Author

Topic: IOTA - page 599. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
April 05, 2016, 09:25:44 AM
Wrong assumption! With such a long waiting period, ANY design will make us happy, if it does what it has to do.  Grin

Even black/white version a-la 1997?  Grin

great year
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
April 05, 2016, 09:17:37 AM
So it is nothing to do with address not in the list?

Addresses not in the list are incorrect and should be regenerated when GUI is released.
Activity: 358
Merit: 250
April 05, 2016, 09:09:47 AM
Activity: 577
Merit: 500
April 05, 2016, 08:50:24 AM
Wrong assumption! With such a long waiting period, ANY design will make us happy, if it does what it has to do.  Grin

Even better, an so much faster
legendary
April 05, 2016, 08:49:18 AM

April 05, 2016, 08:42:55 AM
CfB just post one prtsc of GUI and make my day

Cheesy

We have been waiting for the GUI for such long period of time that now even a super-sleek design won't make us satisfied. PrtSc will make it only worse.

legendary
April 05, 2016, 08:40:16 AM

Cheesy

We have been waiting for the GUI for such long period of time that now even a super-sleek design won't make us satisfied. PrtSc will make it only worse.
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018
April 05, 2016, 08:32:03 AM
Message to IOTA token developers: Do you have a mailing list? Why don't you announce GUI on your mailing list because IT SEEMS available, but I'm really not sure... It's like, you must follow 5 forum threads full of crap to MAYBE get a glimpse of what is available or not. I honestly think you're lacking communication discipline a bit. And sorry for a ranting tone, but it's not out of nowhere.

yes, I am not really comfortbale with this either! And I did sign up for a newsletter...
Activity: 588
Merit: 503
Free Julian Assange
legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
April 05, 2016, 07:22:23 AM

Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
April 05, 2016, 07:07:14 AM
Then please hear my word of advice: Don't talk about that process of conversions of addresses here until GUI is not available and working. It just adds to confusion and you're spending your time answering questions asked by confused holders of IOTA, and I'm certanly not the only one if I may observe.

Talk about it when GUI is released and some sellers will already have sent funds to the old address format without reading release change log.
Better to confuse people now than when they have the possibility to mess up.
legendary
April 05, 2016, 07:05:13 AM
Then please hear my word of advice: Don't talk about that process of conversions of addresses here until GUI is not available and working. It just adds to confusion and you're spending your time answering questions asked by confused holders of IOTA, and I'm certanly not the only one if I may observe.

There was an explicit request to clarify that thing, would you advise to ignore it?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
April 05, 2016, 07:04:16 AM
Yes, we have mailing list. Subscribe on http://iotatoken.com.

Already subcribed from the beginning...

GUI is not available yet, we need to test some things first.

The conversion is significant (from security pov), so imo he did well for notifying us. Plus there is nothing else that this process requires us to do.

Imagine the confusion that holders would have if they see suddenly the new address..
legendary
Activity: 888
Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.
April 05, 2016, 06:57:24 AM
Yes, we have mailing list. Subscribe on http://iotatoken.com.

Already subcribed from the beginning...

GUI is not available yet, we need to test some things first.

legendary
April 05, 2016, 06:49:50 AM
Well, I see my old address here with the correct amount. I have not done any tx, it is just the first address I got with my seed.
So, when the GUI is out i use my seed and this address will be converted to a new one?

Yes.
April 05, 2016, 06:49:16 AM
But I still can see my old address here. Correct?

Not sure. It's not usable, any iotas sent to an old address will be lost.

Well, I see my old address here with the correct amount. I have not done any tx, it is just the first address I got with my seed.
So, when the GUI is out i use my seed and this address will be converted to a new one?
Jump to: