Author

Topic: IOTA - page 448. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
September 15, 2016, 03:16:42 PM
Any whales who want to sponsor me to write an essay for IOTA similar to the one I wrote early on for NXT? Grin

@Anon136 - Have you got the sponsors for writing the essay?

Na but thats ok. I didnt really get left behind. At most I might have thrown a bitcoin in the ICO. And that would have yielded a stake that I can easily afford to just purchase. And yea it costs more but there is a lot less risk when there is real working software so you win some you lose some. I thought it was like nxt but it wasn't. A LOT more bitcoin was donated total to the ico.

What is your original language and where are you from? (just interesting)

English and South Eastern United States. Why?
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
https://iota.org/
September 15, 2016, 02:14:41 PM
Any whales who want to sponsor me to write an essay for IOTA similar to the one I wrote early on for NXT? Grin

Na but thats ok. I didnt really get left behind. At most I might have thrown a bitcoin in the ICO. And that would have yielded a stake that I can easily afford to just purchase. And yea it costs more but there is a lot less risk when there is real working software so you win some you lose some. I thought it was like nxt but it wasn't. A LOT more bitcoin was donated total to the ico.

What is your original language and where are you from? (just interesting)
legendary
September 15, 2016, 02:09:58 PM

September 15, 2016, 01:10:08 PM

It will be lovely to see great essay from @Anon136!
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
September 15, 2016, 10:12:14 AM

legendary
September 15, 2016, 09:00:38 AM
It wasnt a give away though. It was supposed to be a place for the community to have a bit of fun and swap back and forth with each other. Rich tipped by poor as much as the other way around. Very far from some entity at the top giving away in a top down fashion.

My point is that it was, probably, moved to Altcoins to get an excuse to shut the thread down.

I moved it to alt coins because I completely forgot about the apparent faux pas of encouraging people to post addresses at the bottom of their post.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
September 15, 2016, 03:40:42 AM
It wasnt a give away though. It was supposed to be a place for the community to have a bit of fun and swap back and forth with each other. Rich tipped by poor as much as the other way around. Very far from some entity at the top giving away in a top down fashion.

My point is that it was, probably, moved to Altcoins to get an excuse to shut the thread down.
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
September 14, 2016, 04:54:07 PM
claiming it was going to lead to spammy low quality posts...

It would still be of higher quality than 99% of BTT content, hehe

PS: Initially your thread was in Off-topic and then moved to Altcoins section (where give-aways are not allowed), right?

I could be wrong, but back in the early days around here (2011-2012) someone did make a site sort of like reddit, where you could tip posters of good content.  It didn't last long, and I'm not sure why.  I didn't use it.  I just didn't like the feel of the place.
legendary
September 14, 2016, 04:50:04 PM

PS: Initially your thread was in Off-topic and then moved to Altcoins section (where give-aways are not allowed), right?

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1073
September 14, 2016, 03:02:36 PM
Theymos killed my thread where everyone was supposed to tip each other based on the value of posts claiming it was going to lead to spammy low quality posts... That seems wrong right? Like not just wrong but the opposate of right. In a weird way. Like you are supposed to go strait through an intersection and turning left or right would both be the wrong way but turning around is uniquely more wrong. Its like that kind of wron. I messaged him and made my case. If I disappear forever after this post its because I poked the powers that be. Cheesy

If it was not exactly "wrong", but was the opposite of "right", then I assume that was "left"...
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
September 14, 2016, 02:41:42 PM

legendary
September 14, 2016, 01:53:41 PM
Theymos killed my thread where everyone was supposed to tip each other based on the value of posts claiming it was going to lead to spammy low quality posts... That seems wrong right? Like not just wrong but the opposate of right. In a weird way. Like you are supposed to go strait through an intersection and turning left or right would both be the wrong way but turning around is uniquely more wrong. Its like that kind of wrong. I messaged him and made my case. If I disappear forever after this post its because I poked the powers that be. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1092
September 14, 2016, 01:15:37 PM
I remember Big Deal Foundation has been built, what are the guys doing, they took the money from Big Deal Foundation.

what you mean? explain your thoughts, please.

The Big Deal money must went to our Asian partners.

I like your avatar!  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
September 14, 2016, 11:30:26 AM
As the Big Deal is still secret we don't get more information.
But you can for sure image, what would happen, if for example sony announces, that it integrates iota in their playstation or something similar...
That would be a market cap beyond eth. Of course that is a unlikely scenario, but just an example, which direction we are heading with this donation...

In my opinion, we as a community should really be focused on brainstorming new use cases and developing more consumer (human-usable) applications with Iota. The corporate, machine to machine, market has a way to go and David is working hard to develop those b2b relationships. It's our responsibility to focus on how we can get people (users) to use Iota for things other than just sending/trading.There's so much potential uses for a scalable, fee-less platform. I also think it's important we hit exchanges, with even a moderate marketcap we will see a pretty large influx of new community members and developer interest.
legendary
Activity: 1190
September 14, 2016, 10:08:10 AM
I remember Big Deal Foundation has been built, what are the guys doing, they took the money from Big Deal Foundation.

So how will these Asian partners help IOTA?

But you can for sure image, what would happen, if for example sony announces, that it integrates iota in their playstation or something similar...
That would be a market cap beyond eth. Of course that is a unlikely scenario, but just an example, which direction we are heading with this donation...

This sounds very familiar for me

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020
expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()
September 14, 2016, 09:35:25 AM

September 14, 2016, 06:29:44 AM

This is as well developers!

How could more developers help in any project ? ( this is not a question)  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1428
September 14, 2016, 04:05:31 AM
David will provide details when he is ready/NDAs have elapsed.
Activity: 123
Merit: 10
September 14, 2016, 01:25:18 AM

September 14, 2016, 01:07:45 AM

Jump to: