Author

Topic: IOTA - page 537. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
June 01, 2016, 05:39:25 PM
David will post official launch date this week.
Activity: 427
Merit: 250
June 01, 2016, 05:35:00 PM

So? No date yet? Do i understand that correct?

And what about to build in time between the announcement and the official launch?

And how about bigIOTAbig who is willing to donate also. But is not an official ICO participant. He does not get the opportunity to donate? This guy bought massively. He threw al these bitcoins at IOTA that made the 20x ROI even possible.

Cheers.
legendary
Activity: 1540
June 01, 2016, 05:25:59 PM
donated 10% to the foundation  Smiley
Thanks!!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1540
June 01, 2016, 05:25:34 PM
IOTA Foundation Funding Progress, Donators you are welcome!!

http://foundation.iotatoken.com/
QRA
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
June 01, 2016, 05:18:34 PM
donated 10% to the foundation  Smiley
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1344
June 01, 2016, 05:07:26 PM
Ok, I donated.

3.62 Ti via claiming less
3.62 Ti via sending to foundation address

Smiley

Activity: 165
Merit: 100
June 01, 2016, 04:58:44 PM
Some news:

It was a bad decision to adopt address reuse, the scalability got a big negative impact and now I'm reverting this feature. Iota is designed for machines which can live without the address reuse, it's still possible to create a protocol on top of Iota messaging to support aliases for transfers though.

To add to this update:

We'll release a bare-bones UI without all the fancy animations and beautified icons, which will be extremely easy to use and nice, but not the final version, so that everyone can send/receive and experiment with IOTA in last stage of beta that we're entering now. This means everyone should prepare to begin testing, the more testing = the faster release.

Re: reverting decision on reusable addresses, just shows that we need to focus on the machine-2-machine nature of IOTA, not human use, which is why I am so negative towards all those begging for GUI instead of spending time on what matters: IOTA's IoT nature.

On the topic of Foundation: I see a lot of people want to pledge the proceeds from the 'Big deal' sales to the foundation. This is a great thing and I am very proud that we got such a forward thinking community that understand the importance of having continuous growth and active people ensuring future expansion of IOTA. If most of the pledged 'Big deal' proceeds go to the foundation I'll set the new limit on the Foundation to 30 million IOTA, instead of 50 million.

Other than that: There'll be big news will come soon about new partnerships, new website, professional video made and C# client in addition to our JAVA one.

David, can you please comment at your post in bold. At the moment the pledge proceeds of the "Big Deal" seems to be missing in your 5% calculation.
Thanks for your feedback.

Richi

Even forgot about this, thank you Richi. Good point.
@CfB or @iotatoken: So have this changed and if so why?

Gracias.
Activity: 427
June 01, 2016, 04:48:38 PM
I have been on holidays, i think i missed a few things.

So the 5% must be donated before official launch!

When is the official launch?

I think there should be a certain time between the announcement and the official launch. So two dates should be known:
1. the announcement date
2. the official launch date

Cheers.

Guys, current iota team needs to make the decision on which path they will pursue (staying with iota if the foundation fundraising gets at least 5% of total coins or not staying with iota otherwise) before the official launch of the iota. Please use v0.9.19 to claim you coins right now and you will get the donation option during your claiming your coins.

Use 0.9.19 - http://forum.iotatoken.com/t/iota-testing-of-0-9-19-has-commenced/274

It is already very simple and easy to use with a UI. You just need to double click two files and you are good to go.

Tutorial - http://forum.iotatoken.com/t/tuto4noobo-how-run-iota-0-9-19-in-windows/322
June 01, 2016, 04:40:25 PM
Guys, current iota team needs to make the decision on which path they will pursue (staying with iota if the foundation fundraising gets at least 5% of total coins or not staying with iota otherwise) before the official launch of the iota. Please use v0.9.19 to claim you coins right now and you will get the donation option during your claiming your coins.

Use 0.9.19 - http://forum.iotatoken.com/t/iota-testing-of-0-9-19-has-commenced/274

It is already very simple and easy to use with a UI. You just need to double click two files and you are good to go.

Tutorial - http://forum.iotatoken.com/t/tuto4noobo-how-run-iota-0-9-19-in-windows/322
legendary
Activity: 1148
June 01, 2016, 04:30:00 PM
For all the whales out there... Fund at least 10%
Activity: 251
June 01, 2016, 04:28:30 PM

to see the funding progress - http://foundation.iotatoken.com/

nice, good to see visual progress
June 01, 2016, 04:20:04 PM

to see the funding progress - http://foundation.iotatoken.com/
legendary
Activity: 1205
June 01, 2016, 04:11:32 PM
I want to donate but I don't know how to claim iotas. Nostalgia does nothing.

Join @ http://chat.iotatoken.com/channel/iotatesting
Activity: 249
June 01, 2016, 04:07:49 PM
I want to donate but I don't know how to claim iotas. Nostalgia does nothing.
legendary
Activity: 1205
June 01, 2016, 04:02:34 PM
I made a donation of 55 590 620 000 to LQBSSGJHAEAWCOSOLUIVVEOZRWNOXIRESSEEQQDSIJWUDVLNIKCHHUTVPYCHCSWPIJKILRDRPRSAVRV KS as promised.  Smiley
Activity: 882
June 01, 2016, 03:36:55 PM
to much ifs imo, what if they survive the reset but disappear on the next reset.

Then I'll try to find the source of that miracle and will become its prophet.

Cheesy i get it, i'm an ape to you
Activity: 882
June 01, 2016, 03:35:46 PM

this would all be no deal for me if you guys say "ok, donations still possible after launch" would make this all so much easier for all of us, wouldn't it?

I have already adressed this on numerous occassions, but I will do it once more:

We do not believe (based on half a decade in this space) that post-launch people will donate significant amounts due to what we got planned. Once IOTA reach a certain status in both media and value greed kicks in. It's human nature. I have seen it several times, I've seen it kill projects and I've seen the exact same behaviour in this very thread numerous times. Therefore we need this to be decided on pre-launch.

ok thanks for chiming in, i think greed will be the driving factor for the foundation to become reality, people are greedy but not stupid  Wink,

anyway even if not, iota is in a strange postion now cause usually its launch and claim, people are just used to it,how many ico accounts claimed so far?
i think a little "Claim Launch" would help ramp up people claiming their iotas and like i said there is tons of people including me that want to donate but won't get their coins until launch cause we don't have genesis accounts, i have a small one but my main position is send to me once this is possible.

For this "little launch" we would need clear communication, Like a "this is it, you can do your business on this tangle now, we encourage all genesis account holders to claim now, its safe" something like that, this is a PR thing at this point also

I don't want to complain, i hope you don't get it that way, i really don't
i just want to help solve this situation , get the foundation funded.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
June 01, 2016, 03:32:08 PM
Some news:

It was a bad decision to adopt address reuse, the scalability got a big negative impact and now I'm reverting this feature. Iota is designed for machines which can live without the address reuse, it's still possible to create a protocol on top of Iota messaging to support aliases for transfers though.

To add to this update:

We'll release a bare-bones UI without all the fancy animations and beautified icons, which will be extremely easy to use and nice, but not the final version, so that everyone can send/receive and experiment with IOTA in last stage of beta that we're entering now. This means everyone should prepare to begin testing, the more testing = the faster release.

Re: reverting decision on reusable addresses, just shows that we need to focus on the machine-2-machine nature of IOTA, not human use, which is why I am so negative towards all those begging for GUI instead of spending time on what matters: IOTA's IoT nature.

On the topic of Foundation: I see a lot of people want to pledge the proceeds from the 'Big deal' sales to the foundation. This is a great thing and I am very proud that we got such a forward thinking community that understand the importance of having continuous growth and active people ensuring future expansion of IOTA. If most of the pledged 'Big deal' proceeds go to the foundation I'll set the new limit on the Foundation to 30 million IOTA, instead of 50 million.

Other than that: There'll be big news will come soon about new partnerships, new website, professional video made and C# client in addition to our JAVA one.

David, can you please comment at your post in bold. At the moment the pledge proceeds of the "Big Deal" seems to be missing in your 5% calculation.
Thanks for your feedback.

Richi
Activity: 714
June 01, 2016, 03:23:31 PM

this would all be no deal for me if you guys say "ok, donations still possible after launch" would make this all so much easier for all of us, wouldn't it?

I have already adressed this on numerous occassions, but I will do it once more:

We do not believe (based on half a decade in this space) that post-launch people will donate significant amounts due to what we got planned. Once IOTA reach a certain status in both media and value greed kicks in. It's human nature. I have seen it several times, I've seen it kill projects and I've seen the exact same behaviour in this very thread numerous times. Therefore we need this to be decided on pre-launch.
Jump to: