is listed on Exchange now, it will attract speculated fund, good price on Exchange is helpful on the market and community building,more people invested in IOTA, more IOTA node will be set up and IOTA network will be more efficient and robust, the process is positive feedback or vice versa.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
March 20, 2017, 05:37:29 PM
there was a signature change, so your old balance is part of the address with all the 999's
install a client and you can get the iotas from your old seed into a new one.

Contact David aka iotatoken.

Hello again

I have written many emails to iota support, also many messages to David
and he has never answered.
Why in the snapsot of the 2 of March 2016 appears my wallet
JXQVDPNKMEZVTZDBRFJYQELAIKJYBCAVIYBQAISXLEAMGVYEBN9NASUWINKOINBLSBGUQEKOTQC9GRK XV
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14351843
However in the snapsot of October 3, 2016 no longer appears and neither
in the following
http://Http://pastebin.com/NdQjLWbK

What do I have to do to recover my iotas besides recommending me to
write to iota support, since they do not give life signals?

Actually, I believe his is in the same boat as I. We cannot use the wallet to claim, but have to give David our information (old seed and a new address created with a new seed) so he submits it to CfB to be included in the next snapshot.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
March 20, 2017, 05:26:24 PM
there was a signature change, so your old balance is part of the address with all the 999's
install a client and you can get the iotas from your old seed into a new one.

Hello again

JXQVDPNKMEZVTZDBRFJYQELAIKJYBCAVIYBQAISXLEAMGVYEBN9NASUWINKOINBLSBGUQEKOTQC9GRK XV
in the following

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
March 20, 2017, 04:34:46 PM

Hello again

in the following

Please join the slack channel and ask there. Many people are very active and have been helping others in your situation.
http://slack.iota.org/
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
March 20, 2017, 04:25:20 PM

Hello again

in the following

Activity: 185
Merit: 100
March 20, 2017, 03:54:17 PM

I was lured into this thread with a promise that I'll find a drama here (the guy knows I like dramas). Unfortunatelly, it's too late, everything seems to cool down already. Anyway, I did some trades and now I hold 70 Gi more than week ago. Expect more trades, I hope the spread will be wide, I hate scalping...

Can I have like five Gi ?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
March 20, 2017, 03:47:28 PM
actually @admin is CfB in YDX slack.
and he is free to trade if he wishes so in a free market.

i used to trade in with supernet's assets and the lead dev there always has sell and buy walls.
in fact if you have traded nxt assets before, there is a lot of buy and sells from owners.

I was lured into this thread with a promise that I'll find a drama here (the guy knows I like dramas). Unfortunatelly, it's too late, everything seems to cool down already. Anyway, I did some trades and now I hold 70 Gi more than week ago. Expect more trades, I hope the spread will be wide, I hate scalping...
March 20, 2017, 03:36:41 PM
I tried to claim my IOTA´s. It shows the correct amount but even after more than 12hrs it´s still loading. I have to say it´s a slow pc but other people said it takes something about 30 min or so. Any thoughts?

go to slack. you will get help there. tell them what exactly happened, for instance, what did you mean by still loading?
legendary
Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000
March 20, 2017, 03:11:31 PM
I tried to claim my IOTA´s. It shows the correct amount but even after more than 12hrs it´s still loading. I have to say it´s a slow pc but other people said it takes something about 30 min or so. Any thoughts?
Jump to: