Author

Topic: IOTA - page 699. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
December 30, 2015, 08:05:49 AM
Damn, i didnt realise the crowdsale had been. How much IOTA per BTC were they?
1 000 000 000 Iota for 930.96250857 BTC and 58703 Jinn.

damn thats a lot iota per btc , too bad the ico is over and me including many missed it, guess we have to buy after ico for half the price
like 80% of the ico's Cheesy.

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012
December 30, 2015, 05:45:25 AM
so i guess it's too late to buy some iotas ? No nxt asset either ?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
December 30, 2015, 04:41:25 AM

The old addresses in /ac have disappeared. There are a few new. Do I have to enter the address new or is there a different list than /old.txt and /ac? Where? Thank you.

If you entered in once then no need to enter it again.
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
December 30, 2015, 03:16:07 AM
1 000 000 000 Iota for 930.96250857 BTC and 58703 Jinn.

Edit: 999 999 999 Iotas, 41297 Jinn.
Activity: 175
December 30, 2015, 03:12:03 AM

The old addresses in /ac have disappeared. There are a few new. Do I have to enter the address new or is there a different list than /old.txt and /ac? Where? Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001
December 30, 2015, 02:30:17 AM
legendary
Activity: 1344
December 30, 2015, 01:04:56 AM
Man this shit is mindblowing, it really IS the Bitcoin Killler, no fucking shit man!! WOW!!! Shocked

Image IoT processors installed in every device in your house and satellites around the Earth sending UDP packets via IPv6 to sync IOTA software preinstalled in each of them. Now this is mindblowing  Cool  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CubeSat
legendary
December 30, 2015, 12:54:35 AM
Then we need different infographic for tech guys and for general public.

For general public:
- No need to pay fees.
- No need to download gigabytes of blockchain.
- No need to trust someone.
Activity: 419
Merit: 250
December 30, 2015, 12:42:43 AM

I'd like to see an infographic, something like:

"IOTA - post blockchain era".
  • no blockchain
  • no fees
  • no hard TPS
  • quantum secure
  • lightweight
  • scalable
  • cross-platform

Just to grab some attention.

Gentleman, I have not been this blown away by a crypto ever.

People have a hard time getting people outside crypto to understand Bitcoin.

In this case, what we have is people inside crypto having a hard time understanding Iota.

They need this InfoGraphic so they can quickly see what it does. But then they are going to want to know how all this is possible.

Its VERY technical.

I believe we already have those in the community who would like to spread the word.

Can someone give them some ammo?

We need some analogies, pictures, diagrams that are stupid proof. Not saying people are stupid but I cant explain all this to them.

Its a difficult balance, because tech this advanced is hard to break down in easy terms that explains everything in, well, English lol.

It will take someone very wise and creative to do this effectively.

It's not me, or Id do it.

Its like we have the magic fruit tree, but we got to be able to explain how the magic works, before everyone will believe us enough to go walk up the hill and grab it.

The basic infographic will work fine for the general public, but we need to grow the circle here some more first.

Thats what Im saying.

Man this shit is mindblowing, it really IS the Bitcoin Killler, no fucking shit man!! WOW!!! Shocked
Activity: 304
December 30, 2015, 12:13:28 AM

If in Alice cant send to the retailer through bob, who cares. Maybe if its Bitcoin trying to use off chain transactions to help it, I can see how it could be a problem for them.

Does this same lighting tech effect how tangle works? Or is it just used for off chain transactions.

Fair warning Im a complete layman when it comes to coding

The point is more to show that Lightning Network is not IoT suited at all. A lot of bitcoiners think that bitcoin solves all problems in this world, including hunger and cancer, so you need posts like this to show why this is not the case. Which is why IOTA was made.

So I was correct that lightning would only be used for off chain transactions when it comes to Iota? Which is perfectly fine.

And you're saying that Bitcoiners seem to think that Lightning will make Bitcoin do these other things that Iota already does, in which case they're wrong.

Do I got this? Or do I still need to adjust my perception here some?
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
December 29, 2015, 11:09:39 PM
  • no blockchain
  • no fees
  • no hard TPS
  • quantum secure
  • lightweight
  • scalable
  • cross-platform

good idea.
legendary
December 29, 2015, 11:00:36 PM
Very interesting to see how people will react.
I have a suspicion that ethereum smart contracts is not a big deal, just hyped.

We hope to attract more devs to brainstorm and build projects on top of Iota at this stage.

• no blockchain
  • no fees
  • no hard TPS
  • quantum secure
  • lightweight
  • scalable
  • cross-platform

December 29, 2015, 10:42:52 PM

We hope to attract more devs to brainstorm and build projects on top of Iota at this stage.
legendary
December 29, 2015, 10:40:33 PM
I translated David's article (https://medium.com/@DavidSonstebo/iota-97592581f985#.g46t9or68) into Chinese and posted on the biggest Chinese btc forum - http://8btc.com/thread-27171-1-1.html

Hope our Chinese follows can go there to view it or make comments on it to bump it. Let's get more people to know about Iota.

December 29, 2015, 10:36:19 PM
I translated David's article (https://medium.com/@DavidSonstebo/iota-97592581f985#.g46t9or68) into Chinese and posted on the biggest Chinese btc forum - http://8btc.com/thread-27171-1-1.html

Hope our Chinese follows can go there to view it or make comments on it to bump it. Let's get more people to know about Iota.
Activity: 714
December 29, 2015, 10:06:15 PM

If in Alice cant send to the retailer through bob, who cares. Maybe if its Bitcoin trying to use off chain transactions to help it, I can see how it could be a problem for them.

Does this same lighting tech effect how tangle works? Or is it just used for off chain transactions.

The point is more to show that Lightning Network is not IoT suited at all. A lot of bitcoiners think that bitcoin solves all problems in this world, including hunger and cancer, so you need posts like this to show why this is not the case. Which is why IOTA was made.
Activity: 304
December 29, 2015, 01:08:05 PM

Activity: 812
December 28, 2015, 02:39:54 PM
https://blog.ethereum.org/2015/12/24/understanding-serenity-part-i-abstraction/

"...One particular interesting consequence is that with the current plan for Serenity, Ethereum will be optionally quantum-safe; if you are scared of the NSA having access to a quantum computer, and want to protect your account more securely, you can personally switch to Lamport signatures at any time. Proof of stake further bolsters this, as even if the NSA had a quantum computer and no one else they would not be able to exploit that to implement a 51% attack. The only cryptographic security assumption that will exist at protocol level in Ethereum is collision-resistance of SHA3..."

as I understand it, after the launch of Serenity , Ethereum will contain protection against quantum attacks quantum computers and eliminates the need of additional add-ons for security and a manipulation of accounts is very interesting

Comments?

EDIT: Reading previous page/guess it's been covered.
legendary
December 28, 2015, 11:23:23 AM
legendary
December 27, 2015, 09:11:07 PM
I made a mistake. I bought IOTA with JINN from my NXT account, but put my newly created IOTA address in the form on the website. Then the website showed me an amount of BTC to send. Then I sent the same IOTA address via my NXT account to the IOTA crowdsale NXT account. Is this O.K.? Will I get my IOTA tokens on the address or should I create a new address?

Should be O.K.
Jump to: