Author

Topic: IOTA - page 451. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
September 11, 2016, 02:42:53 AM
From what I have read IOTA will not compete with Ethereum but rather compliment it or even integrate with it.

This may have already been discussed but I can't find it anywhere.

Can someone explain how the integration would world, ELI5?

Thanks!

Well if we do remeber that ethereum is now called ethereum classic. Cheesy There is a rogue fork out there claiming to be eithereum but ethereum they are not.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
September 11, 2016, 02:15:09 AM
From what I have read IOTA will not compete with Ethereum but rather compliment it or even integrate with it.

This may have already been discussed but I can't find it anywhere.

Can someone explain how the integration would world, ELI5?

Thanks!
legendary
September 11, 2016, 01:45:39 AM
It would bring together a lot of ideas I've been working on for years. Ill just say this. When people talk about their dishwasher being able to purchase excess power from the neighbors solar panel, that is good and well and all, but think it misses the much bigger picture.

I'd like very much to see Anon136 writing an essay on IOTA!

Anon, what are you thinking in terms of bounty?

Well I missed the ICO and everyone set sail without me. I was thinking this essay may increase the prospects of everyone on the boat enough so that they could pitch in and reserve me a spot while still being personally better off for it. I'm a dreamer I know. Grin What would 0.5 bitcoin in phase 3 of the crowd fund have gotten me?

Approx 1.2 TI.
I'll chip in 50Gi for the bounty. I'm not a whale by any means. If others want to chip in, we could have an escrow hold the funds.

I found out people donated so much to the ico I didn't really miss out on anything. I prob would have thrown in like a bitcoin or something. Which would have gotten me a few TI. I actually feel better throwing 20 bitcoins at working software than I do a small amount at vapor. So I just bought the amount I would have gotten anyway Tongue.

But yea I still wanna write the essay and maybe get paid a little for it.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
September 11, 2016, 01:28:14 AM
It would bring together a lot of ideas I've been working on for years. Ill just say this. When people talk about their dishwasher being able to purchase excess power from the neighbors solar panel, that is good and well and all, but think it misses the much bigger picture.

Well I missed the ICO and everyone set sail without me. I was thinking this essay may increase the prospects of everyone on the boat enough so that they could pitch in and reserve me a spot while still being personally better off for it. I'm a dreamer I know. Grin What would 0.5 bitcoin in phase 3 of the crowd fund have gotten me?

Approx 1.2 TI.
I'll chip in 50Gi for the bounty. I'm not a whale by any means. If others want to chip in, we could have an escrow hold the funds.
legendary
September 10, 2016, 11:41:50 AM

Activity: 169
Merit: 10
September 10, 2016, 10:38:02 AM
IOTA will be the platform.

"Platform-enabling technologies making new business models possible include Neuromorphic Hardware, Quantum Computing, Blockchain, IoT Platform, Software-Defined Security and Software-Defined Anything (SDx)."

Forbes Aug 21, 2016
http://www.forbes.com/sites/louiscolumbus/2016/08/21/gartner-hype-cycle-for-emerging-technologies-2016-adds-blockchain-machine-learning-for-first-time/

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/louiscolumbus/files/2016/08/Hype-cycle-of-emerging-technologies.jpg

"#6. Blockchain technology embraced by financial institutions"
http://www.juniperresearch.com/press/press-releases/top-ten-tech-predictions-for-2016
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
September 10, 2016, 10:28:26 AM

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
September 10, 2016, 09:56:19 AM

ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
September 10, 2016, 08:13:52 AM
since you missed the large window where you could claim prior to launch

tbh the window wasnt that large. iirc it was just 2 weeks.

I just cannot catch - it was twitter, facebook, e-mail and btt announcement long before the claim...

why after that - it wasnt enough?

whats the point? the window for claiming wasn't "large", that's all.
.m.
Activity: 280
Merit: 260
September 10, 2016, 05:43:35 AM
I do not see a lot of updates in git recently
https://github.com/iotaledger/wallet/graphs/contributors
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
https://iota.org/
September 10, 2016, 05:00:29 AM
since you missed the large window where you could claim prior to launch

tbh the window wasnt that large. iirc it was just 2 weeks.

I just cannot catch - it was twitter, facebook, e-mail and btt announcement long before the claim...

why after that - it wasnt enough?
legendary
September 09, 2016, 09:04:56 PM
Sure but just so you know its pretty out dated now. Now it uses things like hash chains. At the time though I really do think it had a big impact on the price. You have to consider nxt was so young and no one had any idea how it worked or if they could trust it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E_ToOMG2l1XThx6YnyXEajXaf6H1k2yjq8XkAF0ScB4/edit?usp=sharing

This essay idea is much better though. Grin It would bring together a lot of ideas I've been working on for years. Ill just say this. When people talk about their dishwasher being able to purchase excess power from the neighbors solar panel, that is good and well and all, but think it misses the much bigger picture.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
September 09, 2016, 08:46:06 PM
Any whales who want to sponsor me to write an essay for IOTA similar to the one I wrote early on for NXT? Grin

Could you link the nxt one?
legendary
September 09, 2016, 04:51:36 PM
Any whales who want to sponsor me to write an essay for IOTA similar to the one I wrote early on for NXT? Grin

Do you have a link to the Nxt essay, can't locate, I may be open to sponsoring.
legendary
September 09, 2016, 02:10:32 PM
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
September 09, 2016, 01:36:29 PM

Guys, again follow the slack daily which is the main IOTA communication tool, at least during this time when you are concerned with your own interests. Much more communications happened on Slack.
legendary
September 09, 2016, 12:22:14 PM
I cannot see any post about that in this thread...

What are you trying to accomplish with this post? Manual claims are going to be processed, David just stated why they were delayed, going on and on about it won't accelerate that process. If you had concerns you could have PM'd David and he would have responded with explanation. Moving on.....
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
September 09, 2016, 11:56:52 AM
Regarding manual claims, since everything will be processed before exchanges, what's the rush?

It is not about "a rush" it is that when you still don't have your IOTA in your wallet you are not 100% confident that you really have your IOTA...

Furthermore David said 2 weeks ago that manual claims will be processed in few days, since that there is absolutely no news.

So just talking for me, I am not in the hurry but more communication about the delay would have been really appreciated, even if devs are busy, a 1 minute post on the thread would have been welcome, especially that some of manual claim have donation included, like mine, so I guess asking for a little post about the situation is not asking too much.

It has been posted several times that it was due to network issues and then travelling.

I cannot see any post about that in this thread...
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
September 09, 2016, 11:38:11 AM
Regarding manual claims, since everything will be processed before exchanges, what's the rush?

It is not about "a rush" it is that when you still don't have your IOTA in your wallet you are not 100% confident that you really have your IOTA...

Furthermore David said 2 weeks ago that manual claims will be processed in few days, since that there is absolutely no news.

So just talking for me, I am not in the hurry but more communication about the delay would have been really appreciated, even if devs are busy, a 1 minute post on the thread would have been welcome, especially that some of manual claim have donation included, like mine, so I guess asking for a little post about the situation is not asking too much.

It has been posted several times that it was due to network issues and then travelling.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
September 09, 2016, 11:06:52 AM

Jump to: