Author

Topic: IOTA - page 704. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
December 22, 2015, 03:19:51 PM
Just to make sure (don't want to screw it up). Do you need anything but access to your Bitcoin address (send address) when performing the collection?

Yes, enough money to send. The amounts are pretty big, I expect to get another 900 BTC this way.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
December 22, 2015, 03:16:58 PM
No. It just contains the regular website, not collection framework.

CTRL+F5

Just to make sure (don't want to screw it up). Do you need anything but access to your Bitcoin address (send address) when performing the collection?
December 22, 2015, 03:10:32 PM

Not dreaming here:
Step 1

Open this link
Step 2

Disconnect from the internet (important!)
Step 3

Type in your secret password (keep this secret!) and save the address that will be generated. The password can only consist of latin characters in lower case and the digit '9'. We highly recommend that you store these locally on paper or in something like KeePass to ensure that it's not lost or compromised.
Step 4

Connect to the internet again and type the address that you just generated into the form below. Hit 'Send' to get the amount of satoshis to transfer in order to verify your ownership.
Step 5

Transfer the amount as instructed in the previous step to 1G8hh3bHMMhZSATwisBVbGFSYBKK3Suib8 from the same address that you purchased IOTA from.

Oh snap. I tested on mobile, perhaps why the link didn't show any info.
legendary
December 22, 2015, 03:02:02 PM
The community can track the collection process on http://188.138.57.93/ac

This link can also be used if you forgot the amount to send.
Activity: 1069
Merit: 682
December 22, 2015, 02:55:46 PM

Not dreaming here:
Step 1

Open this link
Step 2

Disconnect from the internet (important!)
Step 3

Type in your secret password (keep this secret!) and save the address that will be generated. The password can only consist of latin characters in lower case and the digit '9'. We highly recommend that you store these locally on paper or in something like KeePass to ensure that it's not lost or compromised.
Step 4

Connect to the internet again and type the address that you just generated into the form below. Hit 'Send' to get the amount of satoshis to transfer in order to verify your ownership.
Step 5

Transfer the amount as instructed in the previous step to 1G8hh3bHMMhZSATwisBVbGFSYBKK3Suib8 from the same address that you purchased IOTA from.
legendary
December 22, 2015, 02:55:00 PM

CTRL+F5
December 22, 2015, 02:52:02 PM

Activity: 588
Merit: 503
Free Julian Assange
December 22, 2015, 02:51:37 PM

wow!

i'm still waiting to official post for doing the procedure..
December 22, 2015, 02:50:59 PM
So am I understanding right that we can collect our Iotas some time after christmas?

I thought the collection page would be live sometime today?

A little update:

Tomorrow I'm going to complete refactoring the code and writing the comments, after that I'll send back-end code to those who offered to do the review.
Front-end won't be ready by Xmas, because we decided to rewrite it completely - first impression is very important (and also iotas won't be claimed till that date anyway).
I stripped out code that decides which tangle tips to extend, during beta phase all nodes will work with help of a special "coordinator" node, this solves problem of someone cloning Iota right away. After the release coordination can be disabled (it's up to a node operator), we will still be running the coordinator, it's necessary to protect Iota until it gets enough hashing power.

Ah, the for the update. I 100% agree that stressing out barebones  or flawed distribution is a bad idea.
Activity: 1069
Merit: 682
December 22, 2015, 02:44:35 PM
Free Julian Assange
December 22, 2015, 02:37:57 PM
So am I understanding right that we can collect our Iotas some time after christmas?

A little update:

Tomorrow I'm going to complete refactoring the code and writing the comments, after that I'll send back-end code to those who offered to do the review.
Front-end won't be ready by Xmas, because we decided to rewrite it completely - first impression is very important (and also iotas won't be claimed till that date anyway).
I stripped out code that decides which tangle tips to extend, during beta phase all nodes will work with help of a special "coordinator" node, this solves problem of someone cloning Iota right away. After the release coordination can be disabled (it's up to a node operator), we will still be running the coordinator, it's necessary to protect Iota until it gets enough hashing power.
December 22, 2015, 02:35:18 PM

Free Julian Assange
December 22, 2015, 01:34:04 PM

I have started an Italian language topic about IOTA. I hope the Italian Comunity will help this project.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/iota-thread-per-evitare-di-buttare-i-vostri-soldi-1300272
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
December 22, 2015, 01:30:54 PM

Free Julian Assange
December 22, 2015, 01:29:20 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated in the thread as we go along. Can these updates be condensed somewhere (twitter, this thread's op, the website) so that people not actively following the thread can have the info?

Good idea, i think CfB is full of work right now , but for sure  it will post an updated time schedule these days.

to remember that we are also at Christmas time, probably he has some time to spend with his family too..
vgo
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1019
December 22, 2015, 12:48:41 PM
Show me the... news!!!
legendary
December 22, 2015, 12:29:24 PM
Sorry for my ignorance but is "SaM" hashing the full process of taking a clear text string (the users passphrase) and converting it to an address hash?

Because in your code, you have operations such as 9 hashing rounds x (729 iterations for some left/right calculations + another 729 iterations for left/right index assignments and look ups.)  So, that operation alone is 13,122 operations within your transform method... which gets called multiple times per address.

Again, I need to dig into this and figure out the point of each step in your code, but with the exception of initializing the INDICES table just once, I have to execute all of your code for each address.

I hate to ask for a cheat, but are there other ways that some of this could be cached or simplified for barebones address creation?

SaM is just a hash function - https://github.com/JinnLabs/SaM/blob/master/src/SaM.java. A single hash requires 19683 lookups to F.
Activity: 360
Merit: 250
Token
December 22, 2015, 12:15:30 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated in the thread as we go along. Can these updates be condensed somewhere (twitter, this thread's op, the website) so that people not actively following the thread can have the info?
legendary
December 22, 2015, 12:12:47 PM

Is it possible to send IOTA without internet connection? Of course, I also think it is very likely impossible. It's said that bitcoin can be transferred with radio wave. So if IOTA can be sent via it, IOTA can be used in many application cases.

Yes.
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
December 22, 2015, 11:47:09 AM
Sorry for my ignorance but is "SaM" hashing the full process of taking a clear text string (the users passphrase) and converting it to an address hash?

Because in your code, you have operations such as 9 hashing rounds x (729 iterations for some left/right calculations + another 729 iterations for left/right index assignments and look ups.)  So, that operation alone is 13,122 operations within your transform method... which gets called multiple times per address.

Again, I need to dig into this and figure out the point of each step in your code, but with the exception of initializing the INDICES table just once, I have to execute all of your code for each address.

I hate to ask for a cheat, but are there other ways that some of this could be cached or simplified for barebones address creation?
Jump to: