Author

Topic: IOTA - page 597. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100
cryptoPag.com
April 07, 2016, 03:53:53 PM
Well, I do check in on the chat page about 2-3 times a day, throughout the day.  A lot is going on, but it's hard to summarize.  The biggest need now is that people who can build the java files for version 0.9.0 (the one with the update address scheme) need to run it and test that they can send/receive transactions and messages.  Some users are already testing, but only a couple.

The more testers we get, the closer we can get to the final public reference implementation.

Thank you. It's good to hear that.  Smiley
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
April 07, 2016, 03:46:15 PM
Well, I do check in on the chat page about 2-3 times a day, throughout the day.  A lot is going on, but it's hard to summarize.  The biggest need now is that people who can build the java files for version 0.9.0 (the one with the update address scheme) need to run it and test that they can send/receive transactions and messages.  Some users are already testing, but only a couple.

The more testers we get, the closer we can get to the final public reference implementation.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
cryptoPag.com
April 07, 2016, 03:40:07 PM
Indeed, it's not the huge news that is (at this stage) still potential, nor is it the 'Big Deal'. True huge news will only come if the foundation is established, so this should be the primary focus of the community leading up to launch.

Are you referring to more funds needed for Foundation or members needed to join Foundation (or both)?

Funding of the foundation. There is SO much going on behind the scenes that will only happen if the Foundation is established (this is a demand from the big companies too), so everyone should focus on making that happen ASAP pre-launch.

I think it wont happen until we have a way of sending iotas with the prelaunch GUI to a "foundation address", so sending really means something and there is no turning back.

Giving promises of donating is just weird and probably very far from reality once we can really donate. I hope it gets much better then.
Yes, that's kind of my sentiments.  Who knows what this will really look like.  With or without a UI, as soon as the client can send funds, I hope that a foundation address is created so that I (and many others) can just send funds at their discretion.

Agreed.

For me it feels like iota is already losing its momentum due ist appearance to be stuck, at least from my perspective of "normal layman user".

Maybe things would (at least) feel different if there was an "easier" access to updated information (unfortunatelly I cannot hang around an online chat all the time, that might be the reason why I am feeling more and more disappointed "hopeless").
rlh
Activity: 804
April 07, 2016, 01:32:51 PM
Yes, that's kind of my sentiments.  Who knows what this will really look like.  With or without a UI, as soon as the client can send funds, I hope that a foundation address is created so that I (and many others) can just send funds at their discretion.
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
April 07, 2016, 01:29:57 PM
Indeed, it's not the huge news that is (at this stage) still potential, nor is it the 'Big Deal'. True huge news will only come if the foundation is established, so this should be the primary focus of the community leading up to launch.

Are you referring to more funds needed for Foundation or members needed to join Foundation (or both)?

Funding of the foundation. There is SO much going on behind the scenes that will only happen if the Foundation is established (this is a demand from the big companies too), so everyone should focus on making that happen ASAP pre-launch.

I think it wont happen until we have a way of sending iotas with the prelaunch GUI to a "foundation address", so sending really means something and there is no turning back.

Giving promises of donating is just weird and probably very far from reality once we can really donate. I hope it gets much better then.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
April 07, 2016, 12:37:59 PM

legendary
Activity: 1470
April 07, 2016, 11:49:20 AM

Activity: 588
Merit: 503
Free Julian Assange
April 07, 2016, 11:18:09 AM
I would like to be in London, i have a friend of mine that lives here so i have also an home!

It would be nice also to know you people in face and drink a beer together!

Activity: 714
April 07, 2016, 10:24:33 AM
Great news! Is it the big news everyone was talking about a few weeks ago or is it just a minor one and the real big news is related to MIT and NASA?  Wink

IOTA will be the backbone of the ElectricChain and at the heart of the first ChainOfThings event to explore data integrity and security in ecosystems such as smart-grids.

Anyone here in London at the end of May?

Read more at:
http://www.chainofthings.com/casestudy

That is not the big news or "The Big Deal".  Wink

Activity: 695
April 07, 2016, 08:43:46 AM
Great news! Is it the big news everyone was talking about a few weeks ago or is it just a minor one and the real big news is related to MIT and NASA?  Wink

IOTA will be the backbone of the ElectricChain and at the heart of the first ChainOfThings event to explore data integrity and security in ecosystems such as smart-grids.

Read more at:

That is not the big news or "The Big Deal".  Wink
Activity: 658
Merit: 1003
April 06, 2016, 06:03:45 AM
You will launch Iota some day?

x13
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Things are called shit for a reason, dear.
April 07, 2016, 07:51:46 AM

Read more at:
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
April 06, 2016, 02:03:58 PM
Usually the case will be that once the wallet gui is released and you have your IOTA address, you transfer all assets you got from AE back to the asset issuer along with your IOTA address in the message. Contact the seller to confirm still though.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
April 06, 2016, 01:28:46 PM
So I've been following the thread but I am still confused.

I bought some IOTA on NXT AE, do I wait for my address to redeem? are the addresses already made? Is the list only for the initial investors?

Can someone clear this up for everyone else and also myself?
plz contacted seller AE, it will tell you the next procedure!!  Smiley

dont forgot read this plz https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/iota-iota-speculation-1360660
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
April 06, 2016, 01:19:44 PM
So I've been following the thread but I am still confused.

I bought some IOTA on NXT AE, do I wait for my address to redeem? are the addresses already made? Is the list only for the initial investors?

Can someone clear this up for everyone else and also myself?
Activity: 41
Merit: 8
April 06, 2016, 01:07:35 PM
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
April 06, 2016, 12:58:14 PM
To all the anxious cynics, the naysayers and the *when will this thing be launched* crowd - I challenge you to understand and fully grasp the ideas and mechanisms of the IOTA protocol before it launches. My guess - It will launch before most of us can figure it all out.
You can start here - https://www.docdroid.net/xdARu5z/tangle-paper-rev.pdf.html16

This is pure innovation and invention we are talking about here, not your usual software roll-out. It is the birth of a self-stabilizing and self-protecting channel of transactions that flow in a rapid stream of immutable truth!

Be patient, such advances in software don't happen overnight.

** Fixed the link:
https://www.docdroid.net/xdARu5z/tangle-paper-rev.pdf.html
Activity: 41
Merit: 8
April 06, 2016, 12:52:48 PM
To all the anxious cynics, the naysayers and the *when will this thing be launched* crowd - I challenge you to understand and fully grasp the ideas and mechanisms of the IOTA protocol before it launches. My guess - It will launch before most of us can figure it all out.
You can start here - https://www.docdroid.net/xdARu5z/tangle-paper-rev.pdf.html

This is pure innovation and invention we are talking about here, not your usual software roll-out. It is the birth of a self-stabilizing and self-protecting channel of transactions that flow in a rapid stream of immutable truth!

Be patient, such advances in software don't happen overnight.

legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003
April 06, 2016, 06:54:07 AM
You will launch Iota some day?

This week  Huh

Usual developer's answer is: when it's done.
Hope it will happen until USA President election in this autumn.
Activity: 675
Merit: 254
So far so good
April 06, 2016, 06:53:46 AM
This week for sure? What day?
Jump to: