Author

Topic: IOTA - page 441. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 689
Merit: 507
September 27, 2016, 10:31:11 AM
Is iota aiming or to replace bitcoin / blockchains or move alongside with them ?
I am trying to figure out what bitcoin or blockchains will be used for if a new coin has no blockchain (replaced with tangle), quantum resistant, with no scability problems and no fees. About future use of blockchain in finance and other domains, how far can Iota replace it ?

Bitcoin and many other cryptos aim to replace currencies and financial institutions in general. Iota aims, as the backbone of the IoT, to be the fast and necessary network of billions of devices. So it's not a competitor, it's a different field of application, so moves alongside. AFAIK there is no competition between IOTA and Bitcoin. But I guess core can tell you more about its scope.

Thanks
Activity: 360
Merit: 250
September 27, 2016, 07:57:44 AM
Is iota aiming or to replace bitcoin / blockchains or move alongside with them ?
I am trying to figure out what bitcoin or blockchains will be used for if a new coin has no blockchain (replaced with tangle), quantum resistant, with no scability problems and no fees. About future use of blockchain in finance and other domains, how far can Iota replace it ?

Bitcoin and many other cryptos aim to replace currencies and financial institutions in general. Iota aims, as the backbone of the IoT, to be the fast and necessary network of billions of devices. So it's not a competitor, it's a different field of application, so moves alongside. AFAIK there is no competition between IOTA and Bitcoin. But I guess core can tell you more about its scope.
Activity: 689
Merit: 507
September 27, 2016, 05:51:33 AM
Activity: 531
Merit: 500
September 26, 2016, 10:53:02 AM
When do you guys expect real world usage?

Define real world usage. PoCs?
We are already beyond PoC - aren´t we?  Smiley
I mean when it´s ready to use, bid deal is revealed and "operating",... in short i can use it besides trading.

Ah, you're a developer. Well, now. People building on top of IOTA is what the project is for, what are your plans?

No, i´m not a dev. But i´ve got some ideas in my mind.
So what do you mean? When is IOTA ready for the next step (no, not the exchanges Wink )?

Activity: 434
September 26, 2016, 09:56:44 AM
Are there any apps are being build on IOTA yet? 
Activity: 714
September 26, 2016, 09:16:10 AM

We are already beyond PoC - aren´t we?  Smiley
I mean when it´s ready to use, bid deal is revealed and "operating",... in short i can use it besides trading.

Ah, you're a developer. Well, now. People building on top of IOTA is what the project is for, what are your plans?
September 26, 2016, 08:54:24 AM

We are already beyond PoC - aren´t we?  Smiley

Activity: 714
September 26, 2016, 07:58:27 AM

September 26, 2016, 07:41:35 AM
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
https://iota.org/
September 25, 2016, 08:01:39 AM
Wil wait to exchange iota/btc.

It could be soon after stress test

do you suspect it in october ? or still later ?

Depends on STRESS TEST!
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
September 25, 2016, 08:00:55 AM
Well, but what is actually behind the machines? People! We are not in a world of cybogs. Not yet.

I would rather take IOTA - Connecting Things! as a new motto.  Wink

I have a new motto for IOTA: "IOTA - Connecting People!". Sounds too familiar though  Roll Eyes

IOTA's motto should be more like "IOTA - Connecting Machines!" instead. The current testing is trying to simulate the IoT sensors/devices environment.   
Activity: 1050
Merit: 506
September 25, 2016, 07:51:46 AM
Wil wait to exchange iota/btc.

It could be soon after stress test

do you suspect it in october ? or still later ?
Activity: 854
https://iota.org/
September 25, 2016, 07:48:38 AM

http://forum.iotatoken.com/t/mandatory-upgrade-1-0-6/952

this is a mandatory upgrade for everyone
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
No risk, no fun!
September 25, 2016, 04:54:24 AM
Hey. dont delete my *pinned* thread. Its important for me to see always news in my first Dashboard site here.

But I apologize, if I wrote not enough for context here.

So now,

I am a big fan of IOTA. Let this post be, please!

:-D

Greetz
Steve
Activity: 332
Merit: 252
September 24, 2016, 05:17:04 PM
ETH will probably limp along for years like litecoin. It will be usurped for #2 by monero at some point though. Probably will hang out at #3 for a long time before someone brings a successful scalability focused crypto currency to market. At which time said project might surpass monero too.

Haha, can't tell if you are joking, Eth has the most active 3rd party developer group I've seen in crypto (along with plans to scale). Litecoin literally has zero developer activity. If Monero succeeds in becoming the defacto anonymous crypto (on dark markets), it will be targeted and banned across the world, taking heat off BTC. I would say Eth will pass BTC at some point or just be hacked into oblivion and be worth nothing, but stagnant is the last thing it will become.

Bitcoin will die in 2021 when Jinn Labs releases optical processor capable to calculate SHA256D at insane speed.

Sounds good to me, I plan to sell in 2020.

not so far off I guess
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/quantum-computers-will-cripple-encryption-methods-within-decade-spy-agency-chief-warns
legendary
Activity: 1792
September 24, 2016, 01:28:53 PM
I may not understood the concept of IOTA, but the need of issuing a transaction to check proper sync sounds strange Sad
Consider that transactions have no fee and can also be for 0 IOTA.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
September 24, 2016, 11:03:21 AM
I may not understood the concept of IOTA, but the need of issuing a transaction to check proper sync sounds strange Sad

You are right in your first half of the statement.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
September 24, 2016, 10:53:33 AM
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
September 24, 2016, 09:59:40 AM
Since Iota is for machines, how can we ensure that a headless Iota client is in sync.
What should be logged or not logged when it's properly synced?

You check if you are synced by issuing a transaction and observing the percentage of new transactions approving yours.
Activity: 406
September 24, 2016, 04:51:01 AM
Since Iota is for machines, how can we ensure that a headless Iota client is in sync.
What should be logged or not logged when it's properly synced?
Jump to: