Author

Topic: IOTA - page 489. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
July 19, 2016, 11:40:42 AM
Thanks for the fast responses on where to go to get the wallet and other information. When I get to the github there are a bunch of different downloads. Which one is the one I choose. I have windows vista if that makes a difference. Is there other information I will need to know to get the wallet working and if so where is that information. Thank you to the community members for the help.

https://github.com/IOTAledger/iota-gui-beta/releases/download/1.0.0-minus1/iota-wallet-1.0.0-minus1-setup.exe

You will need to make up a seed (81 characters, containing letters and the number 9)
And you will need to add neighbors (in the client, click edit server condiguration)
Ask here for neighbor IP's: https://iotatangle.slack.com/messages/ip_neighbor_exchange
Activity: 419
Merit: 250
July 19, 2016, 11:25:57 AM
Thanks for the fast responses on where to go to get the wallet and other information. When I get to the github there are a bunch of different downloads. Which one is the one I choose. I have windows vista if that makes a difference. Is there other information I will need to know to get the wallet working and if so where is that information. Thank you to the community members for the help.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
July 19, 2016, 11:02:37 AM
I am playing around with IOTA wallet 1.0.0-1 because I did not figured out all the stuff yet.

Could someone send me a little amout for testing issues? Thanks!

GDVZOO99NTMJEAOMYMQZEEBQSWGYQHDAGNSYJYYVSHUJESCZUEPCKEFTCZTZHWRLNBEQCQSAYGISKJP WOEIBNMNXSF

What exactly is the hash string next to the address in the wallet? Is it like the private key for the address?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
July 19, 2016, 10:42:15 AM
I think if we want to have the foundation completely funded we need to have a serious call for all who donated 5% to increase their donations to 10%.

I think at this point, the people who didn't donate are not going to donate. So if we want this to happen, those who did donate need to donate more.

I know that I along with many others have already donated 10%. If a few more increase donations to 10% we should have no problem!

Agreed, I've donated about 15% thus far and others need to seriously think about donating more as the foundation is going to be required for Iota to be successful.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
July 19, 2016, 10:15:49 AM
I think if we want to have the foundation completely funded we need to have a serious call for all who donated 5% to increase their donations to 10%.

I think at this point, the people who didn't donate are not going to donate. So if we want this to happen, those who did donate need to donate more.

I know that I along with many others have already donated 10%. If a few more increase donations to 10% we should have no problem!
Activity: 378
July 19, 2016, 09:29:50 AM
Normaly, if Satoshi valuation is too high for one unit, the trading pair goes into LTC or another coin. Or are there any examples where coins were traded in "batches"?
I'm not sure, but it seems unthinkable that there will not be a BTC/IOTA pair in one form or another.

Any coin with a decimal is essentially 'in batches'. The decimal is an illusion. Ideally, you'd want to look at the expected lowest price and ask how many iota you'd get for 1 satoshi.

I think a marketcap of 5000 bitcoin would be a minimum bottom with alot of bad news. Therefore-

2779530283277761 / 5000 00000000 = 5559 iota per satoshi. So, 5.559 KIota for 1 satoshi at this low. @ 25000 marketcap- approximately 1 KIota per satoshi. At this marketcap 1 bitcoin will get 555 Giota or 555 906 056 KIota.

If IOTA were to get to par with bitcoin- 15 000 000   00000000
2779530283277761 / 15 000 000   00000000
= 1.8 iota per Satoshi. or 0.00185 KIota.

It looks like KIota scales to a large marketcap but going down to iota after reaching $1 billion might be more appropriate. MIota and especially GIota would quickly be reduced to working in fractions too quickly if the marketcap were to reach the top 5 on coinmarketcap.

Just some thoughts.
legendary
Activity: 1792
July 19, 2016, 08:27:27 AM
Normaly, if Satoshi valuation is too high for one unit, the trading pair goes into LTC or another coin. Or are there any examples where coins were traded in "batches"?
I'm not sure, but it seems unthinkable that there will not be a BTC/IOTA pair in one form or another.
Activity: 984
July 19, 2016, 08:23:48 AM
legendary
Activity: 1792
July 19, 2016, 07:53:51 AM
So how is trading on exchanges going to work, exactly?  With a total supply of ~2.8 quadrillion, even if every unit was worth just a couple of satoshi, that's still a pretty huge potential market cap.  Will it be traded in blocks/batches?

I think Mi/mega iota is likely the base unit for trading in exchanges.
Yes, I would prefer Mi to be used over Gi.

Using Gi would not give enough room before parity with BTC.
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
July 19, 2016, 07:36:21 AM
So how is trading on exchanges going to work, exactly?  With a total supply of ~2.8 quadrillion, even if every unit was worth just a couple of satoshi, that's still a pretty huge potential market cap.  Will it be traded in blocks/batches?

I think Mi/mega iota is likely the base unit for trading in exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
July 19, 2016, 07:25:31 AM
legendary
Activity: 1540
July 19, 2016, 06:47:52 AM
Hello all

I got my iota address and password months back. Where do I go to get the latest GUI and move my iotas there. What is the way to figure out what my new number of Iotas are and turn them into Giota or Tiota?

It looks like Iota is great. And I am gonna do 5% to Big deal, where do I do that too. Thanks for any help you can provide on where the one place all this is listed
You can download last version here ----> https://github.com/IOTAledger/iota-gui-beta/releases/  Cool

and you find adress for donation to IOTA Foundation ----> http://foundation.iotatoken.com/  Wink

For adresse donation to Big Deal look here ----> http://forum.iotatoken.com/t/iota-foundation-big-deal-and-exchange-update/469/1 Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1225
July 19, 2016, 06:45:31 AM
Hello all

I got my iota address and password months back. Where do I go to get the latest GUI and move my iotas there. What is the way to figure out what my new number of Iotas are and turn them into Giota or Tiota?

It looks like Iota is great. And I am gonna do 5% to Big deal, where do I do that too. Thanks for any help you can provide on where the one place all this is listed

https://github.com/IOTAledger/iota-gui-beta/releases

Download the client, enter your seed, generate some addresses. If you see your balance after that, you're fine. If you don't see your balance you may need to contact iotatoken so he can send you the tokens manually.

Multiply old amount with 2'779'530 to get new amount.

Foundation donation can be made here, idk about big deal: http://foundation.iotatoken.com/
Activity: 419
July 19, 2016, 06:38:51 AM
Hello all

legendary
Activity: 1190
July 19, 2016, 03:05:58 AM
Wouldnt it make more sense to get some details about the Big Deal investors? I mean the people would donate more to the foundation and big deal if its a big player like Intel or something.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
July 19, 2016, 12:29:24 AM

It's about selling a part of your coins with a discount to a select few strategic key partners that wish to attain a sizable position enough worth their while.
Activity: 269
July 18, 2016, 10:05:20 PM
IOTA Foundation is still short ~22.2 Ti (~2220 Ti). If rest funds don't get raised in time, IOTA will fail*. Please Donate ASAP, this might be the last chance to save your investment!! http://foundation.iotatoken.com/

Dead line for Donations is 19.07 if I recall right.

*This is my Personal opinion.

Some of us can't donate yet. So they should extend deadline.
If the minimum goal is not meet in July 19th, what will happen? How to deal with the collected 116.8296 Ti fund as of today?

And will developers stop development and our IOTA in hand will be a sh*t? This will be a disaster.

I believe "iotatoken" or  David will make an official statement regarding that today.

From what I have understood, should the foundation not get funded, further development will stop as the devs have delivered a working platform as promised in the Agreemend when we bought the Iota tokens.
They try to make it a community driven project, should the community fail they will continue development with Privat sponsors/company's.

But please take these assumptions with a grain of salt and wait for an official announcement from David. Then we will know more I guess.

Hope we can achieve the minimum goal, it will be beneficial to all of IOTA holders.
Activity: 123
Merit: 10
July 18, 2016, 09:55:36 PM
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
July 18, 2016, 01:54:32 PM
When you use the app you won't know that you're actually running java. The UI itself is not made with java.
Jump to: