Author

Topic: IOTA - page 368. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
March 28, 2017, 10:21:48 PM

None at the moment, it appears. I imagine that since this is alpha testing they're not prioritizing Windows just yet.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
March 28, 2017, 04:25:27 PM
That doesn't seem to be safe. Can u at least give your pubkey to encrypt the message? And also it would be good to see this announcement signed on an official website or somewhere? I guess I also need to install a client to provide an address to send Iotas to?

First do the following:

1. Download http://188.138.57.93/oldaddressgenerator.html to your computer
2. Run it by doubleclicking
3. Enter your seed
4. Send the resulting address to that email above

Hello, in my desperate attempt to get my manual claim I have seen this
message.

Is this still active?

Since I introduce my old seed and it
results in the address that was included in the spnapsot of 3-2-2016 and
that it was not already in the one of 10-3-201

better luck asking questions on slack, as more people are available.
http://slack.iota.org/

I thank you for the answer, but it is not that I am clumsy and do not know how to claim my iotas
This is about not claiming the iotas automatically when you could make sure of the words of the devs that there would be no problem in claiming them in the future
Due to the snapsots, in some I did not include my seed and now I depend on some iota dev do it manually
In any part of the conditions included that if you did not like him David you were left without investment
The only answer I got from David in the chat is that he did not like my nick
I changed it and never got any more answers
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Activity: 481
Merit: 250
March 28, 2017, 12:43:20 PM
Dom :

Guys I need some beta testers for the latest release of the GUI which makes it possible to paste Trytes and do POW on them and then broadcast and store this transaction. Take a look here: https://github.com/iotaledger/wallet/releases/tag/v2.2.0

[1:59] 
Here are the stops involved in testing this out:
```1. Download the GUI and install it.
2. Get some raw transaction data from `prepareTransfers`. This can either be a single transaction or an entire transfer (preferably you make a transfer to an address that you own, so you can see the transaction in your history once oyu've done the POW)
3. Paste the trytes into the module and wait for shit to happen
```

[1:59] 
Needless to say, this is one of the key features to make IOTA work for exchanges  Smiley
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
www.iota.org
March 27, 2017, 12:45:06 PM
Free Giota anyone? Follow @IoT_for_All on Twitter and retweet Iota news.
not a 'Giota', but 1 Ki you can get free here:
http://www.iotafaucet.org/
Activity: 52
March 27, 2017, 10:30:00 AM
Free Giota anyone? Follow @IoT_for_All on Twitter and retweet Iota news.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
March 27, 2017, 07:34:22 AM
404 Page not Found

The service you are looking for canot be found.

• Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com
  • If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
  • If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that it is permitted to access the Web.

https://slack.iota.org
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
March 27, 2017, 07:08:59 AM
404 Page not Found

The service you are looking for canot be found.

• Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com
  • If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
  • If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that it is permitted to access the Web.
Activity: 121
March 26, 2017, 08:49:24 PM
That doesn't seem to be safe. Can u at least give your pubkey to encrypt the message? And also it would be good to see this announcement signed on an official website or somewhere? I guess I also need to install a client to provide an address to send Iotas to?

First do the following:

3. Enter your seed

message.

Is this still active?

better luck asking questions on slack, as more people are available.
https://slack.iota.org/
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
March 26, 2017, 06:24:09 PM
hello to all, how and where I can buy some IOTA? I didn't see on bittrex.
thnks in advance.
http://iotasupport.com/buyingiotaotc.shtml
Activity: 15
March 26, 2017, 05:03:20 PM

First do the following:

3. Enter your seed

message.

Is this still active?

Activity: 7
March 26, 2017, 04:37:46 PM
hello to all, how and where I can buy some IOTA? I didn't see on bittrex.
thnks in advance.
Activity: 595
March 26, 2017, 04:05:22 PM
Hey guys, if anyone is interested in buying some JINN for Iota, please PM me, I missed on IOTA I would like to buy a chunk for market price and exchange it for JINN for market price. Escrow of my choice is yassin, thank you.
March 25, 2017, 08:56:44 PM
The first 3 people who write a tutorial/instructions article on IOTA Learn will get $500 worth of IOTA tokens.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
March 25, 2017, 02:26:28 PM
Hi guys,

lets keep this thread clean from speculation and respect the devs that they dont want talk about speculation in the main thread.

if people want to speculate or talk about exchanges; feel free to do it in the buying/selling thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1550236.540

Many thanks again for all the hard working devs and all the community members.

IOTA, one of the most promising projects  Smiley
March 25, 2017, 11:47:58 AM
The marketcap will be zero unless you guys stop focusing on the damn price and actually start contributing. We just announced IOTA Learn which is key to getting developers into the IOTA ecosystem, and instead of discussing this people are just speculating about the price. Fuck sake.

I wouldn't take BTT as a barometer for community involvement, look at the ETH thread here, troll heaven. The slack seems alive and healthy.

Everyone knows my stance on BTT, but regardless it is one of the highest SEO hits for IOTA still, until that changes BTT sadly has influence on first impression of the project.
Activity: 715
March 25, 2017, 11:00:45 AM
The marketcap will be zero unless you guys stop focusing on the damn price and actually start contributing. We just announced IOTA Learn which is key to getting developers into the IOTA ecosystem, and instead of discussing this people are just speculating about the price. Fuck sake.

I wouldn't take BTT as a barometer for community involvement, look at the ETH thread here, troll heaven. The slack seems alive and healthy.
March 25, 2017, 10:02:03 AM
What upsets me is that people are rather spending time on this than spreading the word of IOTA, writing tutorials, funding/developing use cases, making a wikipedia entry, reaching out to press with stories, forwarding connections to companies, setting up meetups focused on IOTA, writing blogposts etc. etc.

If all you do is sit around and speculate you are literally worthless to the ecosystem and ultimately only hurting your own investment strategy.
Activity: 58
March 25, 2017, 08:17:19 AM
...I am sure that if a seller finds that the price is too "cheap" he will not be selling...

There are enough people that just need money at the moment and are forced to sell, because they are overinvested.
Further if you bought at ICO you have a gain of about 50 times. So if you invested 1000 bucks you have about 50k. That means can be a lot of money for you already. Although IOTA will probably still grow further, because the ICO was really cheap.

Iota's market cap is what 40 or 50 million??

Compare that to Dash, which has no purpose, with a 750+ million market cap.

Soooooooooo.  You think maybe just maybe there is a little upside potential here?

You might be correct, but dev is very upset by this talk, we should speculate in silence.
Activity: 159
March 25, 2017, 07:42:19 AM
...I am sure that if a seller finds that the price is too "cheap" he will not be selling...

There are enough people that just need money at the moment and are forced to sell, because they are overinvested.
Further if you bought at ICO you have a gain of about 50 times. So if you invested 1000 bucks you have about 50k. That means can be a lot of money for you already. Although IOTA will probably still grow further, because the ICO was really cheap.

Iota's market cap is what 40 or 50 million??

Compare that to Dash, which has no purpose, with a 750+ million market cap.

Soooooooooo.  You think maybe just maybe there is a little upside potential here?

whales manipulates the price.  Missing the ICO is a serious fault for me.

fault from you, not for you
It's not a fault at all.

you're right , that's not a falult for him.
that's his problem.
i also have not mined btc when it was worth nothing, and that my problem.
he is correct in one thing whales manipulate the prices in all cryptocurrencies exchanges, so it's a very good decision of iota to put them down Grin
Jump to: