Pages:
Author

Topic: IOTA Crowdsale - page 18. (Read 182690 times)

Activity: 763
Merit: 500
February 16, 2016, 04:15:10 PM
Could we have this thread locked?  I see a lot of cross-talk, and similar questions regarding IOTA in general in both this thread, and the ANNouncement thread.

Locking up this thread is a good idea.
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
February 16, 2016, 04:12:43 PM
Could we have this thread locked?  I see a lot of cross-talk, and similar questions regarding IOTA in general in both this thread, and the ANNouncement thread.

I don't think this thread needs to be deleted, but it can be linked on the original post for history.  I see no reason to keep the Crowdsale thread open.  If people want to talk or ask questions about IOTA, as a piece of crypto-software, let them ask over there or join Ryver.

Just my two cents.
Activity: 714
February 16, 2016, 04:09:35 PM
This is getting really unpleasant and kinda ridiculous.

Can we get a move along and launch this yet?

ETA?

Don't worry. In my experience and observation 90%+ of those who purchased IOTA know that IOTA is software and we have no legal obligation to magically make them rich. There are sadly a few rotten apples like rtrtcrypto who seem to think we are his slaves because he purchased software with bitcoins instead of fiat money, and I have to be extremely blunt and honest with these people in order to avoid false accusations later on.

I know exactly what I am doing and got several great things planned for IOTA, but like we have said from day 1: at the end of the day the success of IOTA will be determined by its users, so we highly suggest everyone spend more time thinking about real life use, instead of random speculation.

As for ETA, I responded to this over in the crowdsale thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13906824
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
February 16, 2016, 04:04:21 PM
This is getting really unpleasant and kinda ridiculous.

Can we get a move along and launch this yet?

ETA?
Activity: 763
February 16, 2016, 04:03:36 PM
Bitcointalk is a not a great place for efficient communication. People keep asking same questions again and again because the previous same questions and replies have been buried underneath the new posts. It is really a waste of time. On the Ryver forum or future Iota forum, you can create a topic to ask you question once and get answered. The question and the answer will always be there for people to visit and refer if other people have same question later.
February 16, 2016, 03:59:27 PM
I'm always amazed by posts like this from you - I can't even comprehend what exactly you think you are doing when you say things like this.

I wonder if you know just how BAD you are at what you do, the smugness and arrogance from these posts are so ridiculous, if you were a CEO or leader of a large company you would be replaced in 2 seconds for making statements like this. You are the face of the project and you are supposed to present the project in the best light possible and THIS is what you come up with?

Why not just tell everyone to go fuck themselves and be done with it? Think about the tone you bring to these threads. Honestly, it would be best if you guys spent some of the 1000+ BTC on hiring someone to better represent the team to the "non-investors". Then you can concentrate on whatever it is that you are doing which has a positive impact for IOTA. Maybe when you deliver a working and stable product you can begin to dream about talking to other people in this tone - "Hey, you guys got what you paid for - the software works". Right now? Right now YOU have 1000+ BTC and there is an expectation that you will deliver something useful and stable. To hear "hey, we don't owe anyone anything, we are just as responsible as anyone else here"... this is crap, because YOU GOT PAID. Not me.

Most of the time I wish you just bit your tongue, because I'm sure you are hurting the project with this tone you take every 2 pages. Whatever you are doing behind the scenes, I hope it's spectacular - because otherwise I would hope to see you replaced. Honestly, you can't possibly think your words and behavior in these threads helps the project along. I know for a fact that many people invested in this project (YES, INVESTED, I don't care that you want to side step issues with the SEC here - you can call this software and still see your customers and people who are investing in your company and future) because of their belief in CFB.

To be perfectly blunt, as you like to be, everytime I worry about this project it is because of the tone and attitude you have. You speak to a VC or within a serious funding round with the tone you bring and you will be destroyed. You need to re-think exactly what you say and how you say it.

If you can't handle this, find someone who CAN. 

Ugh another one.

First and foremost:
AGAIN look through the threads we have made to see how many times we have specifically told people to stop polluting the thread with speculation, which we said from day 1 we would strike down on. And again FROM REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE, not theory we *know* how fast these things get out of hand, so being brutally blunt and repetitive is the only solution to avoid false speculation, accusations and drama that we have experienced 100 times before from trolls. This is not a game and hypothetics for us, this is from experience. We run a legally registered company, sorry but this is the role of a CEO, he has to deliver the blunt truth without sugar coating it, otherwise we'd run the risk of drama. This time we decided to avoid all that by being 100% crystal clear. IOTA is software, if you purchased it you agreed to our terms and risks. That is it. That is the entirety of our agreement with customers. So please take your "I INVESTED, you guys are trying to side step SEC!" bullshit elsewhere. IOTA is a software data layer that enables data transfer and transactive settlements, it is not by itself equity or assets. You are the exact person my post is aimed at.

Secondly
if you want me to take you seriously you need to stop misquoting me. I have never said "You guys bought software therefore we don't owe you anything". We owe the software, which I also mentioned in that very post you chose to falliciously lash out at. But the point stands: there are some people who bought IOTA tokens for speculation: we do not owe them anything beyond the software and everyone needs to understand this.

What guys like you seem to fail to realize is that cryptographical token software is not some magic. I could EASILY have been a hypocritical idiot and hyped and promised any and everything in order to drive up the software sale, but did I? No, instead we are brutally honest, because we know this space better than anyone and know just how disingenuous some people are, which lead to a ton of wasted time and resources.

If people like yourself would stop making up false bullshit like "OH I INVESTED IN YOU, SO YOU OWE IT TO ME TO MAKE ME RICH!" I could take another tone. And trust me I got more experience talking with big companies and VCs than you do, they are quite aware of the fact that in business it's all about being blunt. This is not a marketing gig, the software sale is over, now it's all about releasing the software and (by our own volition) grow the ecosystem, but it's not something we legally OWE you, you are not our investor in IOTA, we got no investors in IOTA. Welcome to the real world. IOTA is real world tech, not crypto-speculation-pump-and-dump
Activity: 627
February 16, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
I'm always amazed by posts like this from you - I can't even comprehend what exactly you think you are doing when you say things like this.

I wonder if you know just how BAD you are at what you do, the smugness and arrogance from these posts are so ridiculous, if you were a CEO or leader of a large company you would be replaced in 2 seconds for making statements like this. You are the face of the project and you are supposed to present the project in the best light possible and THIS is what you come up with?

Why not just tell everyone to go fuck themselves and be done with it? Think about the tone you bring to these threads. Honestly, it would be best if you guys spent some of the 1000+ BTC on hiring someone to better represent the team to the "non-investors". Then you can concentrate on whatever it is that you are doing which has a positive impact for IOTA. Maybe when you deliver a working and stable product you can begin to dream about talking to other people in this tone - "Hey, you guys got what you paid for - the software works". Right now? Right now YOU have 1000+ BTC and there is an expectation that you will deliver something useful and stable. To hear "hey, we don't owe anyone anything, we are just as responsible as anyone else here"... this is crap, because YOU GOT PAID. Not me.

Most of the time I wish you just bit your tongue, because I'm sure you are hurting the project with this tone you take every 2 pages. Whatever you are doing behind the scenes, I hope it's spectacular - because otherwise I would hope to see you replaced. Honestly, you can't possibly think your words and behavior in these threads helps the project along. I know for a fact that many people invested in this project (YES, INVESTED, I don't care that you want to side step issues with the SEC here - you can call this software and still see your customers and people who are investing in your company and future) because of their belief in CFB.

To be perfectly blunt, as you like to be, everytime I worry about this project it is because of the tone and attitude you have. You speak to a VC or within a serious funding round with the tone you bring and you will be destroyed. You need to re-think exactly what you say and how you say it.

If you can't handle this, find someone who CAN. 

For sure. But to be honest, those that do not even care to enter a chat are most likely not the ones that have true intention for their IOTA tokens. Rest assured I am sure the community will continue to keep the threads alive here on BTT, that is always the case. We are setting up a stand-alone forum for IOTA and will continue to use Ryver for chat. Ryver UX is not as good as Slack, but Slack is too expensive for thousands of users, so if UX of Ryver does not improve we'll move over to RocketChat.

Right now people should rather focus on meet-ups, events and use-cases instead of relying on us doing everything.

I wouldn't exclude those that don't want to enter Ryver. Some just don't have the time to navigate another forum or chat room. And I certainly wouldn't qualify their "true intentions", anyone who invested BTC has enough intentions to deserve any info they request. You guys raised 1.3k btc, so you shouldn't rely on anyone to do anything until you've released a stable client.

False. We got 0 investors. We got buyers of software, software that they should focus on making useful (for themselves). This is why we are actually spending OUR time VOLUNTARILY to setup the community, get companies on board, get marketing done, get events setup, which got nothing to do with software. It got to do with us wanting (by our own volition) to grow the ecosystem, which we have NO obligation to do.

The backend client has been done and we're actively doing testing, the community wanted a glossy front-end so we decided to give it one, which caused delay, but in this time we did more testing and optimized IOTA further, so nothing has really been lost.

But don't think for a second that we should just pretend the emperor hath new clothes and that those who spend more time speculating on the value of the software post-launch rather than actually doing anything to achieve this, somehow got 'true intentions' in regards to growing IOTA as an ecosystem. This is why I have been so blunt towards them, to not have a scenario where we got tons of people complaining about things they got no right to complain about.

So yes, like we said before we even announced the crowdsale: the community has to do their own work to grow the eocsystem, we make the software. All these extra relationships, companies etc. is us being community members, not something we owe anyone.
February 16, 2016, 02:25:46 PM

False. We got 0 investors. We got buyers of software, software that they should focus on making useful (for themselves). This is why we are actually spending OUR time VOLUNTARILY to setup the community, get companies on board, get marketing done, get events setup, which got nothing to do with software. It got to do with us wanting (by our own volition) to grow the ecosystem, which we have NO obligation to do.

The backend client has been done and we're actively doing testing, the community wanted a glossy front-end so we decided to give it one, which caused delay, but in this time we did more testing and optimized IOTA further, so nothing has really been lost.

But don't think for a second that we should just pretend the emperor hath new clothes and that those who spend more time speculating on the value of the software post-launch rather than actually doing anything to achieve this, somehow got 'true intentions' in regards to growing IOTA as an ecosystem. This is why I have been so blunt towards them, to not have a scenario where we got tons of people complaining about things they got no right to complain about.

So yes, like we said before we even announced the crowdsale: the community has to do their own work to grow the eocsystem, we make the software. All these extra relationships, companies etc. is us being community members, not something we owe anyone.

Totally reasonable and good to make that clear right now. There are plenty of entities interested in making the extra relationships work - you don't need to do all the heavy lifting yourself.

Indeed and I got A LOT of really big and exciting news that will be made available quite soon, but I don't want the commuity to become dependent on me, CfB or just another handful of people. None of us have any plans of suddenly ceasing to continue to grow IOTA and the ecosystem, but it needs to be a community effort. Everyone needs to understand that the more they put in, the more they get out.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
February 16, 2016, 02:22:08 PM

Totally reasonable and good to make that clear right now. There are plenty of entities interested in making the extra relationships work - you don't need to do all the heavy lifting yourself.
February 16, 2016, 02:00:41 PM
For sure. But to be honest, those that do not even care to enter a chat are most likely not the ones that have true intention for their IOTA tokens. Rest assured I am sure the community will continue to keep the threads alive here on BTT, that is always the case. We are setting up a stand-alone forum for IOTA and will continue to use Ryver for chat. Ryver UX is not as good as Slack, but Slack is too expensive for thousands of users, so if UX of Ryver does not improve we'll move over to RocketChat.

Right now people should rather focus on meet-ups, events and use-cases instead of relying on us doing everything.

I wouldn't exclude those that don't want to enter Ryver. Some just don't have the time to navigate another forum or chat room. And I certainly wouldn't qualify their "true intentions", anyone who invested BTC has enough intentions to deserve any info they request. You guys raised 1.3k btc, so you shouldn't rely on anyone to do anything until you've released a stable client.

legendary
Activity: 1470
February 16, 2016, 01:45:33 PM

February 16, 2016, 12:41:22 PM
Just checked the last couple of pages, the website, and the front page of this thread, but the information available seems rather thin.
Other than the whitepaper, is there any reading material of substance available for one to get familiar with IOTA? Perhaps a git repository, or a beta client, or... something? Thanks!

Ask for an invite to Ryver from the IOTA rep. lots going on.

Not everyone wants to join Ryver though, so it's important that all updates and information are posted here as well.

legendary
Activity: 1470
February 16, 2016, 12:37:40 PM
Just checked the last couple of pages, the website, and the front page of this thread, but the information available seems rather thin.
Other than the whitepaper, is there any reading material of substance available for one to get familiar with IOTA? Perhaps a git repository, or a beta client, or... something? Thanks!

Not everyone wants to join Ryver though, so it's important that all updates and information are posted here as well.
Activity: 840
February 15, 2016, 06:23:41 PM

Activity: 228
Merit: 100
February 15, 2016, 05:35:45 PM
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
February 15, 2016, 02:41:12 PM
Is it planned to review IOTA by someone who has the skills and knowledge to do this? Something from  the community maybe?

Yes.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
February 15, 2016, 02:07:57 PM
Is it planned to review IOTA by someone who has the skills and knowledge to do this? Something from  the community maybe?

Quick question, as I just secured my keys in a bank vault. If I just want to hold long-term (years), I don't have to take any actions in the near future correct? The IOTA are safe and secure long term in the account I created for the genesis block - correct?

Thanks,

Yes, if there is no a flaw in security. Iota security hasn't been peer-reviewed yet.
Activity: 627
February 15, 2016, 12:46:31 PM
Ok,

I take it in case of a major security issue we might need to move coins to a new address that would be created using some upgraded algo... I will keep my keys close then.

Quick question, as I just secured my keys in a bank vault. If I just want to hold long-term (years), I don't have to take any actions in the near future correct? The IOTA are safe and secure long term in the account I created for the genesis block - correct?

Thanks,

Yes, if there is no a flaw in security. Iota security hasn't been peer-reviewed yet.
legendary
February 15, 2016, 12:26:16 PM
legendary
February 15, 2016, 12:24:25 PM

Thanks,

Pages:
Jump to: