Author

Topic: IOTA - page 675. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 939
Merit: 256
February 11, 2016, 09:39:05 AM

and close your annoying thread

Why are you telling ME this?   Go ask NxtChg why he declined my offer ages ago.

It's between you and nxtchg, so take it private, that's my point. PM'ing other sim investors and abusing them is weird psycho behavior. CfB is pretending to support you for some fun (and nxtchg is a competitor with some history) but I seriously doubt he is condoning your PM abuse of guys like dzarmush, and negative trust rating dozens of other innocent investors.

If you didn't even PM nxtchg before escalating to abuse mode then you're at fault.

ok, I'm out, back to iota (sorry for distraction)
legendary
Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004
February 11, 2016, 09:16:26 AM
That's not nice of him to claim credit for an idea, which is already well known.

I also sincerely hope that he genuinely gone mad with his Jinn and now Iota, and isn't simply trying to scam people for money...

There are insane promises again, same as in Jinn, with very little technical info. The whitepaper is mostly gibberish, it only looks "scientific" in form, not substance.

As with other papers on DAG-based cryptos, it doesn't answer any meaningful questions, instead the author is focusing on some sort of abstract metric, and then doing some calculations in the forest of formulas to create as much smoke and mirrors as possible. Argh...

I wouldn't touch anything CfB does with a ten foot pole.

somebody did read the whole paper and can elaborate on how solid the base design might be? to my believe advancing over blockchain size and timing limitation is a huge step towards into a possible future.
seriously, there is more to win than to lose
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
February 11, 2016, 09:15:42 AM
From what I know smaragda never contacted NxtChg directly on this matter. He PMd to Simcoin investors, created a topic on this forum and posted there every day some odd stuff about embezzling psychopath and thieves but never PMd to NxtChg.

It doesn't make sense to talk to NxtChg, I can say this judging by my own experience communicating with NxtChg. He demonstrated childish behavior several times, my favorite case is https://simtalk.org:444/index.php?topic=134.msg569#msg569 (which was refuted by https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/iota-nxt/msg198131/#msg198131). So PMing Simcoin investors was the best Smaragda could do.

PS: Looks like we are derailing the thread, let's get back on track.
February 11, 2016, 09:11:00 AM
From what I know smaragda never contacted NxtChg directly on this matter. He PMd to Simcoin investors, created a topic on this forum and posted there every day some odd stuff about embezzling psychopath and thieves but never PMd to NxtChg.

@smaragda, just PM nxtchg and deal direct one-to-one, resolve your issue like an adult, leave others out of it, and close your annoying thread

... back to iota
February 11, 2016, 09:05:14 AM
It's obvious why nxtchg froze his funds

Looks like noone doubts that NxtChg stole Smaragda's money but noone bats an eye...

i wonder why nobody supports smaragda, maybe they don't believe him, or just don't like him, and put his case down to karma. did nxtchg steal the funds, or did he freeze them in retaliation? either way it's nothing to do with dzarmush, that's a fact
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
February 11, 2016, 09:05:09 AM
Looks like noone doubts that NxtChg stole Smaragda's money but noone bats an eye...

February 11, 2016, 08:57:03 AM
Why raise this bollocks in the iota thread anyway?

Look closer...   I didn't!   Wink

Yes you did ...

Simcoin is the first one blockless coin.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!   Cry

Edit:  Check dzarmush's Trust and/or my signature for more information.

dzarmush mentioned simcoin and you pointed to your negative trust rating of him on the basis of his INVESTMENT in simcoin, that's insane, and you negatively rated every other passive sim investor in a similar fashion ... that's really weird .. and has nothing to do with iota, other than dzarmush said sim is blockless, which got you creaming your shorts in a nxtchg flashback .. dzarmush  has nothing to do with simcoin, does he?
legendary
February 11, 2016, 08:55:56 AM

February 11, 2016, 08:43:36 AM
What a weirdo, this smaragda guy. I don't even have any connection to Sim except that I invested in it, although he PMd me that I'm fucking psychopath and I should refund his Sim money. And all I did was just ingnoring this strange little man.

Ha-ha-ha ) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=126291
Looks like he blames the whole world, not only me.
Blaming simcoin investors is just insane behavior, on a par with racism, or any other prejudice based on factors other than a persons own character and behavior. Why do investors in a decentralised coin project have any obligation to anyone? smaragda is obviously a nut-case to carry on like this and has zero credibility imo. It's obvious why nxtchg froze his funds ... he's a rude psychopath, and simcoin dev gave him a spank for being a wanker. Why raise this bollocks in the iota thread anyway? Just madness I guess

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
February 11, 2016, 07:54:28 AM

A world with the money can not be perfect.

PS: Didn't see a connection with Simcoin in his trust rating.

PPS: Ah, your feedback is hidden in "Untrusted feedback" section.

What a weirdo, this smaragda guy. I don't even have any connection to Sim except that I invested in it, although he PMd me that I'm fucking psychopath and I should refund his Sim money. And all I did was just ingnoring this strange little man.

Ha-ha-ha ) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=126291
Looks like he blames the whole world, not only me.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
February 11, 2016, 07:01:34 AM
hey yassin54. just to mention, thanks for your numerous helpfull hands. it spreads good moods.  Cool
Thanks!!  Kiss Kiss
A pleasure!!  Smiley
Activity: 597
Merit: 500
February 11, 2016, 06:53:15 AM
hey yassin54. just to mention, thanks for your numerous helpfull hands. it spreads good moods.  Cool
legendary
February 11, 2016, 06:32:44 AM
I can now buy somewhere a few Iota, or need to wait for the launch on the stock exchange? thank you

you can find more detail here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13847135  Wink
Activity: 952
www.pumpmycoin.com
February 11, 2016, 06:15:57 AM
I can now buy somewhere a few Iota, or need to wait for the launch on the stock exchange? thank you
legendary
February 11, 2016, 05:39:54 AM

A world with the money can not be perfect.

PS: Didn't see a connection with Simcoin in his trust rating.

PPS: Ah, your feedback is hidden in "Untrusted feedback" section.
legendary
February 11, 2016, 05:38:26 AM
please do not pollute the threads with speculation, make a separate thread about it.
done!!  Wink
if you need speak speculation price plz post here   https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/iota-iota-speculation-1360660

and if you need invitation Ryver, Just sent me MP your email  Wink

PS: Sorry my english not good, if dont know héhé  Grin
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
February 11, 2016, 02:45:10 AM
So in short: it's a complex issue. We will fight hard to keep all our software and hardware untampered, and just like other technology companies are increasingly calling out for: we will be open and transparent about it all the way.

They might not give you the option to be open and transparent about it.
legendary
Activity: 1148
February 11, 2016, 01:24:14 AM
legendary
Activity: 1148
February 11, 2016, 01:23:35 AM
will keep follow this project.
Activity: 386
Merit: 250
February 11, 2016, 12:43:27 AM
U.S. government to use IoT devices to spy on citizens. No surprise there.

http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2016/02/10/top-u-s-official-admits-government-will-use-internet-of-things-to-spy-on-the-public/

My question is, can and should Jinn Labs take an official position on this? To what degree is it possible to develop products that account for such government misuses?

Good question. Off the bat I am 100% pro-encryption and privacy. This is something that we've been giving a considerable amount of contemplation. It is completely inevitable that governments will use IoT ( which is soon all technology ) to acquire information about the world and its inhabitants, this is a given. It is also uncontroversial at this point ( after leaks and official announcements ) to state that governments do indeed force backdoors into software and hardware. In our company this is not a binary issue ( remember we're all about trinary logic Wink ), there is no simple right or wrong here and it is hard to predict what to do in an instance where governing officials give you the choice of either complying - at least to some extent - to their demands or be out of business, not because of the potential profit loss, but because of the other benefits of what the tech you are creating bring to the world.

So in short: it's a complex issue. We will fight hard to keep all our software and hardware untampered, and just like other technology companies are increasingly calling out for: we will be open and transparent about it all the way.

I do not want a dystopic future where governments got borderline omnipresence and omnipotence due to the ubiquity of technology, but this is no black/white issue, there are a ton of upsides to traffic monitoring sensors in terms of resolving crime, providing immediate help in emergencies etc. Likewise there is an immeasurable benefit from wearables and implantable health technologies that stream their data directly to healthcare professionals etc. to prevent death and disease and so on and on and on.

This is an issue I personally have given a ton of thought, which is why I am on hobby side work on distributed-decentralized identity together with Dominik (www.composui.com), with the goal of enabling people to keep their data secure and safe, but at the same time useful through something like zero-knowledge-proofs. So you can be sure that this is something I, as the leader of Jinn/IOTA, take very very seriously.

But again I want to stress that this is not a black/white issue with simple answers.

Even a decade ago, it wouldn't be surprising to hear a scientist say that his or her scientific discoveries were morally, socially, politically, and psychologically neutral. Of course we can quite easily see now that no innovation or genuine discovery happens in a vacuum. But not everyone embraces the responsibility and the complexity of their research and creations. Thank you for such a thoughtful response.

My hope is that the knowledge and technology can grow together with the best interests of the community and all who might be affected by it. More than a hope - it is something to which I would like to contribute, though I do not know how at the moment. As you suggest, there are no shortcuts or simple, singular answers when so much is at stake.
Jump to: