Author

Topic: IOTA - page 595. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
April 09, 2016, 02:01:28 AM

As I said, I can donate 100% from 3 500 000 IOTA in BTC, it's my pledge for Big Deal, for the Foundation.

That's a generous offer! What iota:btc exchange rate are you using to calculate '100% from 3 500 000 IOTA in BTC'?

What is the current price of IOTA?
I don't think about the price in BTC or Fiat. I do not care, it's equal for me.
I think about the price in Iota and how much it is worth to me to get the things started.
This is what I can do for the community at the moment.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
April 09, 2016, 01:47:45 AM
I din't UNDERSTAND?HuhHuhHuh?? WHERE IS THAT FFFFFFFUUUUU   GUI???
thanks

It will be "days" Wink
really fed up of this shit from decemder

To me, the GUI having taken so long time means only that it must be made to be good quality, not halfway rushed. I am grateful for that.

No, the reason GUI has taken so long is that the 2 teams we outsourced to were the most unprofessional people ever who delayed the GUI with over 2 months through lies and deceit. One of them still refusing to hand over some of the files. The other reason is that we restructured core part of IOTA, which required an almost complete redo of the GUI. All of which everyone has been notified of ad nauseam.

Hopefully! We will find many another SHIT TO NOT START GUI TILL DECEMBER... 20..DON'T KNOW YEAR...
Activity: 655
Merit: 500
April 09, 2016, 01:21:22 AM
At this point it's impossible to accurately account for the value of the "double pledges" because nobody knows at what price the Iotas will be bought for in the "Deal".

As for the foundation being created or not, I don't understand why the issue is so black and white. Surely a partially funded foundation is still worth having. I mean if we can reach 30,000,000 Iotas that is roughly equivalent to 1000 BTC at recent exchange rates. That's a great start in my opinion. Most crypto projects could only dream of having that much funding at such an early stage.

And I understand why David would want to collect mostly Iotas for the foundation because their value most closely relates to the value of the project/organization but I definitely think holding part of the funds in BTC is not only beneficial, for price fluctuations, but necessary because we will collect more funds that way.

Our method of contribution is also not so black and white. For example, when this all becomes more real and there is really an address to send to to make the deal happen, I will probably increase my contribution. Then, when I am compensated (at a price yet unknown) I will donate most of my proceeds to the foundation. If I'm very happy with the deal I may donate all of my proceeds. If the deal doesn't quite measure up to my expectations I may donate 70% of my proceeds. Either way most of the money stays within the Iota value system, which I think is important.

Good post! I think if donations cover foundation membership, and that membership has some benefits, then the target will be reached easily.  Is the goal to have full-time paid staff working in the foundation? How much I donate (once there's an address) will depend on the structure of the foundation, so before we know that it's hard to pledge for something unknown, even though I'm supportive of the foundation in a general sense.
Activity: 655
April 09, 2016, 01:15:21 AM

As I said, I can donate 100% from 3 500 000 IOTA in BTC, it's my pledge for Big Deal, for the Foundation.

That's a generous offer! What iota:btc exchange rate are you using to calculate '100% from 3 500 000 IOTA in BTC'?

What is the current price of IOTA?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
April 09, 2016, 12:48:27 AM

Good post and agree with what you say. Interesting idea to donate your proceeds from Deal sale to Foundation.
Activity: 52
April 08, 2016, 11:35:11 PM
At this point it's impossible to accurately account for the value of the "double pledges" because nobody knows at what price the Iotas will be bought for in the "Deal".

As for the foundation being created or not, I don't understand why the issue is so black and white. Surely a partially funded foundation is still worth having. I mean if we can reach 30,000,000 Iotas that is roughly equivalent to 1000 BTC at recent exchange rates. That's a great start in my opinion. Most crypto projects could only dream of having that much funding at such an early stage.

And I understand why David would want to collect mostly Iotas for the foundation because their value most closely relates to the value of the project/organization but I definitely think holding part of the funds in BTC is not only beneficial, for price fluctuations, but necessary because we will collect more funds that way.

Our method of contribution is also not so black and white. For example, when this all becomes more real and there is really an address to send to to make the deal happen, I will probably increase my contribution. Then, when I am compensated (at a price yet unknown) I will donate most of my proceeds to the foundation. If I'm very happy with the deal I may donate all of my proceeds. If the deal doesn't quite measure up to my expectations I may donate 70% of my proceeds. Either way most of the money stays within the Iota value system, which I think is important.
April 08, 2016, 10:13:17 PM
If iotatoken and the community agrees, I guess that would be a good idea.

great!

So then can we get the spreadsheet adjust to reflections these "double pledges"?
To me, the GUI having taken so long time means only that it must be made to be good quality, not halfway rushed. I am grateful for that.
same here. I dont care waiting, i just want a good product
Me too. This is really very important.

We are 43% funded for the foundation! If everyone who donated 10% or less doubles their donation we will be very close!

This should be an easy decision to make because the ones who already pledged to donate 10% or less already see the value in donating. They just need to increase the impact they are making!

OR, all those who have contributed to the "deal" could also pledge the proceeds from the sale to the foundation. that will make us at around 86% Cheesy

That's my plan from the beginning: 100% of the btc collected from the iota I pledged for the deal goes to foundation.
Great idea. It makes our plans come true soon.

Activity: 173
Merit: 100
April 08, 2016, 09:37:28 PM
great!

So then can we get the spreadsheet adjust to reflections these "double pledges"?

We are 43% funded for the foundation! If everyone who donated 10% or less doubles their donation we will be very close!

This should be an easy decision to make because the ones who already pledged to donate 10% or less already see the value in donating. They just need to increase the impact they are making!

OR, all those who have contributed to the "deal" could also pledge the proceeds from the sale to the foundation. that will make us at around 86% Cheesy

That's my plan from the beginning: 100% of the btc collected from the iota I pledged for the deal goes to foundation.

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
April 08, 2016, 09:36:02 PM
Explain what happens if the foundation does not get fully funded?

It'll be funded.

I feel confident too, but it would motivate people if they knew what the alternative will be (no foundation)
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
April 08, 2016, 08:58:32 PM

It'll be funded.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
April 08, 2016, 06:08:14 PM

Your and my iotas will cost lower and speed of development will be lower Sad

By the way, I just make an image of future: in 10 years from now there will be no bitcoin, there will be one IOTA mega tangle, which will be a backbone for just a few mega-blockchains, probably R3 consortium for banks, Linux Foundation hyperladger for corporations, and thousands small "proprietary" blockchains.

Damn, those guys (CfB and iotatoken) teaches to THINK BIG.

Activity: 251
April 08, 2016, 05:55:54 PM
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
April 08, 2016, 11:25:52 AM
I don't worry about time. The quality is much more important.
Activity: 715
April 08, 2016, 11:18:40 AM

No, the reason GUI has taken so long is that the 2 teams we outsourced to were the most unprofessional people ever who delayed the GUI with over 2 months through lies and deceit. One of them still refusing to hand over some of the files. The other reason is that we restructured core part of IOTA, which required an almost complete redo of the GUI. All of which everyone has been notified of ad nauseam.

That's unfortunate. I've always been a firm believer in hiring someone within the community (if possible). When you outsource development, you are dealing with unknown entities, timeframes, and bug-fix availability as well as someone who doesn't really give a shit about the project. Sounds like you now have someone who will be a long term member/contributor to the community and can update/fix the client as needed.  Like others here, I do believe GUI will bring about more enthusiasm, testing, and donations to Foundation.
April 08, 2016, 11:08:24 AM

Activity: 530
April 08, 2016, 10:46:05 AM
When will the exchanger?
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
April 08, 2016, 10:28:32 AM
Me too.
dont worry, same here  Wink
Activity: 406
April 08, 2016, 10:25:41 AM

Let's hope all those who pledged pay up. I think once the GUI is released it'll be fine, but pledges need follow up to convert into actual donations.
Activity: 763
April 08, 2016, 10:17:11 AM
Me too.
Activity: 350
April 08, 2016, 09:18:27 AM
I din't UNDERSTAND?HuhHuhHuh?? WHERE IS THAT FFFFFFFUUUUU   GUI???
thanks

It will be "days" Wink
really fed up of this shit from decemder

Jump to: