Author

Topic: IOTA - page 439. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 503
Free Julian Assange
October 08, 2016, 01:34:49 PM

How do you compare Iota with Ethereum. Ethereum ICO participants didn't bring in developers, the Foundation did.

No. Ethereum Foundation only took care of the core development, just like IOTA Foundation are doing with Java, C++, Rust and dev tools/libraries. They did have DEV Grants as well, which they funded with their 17% premine, IOTA had 0% premine. Therefore it is 100% the responsibility of the community to make this happen, the Foundation has absolutely nothing to do with that. Finally, you are 100% wrong regarding Ethereum ICO participants not bringing in developers, Christopher Lubin was the largest participant of Ethereum's crowdsale and brought in over 200 (!) developers and advisors under his ETH conglomerate 'ConsenSys'. Where else do you think Ethereum's success have come from? Of course it is through the right people giving other right people the right incentive to focus on the right things. How can it be that I have to explain this 3-4 times per week for the past year?

Is there a place where we holders can connect with developers wanting to work on IOTA apps? I don't know any IoT developers and I don't think you can assume that any holder or whale knows developers that want to work on Iota.

Given that we literally told vacuous speculators to fuck off months before the crowdsale even started and have repeated ad nauseam that this is how it is, I do indeed expect that the holders have plans of their own, yes. Of course.

I think it's a good initiative for the Foundation to setup a platform where developers can post ideas and whales can post bounties. If this already exists, then we should be posting about it frequently. To be honest, I think a lot of investors here know very little technically about IoT and need some guidance in terms of how to use their IOTA.

This has existed for months in the IOTA Slack under #bounties  and same for the IOTA forum.

Very happy to be not part of IOTA anymore ! David is such an asshole,bad communication skill( i think also with possible new investors) and terrible attitude.I think is just a luky guy how have met Cfb, the real and only mind here. I hope that someone will replace him soon to lead this great project..or is hard for you guys!

post deleted in 3..2...1
Activity: 1610
Merit: 508
October 08, 2016, 11:33:13 AM
Hello.
What is the use of the snapshot when the wallet is hard to use anyway? It keep refusing when opening and become blank when doing reply?
Think that we need stable and easier wallet, imho.
Thanks.

The light client will come out soon. You can wait for the light client.

Thanks to his good news,I'm so looking forward to this so will simplify everything
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
October 08, 2016, 10:28:53 AM
Hello.
What is the use of the snapshot when the wallet is hard to use anyway? It keep refusing when opening and become blank when doing reply?
Think that we need stable and easier wallet, imho.
Thanks.

The light client will come out soon. You can wait for the light client.
October 08, 2016, 09:16:04 AM
October 07, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
I can not find my address in http://pastebin.com/NdQjLWbK, does it matter?

Make sure you use the first 81 letters of your address to check.
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
October 07, 2016, 10:12:37 AM
When does this start trading on a real exchange and not OTC?
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
Angel investor.
October 07, 2016, 05:11:14 AM
No, it's not mandatory.

"The main requirement for this validation is that you obviously know how to program and are comfortable with the IOTA API."
I can not find my address in http://pastebin.com/NdQjLWbK, does it matter?
Activity: 734
October 07, 2016, 04:54:45 AM
No, it's not mandatory.

"The main requirement for this validation is that you obviously know how to program and are comfortable with the IOTA API."
legendary
Activity: 1098
Angel investor.
October 07, 2016, 04:23:44 AM
Hey,
is it mandatory to do the snapshot thing? At the moment i dont have the time, first to find 5-7 nodes, and second to sync the tangle (this usually needs ages). I dont understand exactly for what this snapshot is good for. Can someone explain please?
Me too, can someone explain this thing?
legendary
Activity: 1190
October 07, 2016, 04:04:22 AM
Hey,
is it mandatory to do the snapshot thing? At the moment i dont have the time, first to find 5-7 nodes, and second to sync the tangle (this usually needs ages). I dont understand exactly for what this snapshot is good for. Can someone explain please?
legendary
Activity: 1148
October 06, 2016, 07:06:19 PM
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
October 06, 2016, 01:46:06 PM
Activity: 132
October 06, 2016, 11:51:39 AM
Activity: 695
October 05, 2016, 06:10:45 PM
Some useful information here:

If you don't see your address in the snapshot:
a) Make sure that your address is 81, not 90 chars long
b) Make sure that your address is *supposed* to have a balance (if you have made transactions already, it is likely that this address was already emptied)
c) Check on Tangle.guru to see if there's a balance
d) Only after all of this, contact us and tell us that something is wrong.

when will the manual claims be processed?
I haven't get mine so my address isn't in the snapshot.
btw my provided adress is 90 chars long.

A second snapshot will be released, guess tomorrow (not sure) with manual claims included
Activity: 854
https://iota.org/
October 05, 2016, 02:03:08 PM

3. Check your balances and addresses vs. the proposed snapshot: http://pastebin.com/NdQjLWbK
My balance is correct, thank you.

Correct, thank you  Cool Cool

Checked, correct.

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 942
Merit: 1026
October 05, 2016, 11:00:28 AM

b) Make sure that your address is *supposed* to have a balance (if you have made transactions already, it is likely that this address was already emptied)

when will the manual claims be processed?
I haven't get mine so my address isn't in the snapshot.
btw my provided adress is 90 chars long.
legendary
Activity: 1792
October 05, 2016, 09:51:05 AM

Activity: 596
October 05, 2016, 05:17:15 AM
Activity: 826
Merit: 532
October 05, 2016, 03:32:48 AM

missing the last 9 digits of the address, it is normal?
Activity: 144
October 04, 2016, 08:07:01 PM

3. Check your balances and addresses vs. the proposed snapshot: http://pastebin.com/NdQjLWbK
My balance is correct, thank you.

Have the manual claims been added to the snapshot? I can't see my manual claim addresses

edit: I think manual claims may be included later, reading what Dominik posted on iota forum,

As we are preparing for the very first snapshot of IOTA to be adopted, we wanted to pre-publish the snapshot so that the community can publicly validate the snapshot and give their approval for its correctness. For the next 48 hours we will leave it open for the community to validate the snapshot.

In a couple of hours I will post a second snapshot, which includes the changed balances for the unclaimed funds. Therefore, it would be great if someone or a group of people validate it all for its correctness and can attest for it.
Jump to: