Author

Topic: IOTA - page 501. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 360
Merit: 100
July 11, 2016, 01:12:58 PM
Everyone should read the first post here which gives context and roadmap for everyone: https://medium.com/iotatangle

Happy launch to all! We have only barely begun

Thanks, what about the GRAND news apart from the mainnet launch which were announced on twitter Smiley?
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
July 11, 2016, 11:08:09 AM
Everyone should read the first post here which gives context and roadmap for everyone: https://medium.com/iotatangle

Happy launch to all! We have only barely begun
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
July 11, 2016, 11:05:26 AM
I also hope everyone understand why I had to be very dismissive of the leechers, trolls and disruptors

I, for one, completely get it.

Congrats to everyone on the launch!
July 11, 2016, 10:20:24 AM
I'd just like to mention that I'm really glad to see the change in tone in iotatoken's communication recently. It's much more straightforward and pleasant and instills greater confidence in the leadership and for the future of this project.

I've donated 8% of my holdings to the foundation and will help out with more donations in the future as things progress.

Hoping for a smooth launch. Should be exciting weeks ahead!

I'll take that as a compliment, but I also hope everyone understand why I had to be very dismissive of the leechers, trolls and disruptors, and it has lead to the IOTA Foundation most likely reaching establishment and people understanding that every movement need people participating in pushing, otherwise things come to a halt. Now that we are moving on from this realm where trolls live, I no longer feel the need to reemphasize these issues, I feel confident that people has got the message and that we can now focus forward.

Great to see that you are one of those who have donated. Smiley
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
July 11, 2016, 10:12:46 AM
I'd just like to mention that I'm really glad to see the change in tone in iotatoken's communication recently. It's much more straightforward and pleasant and instills greater confidence in the leadership and for the future of this project.

I've donated 8% of my holdings to the foundation and will help out with more donations in the future as things progress.

Hoping for a smooth launch. Should be exciting weeks ahead!
Activity: 556
July 11, 2016, 10:03:04 AM
mainnet start is today, hope all works well and gl.
July 11, 2016, 08:46:05 AM
Hi,

can anybody explain me where I can redeem my KIOTA Fund (NextAssetExchange) ?  Huh

You got to contact whomever issued that.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
July 11, 2016, 08:44:38 AM
Hi,

can anybody explain me where I can redeem my KIOTA Fund (NextAssetExchange) ?  Huh
July 11, 2016, 08:12:45 AM
Alright issue resolved, everyone can now start joining IOTA Slack again here https://slack.iotatoken.com
July 11, 2016, 07:42:46 AM
So today is D day? Its quite calm here.

Depends what you mean by 'D day'

What happens today is what we have said: main-network goes live. But since there are still ~100 people that didn't claim which I got to send to manually we will not release any big news today and we won't assist any exchanges in adding it until the 19th. This week will primarily be about tieing up loose threads like the IOTA Foundation, IOTA Big deal, moving 600+ people from RocketChat to Slack, finalizing partnerships in preparation for announcements, finishing touches on website and GUI, finishing tutorials etc.

With such a huge project like IOTA there is no single day where everything just happens, it's gradual and compounding, but today - in a few hours - marks the first official IOTA steps.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟
July 11, 2016, 07:36:48 AM
So today is D day? Its quite calm here.
July 11, 2016, 07:25:28 AM

Thank You so much for good news!

Unfortunately I have that one message there: Failed! invite_limit_reached

looks like iota is too popular

^_^;

Have contacted Slack about it, expect it to be resolved sometime today
legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
July 11, 2016, 06:36:25 AM

looks like iota is too popular
Activity: 854
https://iota.org/
July 11, 2016, 06:23:53 AM

Activity: 360
Merit: 250
July 11, 2016, 04:21:13 AM
Activity: 567
Merit: 503
July 10, 2016, 09:10:50 PM
Good time to release IOTA while nothing happened after bitcoin block reward halving.
legendary
Activity: 1540
July 10, 2016, 06:22:51 PM
Activity: 627
July 10, 2016, 03:34:21 PM
You likely need at least 3 neighbors. Gather more IPs at ROCKETCHAT and see if the slave nodes (7 of them) are still functioning.
You can see if you are in synch by looking at your tangle height (similar to block height) and comparing to other neighbors.

I'm not currently on so I can't tell you where we are at! Need to ask in IOTACHAT!

Thanks, where can I see whether my wallet is fully in synch or not? I have one neighbor at the moment.

You are not in synch.
You need to get new neighbors and try again... after it synchs it should come back.

Go to ROCKETCHAT IOTA TESTING and trouble shoot there!
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
July 10, 2016, 03:26:43 PM
Thanks, where can I see whether my wallet is fully synced or not? I have one neighbor at the moment.

You are not in synch.
You need to get new neighbors and try again... after it synchs it should come back.

Activity: 627
July 10, 2016, 03:18:11 PM
You are not in synch.

I am facing a problem and need support.

A few days ago, I generated three IOTA addresses using my chosen passphrase. I used iota-0.9.23-b to do it. I logged into using my passphrase several times and everytime I could saw my three generated addresses. Today, I upgraded to iota-0.9.26-gamma but the adresses in my history are gone. I thought, a once created address will belong to the passphrase forever. Is this assumption false?

The passphrase I used was definetely the same in 0.9.23 and 0.9.26 version.

update: by creating a new address it is shown me "IllegalArgument: Bound must be positive" exception.
Jump to: