Author

Topic: IOTA - page 493. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
July 16, 2016, 11:19:38 AM
Just donated 10% of my holdings to the foundation.

Also, Its really sad to see that cryptonight has stolen roughly $34,000 from supporters of IOTA. Hope you guys learned, just sorry it was on this project ;( Hopefully some justice will be served in the end.

It is a shame. I'd say the list isn't even half complete yet either. When you add Child_harold's stolen coins, it becomes a sad day for the iota community (no matter how much they warned everyone about this scenario from the very beginning).

CryptoKnightt victims, please see here to add details to the list.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15588280

Also, for a similar list but for Child_Harold (thanks to CarlGraph) see here-

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nI950VU2V6teg1GO8aS1bcAWYpqDYXnWug8VQevzKck/edit#gid=0
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
July 16, 2016, 11:09:03 AM
Hey, I am starting IOTA code porting to C to run on raspberry Pi but I don´t have a Pi yet, so I am asking for donations to fullfil Pi cost (5Gi). Maybe the foundation could do the donation, but as there is plenty of people interested, please donate.

Address is XLOPVBXSLLTXV9XKEPPWKGVSPXWOIPFCOYXNAJCE9NGPZPWI9JWBQPZSTLWDI9JCMQFPFPHFQVTRFUL FZDCXSUMWRV

If donation is more than 1Gi you'll be mentioned as contributor in the code README and credits.

I am willing to cover the whole 5 Gi cost from funds I would have donated to Foundation anyway, I'll PM you.

Hey, well, IOTA foundation and the community itself is also very interested in the porting, we have been talking about it a bit in the IOTA chat. Foundation will support the porting and I think we should do it with a small team to speed things up. Anyway, if you want to collaborate as an individual contributor, doing the kickoff, I can accept the 5Gi. I will simply sell them today for BTC and order a Raspberry Pi and mention you in credits Smiley.

Indeed, we are already almost done with C# port actually. So C would be great.
Activity: 577
July 16, 2016, 10:55:34 AM
Hey, I am starting IOTA code porting to C to run on raspberry Pi but I don´t have a Pi yet, so I am asking for donations to fullfil Pi cost (5Gi). Maybe the foundation could do the donation, but as there is plenty of people interested, please donate.

Address is XLOPVBXSLLTXV9XKEPPWKGVSPXWOIPFCOYXNAJCE9NGPZPWI9JWBQPZSTLWDI9JCMQFPFPHFQVTRFUL FZDCXSUMWRV

If donation is more than 1Gi you'll be mentioned as contributor in the code README and credits.

I am willing to cover the whole 5 Gi cost from funds I would have donated to Foundation anyway, I'll PM you.

Hey, well, IOTA foundation and the community itself is also very interested in the porting, we have been talking about it a bit in the IOTA chat. Foundation will support the porting and I think we should do it with a small team to speed things up. Anyway, if you want to collaborate as an individual contributor, doing the kickoff, I can accept the 5Gi. I will simply sell them today for BTC and order a Raspberry Pi and mention you in credits Smiley.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
July 16, 2016, 10:49:19 AM
Just donated 10% of my holdings to the foundation.

Also, Its really sad to see that cryptonight has stolen roughly $34,000 from supporters of IOTA. Hope you guys learned, just sorry it was on this project ;( Hopefully some justice will be served in the end.
Activity: 208
July 16, 2016, 10:29:11 AM
Do you think I can programmatically iterate over short seeds padded by 9:s and swoop up gullible noobs IOTAs?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
July 16, 2016, 09:41:31 AM
Seed: 81-char string consisting only of uppercase latin letters and 9's which is used to access an account. A seed is like a private key/password.

So if I use a ten letter seed will it be padded with 71 number 9:s to get the total length of 81-chars?

Yes
Activity: 350
July 16, 2016, 09:39:31 AM
I have istalled the IOTA wallet 1.0.0. It looks good. But I have some questions:

Question 2...

after all you questioned in 1, this should be at least question 10  Grin Grin Tongue
July 16, 2016, 09:08:53 AM
Seed: 81-char string consisting only of uppercase latin letters and 9's which is used to access an account. A seed is like a private key/password.

So if I use a ten letter seed will it be padded with 71 number 9:s to get the total length of 81-chars?

Activity: 433
Crypto Angel
July 16, 2016, 08:41:16 AM

Activity: 734
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
July 16, 2016, 07:42:36 AM
Activity: 714
July 16, 2016, 06:32:34 AM

Beautiful, have you also asked in the chat? That's where 99% of things are happening these days. Also post it on the IOTA forum.
Activity: 734
July 16, 2016, 06:24:49 AM
Is there a Tutorial for setting up a VPS Node?
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
July 16, 2016, 05:43:14 AM
Question 2. I following message: Add more nodes you only have 1. Try to add at least 7. What should I do about it?

^Looks like this would be a big problem for newbies who don't know anything about IOTA, syncing the wallet seems too complicated. Is there some other way without the need to beg some nodes from someone?

afaik next version will be without manual node-adding

no, first need a bigger node network afaik.
Activity: 577
July 16, 2016, 04:36:00 AM

Activity: 173
July 16, 2016, 12:22:59 AM
update on foundation, good progress we are making regarding donation:

http://foundation.iotatoken.com/

we need at least 22.24 Ti more to establish the foundation.

about 3-4 more days to go!
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
July 15, 2016, 08:24:09 PM
Question 2. I following message: Add more nodes you only have 1. Try to add at least 7. What should I do about it?

^Looks like this would be a big problem for newbies who don't know anything about IOTA, syncing the wallet seems too complicated. Is there some other way without the need to beg some nodes from someone?

afaik next version will be without manual node-adding
Activity: 361
July 15, 2016, 08:18:39 PM

Activity: 763
July 15, 2016, 08:02:21 PM
Why do you talk about a limitation of big letters and number 9 and a lenght of 81 chars? What will happen if I use other characters as seed and shorter string?

I think lower case will be automatically converted to upper case and special letters and other numbers  and spaces till to 81 will be converted to 9.

For more information about iota
https://iota.readme.io/v1.0/docs
http://forum.iotatoken.com
www.iotatoken.com
July 15, 2016, 06:43:43 PM
- seed is a brainwallet yes so if you use "test" anyone else that uses that same phrase can access your account. Use 81 characters A-Z and number 9.

- Sign up to slack.iotatoken.com and come to the chat to ask for neighboring nodes.

Why do you talk about a limitation of big letters and number 9 and a lenght of 81 chars? What will happen if I use other characters as seed and shorter string?
Jump to: