Author

Topic: IOTA - page 538. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
June 01, 2016, 03:22:32 PM
to much ifs imo, what if they survive the reset but disappear on the next reset.

Then I'll try to find the source of that miracle and will become its prophet.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
June 01, 2016, 03:20:28 PM
don't get it, of course btc can change hands. question is when can iotas change hands without reset.

If sent iotas survive reset then BTC can change hands. I suggest to check if they will survive.

to much ifs imo, what if they survive the reset but disappear on the next reset.
how far are we from a version that won't be resetet anymore, develpment wise. this hassle doesn't make sense in my point with mainnet or "no more resets net" , what ever a dev calls it ,just around the corner.

it was clear to me the whole time, genesis acoount owners help testing while pre launch, then after launch i hit my guy up und we finish escrow , no need for you to do anything, all cool so far.

now with the  foundation the way its communicated so far , you know, that it needs funding before launch which doesn't make any sense to me, fucks this all up

you get where i'm coming from? i wanted to wait and do my thing after launch naturally, why should i bother you with my escrow deals,

but now i want to donate but after launch can't when donations close before  (again nonsense if true) but i don't want it to be no risky business with rollbacks /resets and shit either, you know,  I want to donate

you get where i'm coming from?

this would all be no deal for me if you guys say "ok, donations still possible after launch" would make this all so much easier for all of us, wouldn't it?
legendary
June 01, 2016, 02:44:02 PM
don't get it, of course btc can change hands. question is when can iotas change hands without reset.

If sent iotas survive reset then BTC can change hands. I suggest to check if they will survive.
June 01, 2016, 02:37:05 PM
whats you opinion on a small "claim launch" that can't be resettet anymore before the update to big launch? people don't wanna transact on a tangle that may be resettet when there is BTC changing hands, many for some. and many with your goals probably . its just to fragile imo

That test will show if BTC can change hands.

legendary
June 01, 2016, 02:31:55 PM
whats you opinion on a small "claim launch" that can't be resettet anymore before the update to big launch? people don't wanna transact on a tangle that may be resettet when there is BTC changing hands, many for some. and many with your goals probably . its just to fragile imo

That test will show if BTC can change hands.
June 01, 2016, 02:26:16 PM
CFB when will we be able to settle our deals from speculation thread?!

We could do it this way:

1. Sellers send iotas.
2. I do tangle reset.
3. Buyers check if the iotas are still in their accounts.

legendary
June 01, 2016, 02:11:54 PM
CFB when will we be able to settle our deals from speculation thread?!

We could do it this way:

1. Sellers send iotas.
2. I do tangle reset.
3. Buyers check if the iotas are still in their accounts.
June 01, 2016, 02:03:13 PM
ok one last time.

CFB when will we be able to settle our deals from speculation thread?! You said you would give your go, i think there is some misunderstanding on if this will resemble the launch release.

Also, how do you guys here define launch? i always thought it would be the launch of mainnet. Isn't it common practice for most ico participants to wait until launch till claiming their coins. i think so. even if you want it different now.

so why the hell has the foundation to be funded before said launch when most investors will probably claim and donate after launch. i just don't get this.
Its like dooming it to fail on purpose.  Huh

is it really that hard to do. launch a version that assures no more rolebacks, call it the "claim launch" , let people claim safely and assured of no more last minute experiments,  let second tier buyers finish their deals , give the foundation a funding timeframe at this stage. then set launch date for final version with all the hurrays and confetti, get you well deserved applause and meanwhile stress the fact that the foundation needs to get funded for this team to go on. then set at deadline for foundation. publish it scream it out on all channels DURING launch. so ALL investors know whats up not just us forum nerds Smiley

Foundation will be funded in no time

legendary
Activity: 1344
June 01, 2016, 01:14:40 PM
any estimates when it will be tradable on exchanges? are you guys in talk with any?

I read in chat that cfb wants it hit exchanges before bitcoin halfing - so all the speculators can dump.
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
June 01, 2016, 11:57:50 AM
i don't mean his escrows. i mean when will we be able to send iota without the fear of a roleback ( he said he would give his go  at one point, yassin can confirm this)  so we could settle our deals from the speculation thread. there has to be a version out before launch that enables that. otherwise i couldn't donate before launch and many others too. also please consider to give it another few weeks after launch to get the foundation funded , what speaks against it. i think alot of people want to wait stable release before claiming and than potentially donating.

0.9.19 is ok for people to claim and donate. It will probably not rollback. But even if it will rollback, the donation will stay and be counted automatically next time. It is important to make your donation now and the team can have a good estimate of how much donation they will get before the official launch. They(the team) need to make the decision before the launch.
Activity: 477
Merit: 250
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
June 01, 2016, 11:37:27 AM
any estimates when it will be tradable on exchanges? are you guys in talk with any?
June 01, 2016, 11:23:21 AM
few questions, how much time will the foundation get to be funded after launch? (by launch i mean the moment cfb gives his go for the escrow deals). whats the current estimate for that moment to arrive?

Not entirely sure how long it'll take for CfB to go through escrow deals. But it will be/not be founded by official launch. Official launch date will be announced this week.

i don't mean his escrows. i mean when will we be able to send iota without the fear of a roleback ( he said he would give his go  at one point, yassin can confirm this)  so we could settle our deals from the speculation thread. there has to be a version out before launch that enables that. otherwise i couldn't donate before launch and many others too. also please consider to give it another few weeks after launch to get the foundation funded , what speaks against it. i think alot of people want to wait stable release before claiming and than potentially donating.
Activity: 714
June 01, 2016, 11:20:37 AM

So I am selling a 1% stake in IOTA token supply for a 25x return. If CfB agrees he can act as escrow. That'll leave me with a small stake which I'll gladly donate 5% from. If anyone wants to own 1% of IOTA let me know. I don't agree with what's happening with the foundation funding from donations, but for those who feel comfortable with that, here's a chance to get on board. I know IOTA is not at 25X yet, but when it is I want to move on regardless of what happens from here.

Let's just put this into perspective, you are complaining about us giving you a 25x ROI without you lifting a finger? And you want the person who worked the hardest to achieve exactly that 'replaced' because he refuse to be treated like a slave by you? I thought no one could top altcoinUK, but you did. Congrats
June 01, 2016, 11:00:44 AM
So exactly what is your complaint here, other than us not being your slaves because you bought a product with WELL DEFINED terms that excluded your right to think of us as slaves?

Well, I think ToS and Risk papers were read only by very few buyers...

It's ironic how many crypto guys aren't even able to read clear text
legendary
June 01, 2016, 10:55:55 AM
So exactly what is your complaint here, other than us not being your slaves because you bought a product with WELL DEFINED terms that excluded your right to think of us as slaves?

Well, I think ToS and Risk papers were read only by very few buyers...
June 01, 2016, 10:53:40 AM
Premine is not an option for now. It has been restated many times by the team. Forget about it. You only option is to donate. Yes, there is still a risk if you donate 5% and other don't. But it is much a bigger risk if you don't donate. So you got a smaller risk if donating. On top of that, if you donate and the foundation is still not be created, I guess that you as a donator might have a chance to be considered and be given some kind of privilege in the team's future projects.

Read your statement above and imagine you are the CEO of a large company considering investing with CfB and David.

Would a 'deal' made with these guys be worth much knowing what they've done with previous business partners?

Time to call a spade a spade. Working with people who change conditions with threats is very risky

I missed this post.

What 'deal' have we made with any 'previous business partners' that we have not honored? Jinn project? Well underway. IOTA? It's software that you have had the chance to confirm is not vaporware since January.

legendary
June 01, 2016, 10:43:59 AM
Why do you delete my constructive, civil and intelligent posts? You break my heart with this hostile attitude.

Oh, sorry. I used to delete your posts without reading automatically. Now I see that your posts indeed can be constructive, civil and intelligent. Sorry once again.
Activity: 588
Merit: 503
Free Julian Assange
June 01, 2016, 10:41:34 AM
Does the 1.0 coming out today as promised?

Extra time is required to add extra protection against https://arxiv.org/abs/1605.07524.

Nice! thanks for the explanation.
Activity: 784
June 01, 2016, 10:31:43 AM
Why do you delete my constructive, civil and intelligent posts? You break my heart with this hostile attitude.
June 01, 2016, 10:29:20 AM
few questions, how much time will the foundation get to be funded after launch? (by launch i mean the moment cfb gives his go for the escrow deals). whats the current estimate for that moment to arrive?

Not entirely sure how long it'll take for CfB to go through escrow deals. But it will be/not be founded by official launch. Official launch date will be announced this week.
Jump to: